PDA

View Full Version : It is time for a peaceful protest. We need to pick a date, time and place

thegr8drronpaul
01-30-2008, 08:00 PM
I am not kidding. We need to decide now where we will revolt. I will take my kids out of school and fly there whereever it may be.

garrettwombat
01-30-2008, 08:01 PM
not yet dude... calm down.

TheWhiteRider
01-30-2008, 08:01 PM
not a revolt, just real protests.

SigurdVolsung
01-30-2008, 08:02 PM
Nows not yet the time, but I fear it will be soon.

PaultheSaint
01-30-2008, 08:02 PM
DC Protest, not revolt.

CountryboyRonPaul
01-30-2008, 08:04 PM
NO, The only way for this to happen is for THEM to draw first. That is the ONLY way to get support against them.

Focus our energies on discreditting the Media for now, which will be the biggest enemy against any revolution.

Cinderella
01-30-2008, 08:06 PM
we should set up a protest in all ron paul supporting staes...some of us cant travel....we should set up one day where we all march together all over the country!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BillyDkid
01-30-2008, 08:43 PM
I am ready to go anywhere and march. It is time for a show of force and a show of numbers. Our own million person march. Who else is up for this? Will someone start a web site? It is time to be the squeaky wheel.

gracebkr
01-30-2008, 08:46 PM
Something needs to be done.

Young_Apprentice
01-30-2008, 08:47 PM
Mind putting the word PEACEFUL before revolt in your message OP? Inciting a revolt on the internet probably isn't such a good idea.

ItsTime
01-30-2008, 08:48 PM
this is the revolt.. its called the internet... why do you think the government is trying to destroy it?

govtpigII
01-30-2008, 08:48 PM
Why don't you guys try something like a peaceful protest instead of talking on a public board about something that is honestly a bit far fetched from reality.

Alabama Supporter
01-30-2008, 08:49 PM
DC protests didn't end the war. Doubt it would do much for RP.

GHoeberX
01-30-2008, 08:50 PM
Make a huge rally in Washington DC. Something like MLK did back in the days :)

dmp78
01-30-2008, 08:51 PM
I am not kidding. We need to decide now where we will revolt. I will take my kids out of school and fly there whereever it may be.

i'm convinced that our only chance of turning this mess of a country around IS some sort of revolt. we're going to have to gather en masse and march on DC and not leave until things change.

sounds drastic, but that's our only shot. the establishment won't let ron paul or anyone like him ever touch the white house. this 'ron paul revolution' is just the beginning, his campaign is just the start. we need to keep ron in the mix as long as possible, and whenever his campaign comes to an end, its up to us to decide if we want to take it to the next level. we'll need to keep spreading the message, and keep opening eyes and pissing people off. and then we'll need to march. posting in message boards won't cut it. we'll need to be willing to sacrifce, and hit the streets.

crazyfingers
01-30-2008, 08:52 PM
Why don't you guys try something like a peaceful protest instead of talking on a public board about something that is honestly a bit far fetched from reality.

QFT big time

Evazan
01-30-2008, 08:53 PM
There is still time for a peaceful revolution. Once that time passes I pledge to be on the front lines.

By a peaceful revolution I mean GO OUT AND CANVASS!!!!

Jon4Ron
01-30-2008, 08:55 PM
Good chance to check out those niffty new FEMA camps.

TheWhiteRider
01-30-2008, 08:55 PM
DC protests didn't end the war. Doubt it would do much for RP.

Uh yes it did. DC protests in the 60s ended Vietnam. The only way we're going to end Iraq is more DC protests. Call me a hippie, but it works. With enough people, we can make a difference, and seeing as RP is pulling thousands of votes in each state, we have enough people

Jim_Karr
01-30-2008, 08:57 PM
There is still time for a peaceful revolution. Once that time passes I pledge to be on the front lines.

1+

TSOL
01-30-2008, 08:59 PM
I suggested picketing in GA for CNN and in the other areas for MSNBA and FOX and no one responded

coffeewithchess
01-30-2008, 09:00 PM
not a revolt, just real protests.

Protests don't do anything...look at the "ANTI-War" protests...WASTE OF TIME!

Soccrmastr
01-30-2008, 09:00 PM
My uncle always says that the only thing that will change this country is violent revolution. But the time for that is not yet!

ggibson1
01-30-2008, 09:03 PM
The #1 principal I have ingrained into my mind because of Ron Paul is ... decentralization of power. It is what the Founding Fathers used... seperation of powers.

We can take their power without violence.

For instance... if we put together a website source that made it very easy and as cheap as possible for people to get their homes off the electricity grid... we would have a more stable society with our energy AND we will have DECENTRALIZED alot of power from the elites that they now have over us.

Maybe do the same thing with health care... dentralized organization of large numbers of people to move in force via the Internet to make the prices go down because of our large numbers... once again without the elites and therefore removing more of their power over us....

