PDA

View Full Version : Some food for thought.....

BLS
08-05-2007, 11:52 AM
I Tivo'd the debates and just finished watching them.

It was a farce...whoever said that was right on the money.
RP had less time than any other debate he's been in. Which is a sham.

But it wasn't a primetime debate, so I'm not overly concerned about it.

I spent all weekend with some very good friends and managed to convince most of them to 'just listen' to RP. My best friend is totally on board, minus his stance on just getting out of Iraq. He thinks we owe it to the Iraqi's not to trash their country and then just walk away. He said 'we have a moral obligation to them, because we made this mess.'

I said "we have a moral obligation not to kill 18 year old american kids in a war that is a lie, and to spend that money here to take care of Americans who need it." I think he got my point. :cool:

That all being said....I think we all have to realize something.

Not everyone is going to understand RP and his viewpoints.
Not everyone is going to agree with us about our country and the mess it's in.
Some people you just can't get through to.

Regarding the debates where there were boos, and Romney attacking RP:

First off, Romney is a fu^&ing joke. He is such a dork, he followed Guilianis' footsteps and attacked RP during the debate. He's so f'ing stupid, he didn't even learn that RP actually GAINED support after Guiliani bashed him, plus his 'attack about 9/11 on RP' was pathetic anyway.

The boos tell me one thing...PEOPLE ARE LISTENING to RP. He's becoming a legitimate contender, otherwise nobody would have said anything or bothered to boo him. THIS IS GOOD NEWS....they are getting scared....

I also believe we need to not 'hinge' on every little thing that he says or does, or if he answered appropriately or if he wasn't firm enough during speeches or debates. I firmly believe that Ron Paul will get his 'backbone' as more and more people stand behind him and he begins to actually realize how strong his campaign is becoming.

Wyurm
08-05-2007, 12:00 PM
I agree, we should all be his cheerleaders and not his critics. If we support him enough, then his confidence will grow. After all, we are the campaign.

freelance
08-05-2007, 12:08 PM
There is one thing that we have overlooked, and that is that he didn't commit any "errors." Many of the others did.

I know most here thought his last answer was not so good, but he did speak the truth. There's been no transparency in this administration. They speak in code in the Congress: my good friend this, the distinguished gentleman that, blah, blah, misrepresented. I immediately thought his answer was code for TRUTH! I wish he had just said, "truth" or "honesty."

MozoVote
08-05-2007, 12:12 PM
After reading through the comments on the ABC site, I do get the sense that Huckabee impressed some of the generic conservatives out there. Huckabee's #2 showing in the online polls may be telling us something, too.

People just don't seem to post comments saying how impressed they were with Mitt Romney or how they have decided NOW to vote for him. He does not "connect" with people.

stevedasbach
08-05-2007, 12:18 PM
The MSM has been trying to elevate Huckabee out of the bottom tier since the debates started, with some success. Take a look at the NY Times chart that shows how much time each candidate has been interviewed. Huckabee has had time showered on him in comparison to the rest of the "lower tier" candidates.

rp4prez
08-05-2007, 12:23 PM
That all being said....I think we all have to realize something.

Not everyone is going to understand RP and his viewpoints.
Not everyone is going to agree with us about our country and the mess it's in.
Some people you just can't get through to.
You're right about this! Another board I'm on that comprises some good friends from college have literally called me crazy when I tell them I support RP. They are all either neo-con supporters or liberal democrate supporters. I keep telling them that they just don't get it and to figure it out for themselves since they think I'm "crazy" haha. ;)

TheEvilDetector
08-05-2007, 12:24 PM
The MSM has been trying to elevate Huckabee out of the bottom tier since the debates started, with some success. Take a look at the NY Times chart that shows how much time each candidate has been interviewed. Huckabee has had time showered on him in comparison to the rest of the "lower tier" candidates.

Can you please provide link to this chart?