This movement could change things WITHOUT the centralized power of the White House... I sure wish we could get that on our side but there is more than one way to skin a cat.

dirka
01-30-2008, 09:04 PM
I will donate $100 bucks to the campaign if someone shows me a video of Anderson getting a pie in his pretty boy face!!!

LiveToWin
01-30-2008, 09:07 PM
Hold!!!

The Machine
01-30-2008, 09:13 PM
The #1 principal I have ingrained into my mind because of Ron Paul is ... decentralization of power. It is what the Founding Fathers used... seperation of powers.

We can take their power without violence.

For instance... if we put together a website source that made it very easy and as cheap as possible for people to get their homes off the electricity grid... we would have a more stable society with our energy AND we will have DECENTRALIZED alot of power from the elites that they now have over us.

Maybe do the same thing with health care... dentralized organization of large numbers of people to move in force via the Internet to make the prices go down because of our large numbers... once again without the elites and therefore removing more of their power over us....

This movement could change things WITHOUT the centralized power of the White House... I sure wish we could get that on our side but there is more than one way to skin a cat.

Words of wisdom! If Ron Paul doesn't get elected, we will basically not have a government in a Constitutional sense--as if that isn't true now--and we are no longer obligated to serve such a government. What then? We have a network of thousands of like-minded people that can take care of ourselves, as the above post points out. We can recipricate what the establishment and media has done to us...just ignore them.

BillyDkid
01-30-2008, 09:13 PM
Protests don't do anything...look at the "ANTI-War" protests...WASTE OF TIME!The protests and the rising up of the people is what ended the Vietnam war. A show of force (I don't mean violence) and numbers does, in fact, change things. In fact, that is how almost all major changes take place. MLK, Ghandi, the Vietnam War. There is nothing remotely unrealistic about having a large march in Washington.

A. Havnes
01-30-2008, 09:14 PM
Two words: civil disobedience.

However, please only use this tactic once it's necessary. Right now, we have to trust that Ron Paul can hold his own.

LiveToWin
01-30-2008, 09:19 PM
"If there was hope, it must lie in the proles because only there, in those swarming disregarded masses, 85 percent of the population of Oceania, could the force to destroy the Party ever be generated. The Party could not be overthrown from within. It's enemies, if it had any enemies, had no way of coming together or even of identifying one another. Even if the legendary Brotherhood existed, as just possibly it might, it was inconceivable that its members could ever assemble in larger numbers than twos and threes. Rebellion meant a look in the eyes, an inflection of the voice; at the most, an occasional whispered word. But the proles, if only they could somehow become conscious of their own strength, would have no need to conspire. They needed only to rise up and shake themselves like a horse shaking off flies. If they chose they could blow the Party to pieces tomorrow morning. Surely sooner or later it must occur to them to do it?"

-George Orwell

;)

Finn
01-30-2008, 09:19 PM
Uh yes it did. DC protests in the 60s ended Vietnam. The only way we're going to end Iraq is more DC protests. Call me a hippie, but it works.
You know there were protests ALL AROUND THE WORLD against the Iraq war right? Even some small cities in Scandinavia. It changed nothing, absolutely nothing. I hate to say this but I've lost hope for a peaceful change.

ignoranceisntbliss
01-30-2008, 09:22 PM
...provacation???

Perfect way to make us all look like crazies.

thegr8drronpaul
01-30-2008, 09:23 PM
I re-phrased my initial post. My blood pressure was through the roof and I was all emotional (I'm a girl too, so I was REALLY emotional)

Anyways, now that I'm calm and Ron made the McMitten couple look like adolescents, I do support some kind of organized march. If and when the time comes - just say the word!

B of R guy
01-30-2008, 09:24 PM
One thing is for sure, the revolution would not be televised.

Nathan Hale
01-30-2008, 09:24 PM
FREE STATE PROJECT

www.freestateproject.org

Akus
01-30-2008, 09:26 PM

take a nyquil and get some sleep. Nobody is revolting, you will not win anything this way, just do what you've been doing already (hopefully) - canvass, canvass, canvass....

nodope0695
01-30-2008, 09:26 PM
Its time to march on D.C. Right up to the capital steps.

ignoranceisntbliss
01-30-2008, 09:27 PM
DONT REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Original_Intent
01-30-2008, 09:27 PM

I am not saying you are not sincere, but when I see a relative newcomer proposing "true revolt" the first thing that comes to my mind is "agent provacateur". I am not making any accusations, I'm just saying..

satchelmcqueen
01-30-2008, 09:30 PM
Im up for a march in washington if done peaceful for now. 1 million people need to be there. lets try and spread this and ill be there.

Strike-Fighter
01-30-2008, 09:32 PM
FOX News will see this topic and talk about how we're all loons.

I say we take out FOX News first...

Agent CSL
01-30-2008, 09:33 PM
One step at a time. There is still ability for a peaceful move through the election. After that...

I'm pretty certain that the Neocons are fixated on one thing and they don't care about protests. We can protest all we want but it's not going to do much and the media will ignore it or ridicule it. The last 20 years highlights that well.

There will be a time to pick up arms, but it is not now.

A. Havnes
01-30-2008, 09:35 PM
"If there was hope, it must lie in the proles because only there, in those swarming disregarded masses, 85 percent of the population of Oceania, could the force to destroy the Party ever be generated. The Party could not be overthrown from within. It's enemies, if it had any enemies, had no way of coming together or even of identifying one another. Even if the legendary Brotherhood existed, as just possibly it might, it was inconceivable that its members could ever assemble in larger numbers than twos and threes. Rebellion meant a look in the eyes, an inflection of the voice; at the most, an occasional whispered word. But the proles, if only they could somehow become conscious of their own strength, would have no need to conspire. They needed only to rise up and shake themselves like a horse shaking off flies. If they chose they could blow the Party to pieces tomorrow morning. Surely sooner or later it must occur to them to do it?"

-George Orwell

Thank you for that. "1984" is getting frighteningly real.

hyoomen

I think this has already been scheduled for Feb01, 2008. Please leave your signs, guns, and gas masks at home and bring a donation for $51 (or more) to http://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate/

Thank you. Enjoy your revolt.

wirenut
If we had a march some where id be there. This is something we really should consider.

ggibson1
01-30-2008, 09:38 PM

Very funny...

and if things ever got to revolution that would probably happen to!

smartbandwidth
01-30-2008, 09:39 PM
How about 1,000,000 people with boomboxes blasting out John Lennon's "All we are saying is give peace a chance."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIp05yhDmHE

Hans in Norway is calling for a Ron Paul Revolution March on DC:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wybcBWWKlQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Qc3M7SWVrA

I say we do both!!

Peace and God Bless!

dawnbt
01-30-2008, 09:40 PM
I suggested picketing in GA for CNN and in the other areas for MSNBA and FOX and no one responded

+1000

Synthox
01-30-2008, 09:43 PM
Now is not the time. Remember anything you do now the media will use AGAINST this campaign. Super Tuesday is way too close for a few to ruin it for us all. Patience please I beg of you all.

"The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
Woodrow Wilson

Agent CSL
01-30-2008, 09:45 PM

This is why we must be patient. If we strike too soon we risk looking like lunatics, and in a way, FOX is right because people who act violently first never have a better course of action.

We must keep canvassing for Ron Paul.
Then, discredit the mass media.
Discredit the establishment.
Put fliers in library books, on public billboards, in bathrooms, on the internet, etc.
Call for major reform in Washington DC.
Fight the Orwellian bills and laws on the internet.
Make people painfully aware of the world.

If all else fails and these Neocons continue to perpetuate war, NAU and globalization, then we will have much of America on our side - much of the world, really - to form a way to pick up arms if it escalates to that.

The only way to start this is to inform.

JSutter
01-30-2008, 09:48 PM
I think everyone should plan on being at the RNC convention in St. Paul this year. It's pretty much in the center of the country and about equal traveling distance for everyone. Let us go there, unite, show solidarity, and have some meetings to decide where we go with the movement.

Lets make a vow to find and support Constitutionalists in every level of government from city councils all the way up to the Senate and beyond. We need to start running campaigns nationwide for people the way that Ron did years ago where he was getting tons of donations for his house seat runs from outside his district from people that agreed with his principles.

We really should start a Constitutionalist party and aggressively grow our ranks in positions of power nationwide so that they will no longer be able to ignore us. All the times that Ron was the sole dissenting voice in Congress he was easy to ignore because he was one of 400 and something. Let's work hard and put 50-100 more there with him over the next 6-10 years and make a legitimate third party from the ground up that can no longer be ignored.

We can do so much more by playing the game the way the Dems and Republicans do and getting people that hold the same views as us in power than we can by protesting in the streets because it's too easy to dismiss us as nutjobs when we scream and yell and chase down news anchors. We need our voice to be heard from the inside in state House and Senate chambers nationwide as well as in Washington. Lets pick up the flag and beat them at their own game. Become a delegate, run for statewide office, run for a House or Senate seat or support the campaigns of great people like Ron nationwide and help them to have the courage to run and get into power.

If we applied the same excitement and energy to organizing runs for Statewide and National level seats as we do to the Paul campaign we could become unstoppable within oyr lifetimes. Its too easy to be a defeatist. Get up, go out and change the establishment.

This movement doesn't end with this campaign. Plan for House and Senate runs in 2010, 2012, and so on NOW! Work hard and when the time comes lets get Ron to endorse our candidates the way we've been endorsing him. We need to show the establishment that the two party system is over with and that we intend to play their game and win.

Yes it would feel great to go out in the streets and scream, protest, and blow off steam but it will only erase everything that everyone for this campaign has worked so hard for and that is the message. We might lose this battle but we will not lose the war.

Convert
01-30-2008, 09:51 PM
Mind putting the word PEACEFUL before revolt in your message OP? Inciting a revolt on the internet probably isn't such a good idea.

For real--might even get someone branded as a domestic t-word. (Note to Big Brother...I didn't say it!)

SimpleName
01-30-2008, 09:52 PM
True revolt? Not sure what the thread starter meant by this, but we are far from using any sort of violence and civil disobedience in the Civil Rights form is a while away as well. Right now, large rallies and protests against the MSM would be perfect. Boycotting sponsors of this junk media is a task I'm definitely looking at taking up after this CNN debate (many others already have). If every one of us could get the same mindset at the same time, I can only imagine what great stuff could get done. Protesting locally just to get some coverage throughout the country is a great idea as well. If only we could organize this. A leader anyone?

kushaze
01-30-2008, 09:55 PM
I am ready. Anyone here an arms dealer (I am talking about military grade)?

JSutter
01-30-2008, 09:58 PM
If every one of us could get the same mindset at the same time, I can only imagine what great stuff could get done.

QFT

That is why we need to organize on the national level. Lets get a new party rolling com plete with website, newsletters, etc. We can boycott the MSM and their advertisers the same way that the religious organizations do to the movie studios and such when they release things they find repulsive.

Have one site up where people can go to learn about boycotts, Constitutionalists running for seats nationwide and help support their campaigns. Have an E-newsletter with a $25 yearly membership and roll that money into supporting campaigns of Ron Paul supporters and Constitutionalists nationwide.

junior_bacon_cheeseburger
01-30-2008, 09:59 PM
protests dont do anything, we need to start thinking of more creative ways to peacefully strike back at these establishment WHORE traitor scumbag pricks

Agent CSL
01-30-2008, 10:03 PM
protests dont do anything, we need to start thinking of more creative ways to peacefully strike back at these establishment WHORE traitor scumbag pricks
Inform. Inform your friends, your family. Inform the masses. What do you inform them of? Inform them of the beauty of free thought, of free and unbias media. Provoke them to make their own opinions. Inform them painfully of the status of the world, but most importantly, you need to make sure they can think for themselves.

All people think they are independent thinkers .... but that thought couldn't be farther from the truth.

gracebkr
01-30-2008, 10:04 PM
Make a huge rally in Washington DC. Something like MLK did back in the days :)

At the LINCOLN MEMORIAL!!!!!!!!!!

Jean
01-30-2008, 10:06 PM
It is time we take over the Republican party! the Republican pary is in shambles and it is ours for the taking!
Ron Paul Republicans Unite!
We work from the inside out!
It is the right way!

thuja
01-30-2008, 10:07 PM
not yet dude... calm down.

yes, please, not yet.

ArrestPoliticians
01-30-2008, 10:07 PM
I want at least 200k in a march on washington

Talcott
01-30-2008, 10:08 PM
NO, The only way for this to happen is for THEM to draw first. That is the ONLY way to get support against them.

Focus our energies on discreditting the Media for now, which will be the biggest enemy against any revolution.

Not the biggest but the most exposed, and therefore the most vunerable.

Lisa S
I've wondered if people should make a plan to meet up in in case internet is ever shut down. By disaster or by the goverment. It could happen under the right circumstances. Our strengnth is being able to organize and communicate. If that was suddenly unexpectantly taken away. what would happen?

CasualApathy
I am afraid that because of threads like this one, I am now forced to make a choice. I can no longer in good concience participate in the discussion on these forums.

proudclod229
If it ever came down to it, I would defend myself, but if Ron Paul is not elected president, the window of opportunity for our cause will fade. How much does it take to get people to act? Will we wait until big brother rules all facets of our lives? Tyranny and oppression of the people by their governments' is nothing new.

The idea of a march on washington IS feasable and COULD be the spark for the Ron Paul rEVOLution needs. It is a fight for our constitution and the country I was indoctrinated to believe was free.

May god be on our side.

bolognium
01-30-2008, 10:09 PM
I am ready. Anyone here an arms dealer (I am talking about military grade)?

why? who you gonna attack? what you gonna do? just give bill o'reilly reason to call us all terrorists and lock down martial law?

doesn't Ron Paul always praise Ghandi?!

You guys gotta look at this in the greater perspective - this system has been messed up for much longer than 7 years - but look how fast Liberty has risen!

trust me - I know quite a few "lost souls" who support Romney or McCain - and I guarantee you that if a hardcore attempt is made at destroying the Constitution (round ups and so on) then they will stand up and fight but it will never get there.. just keep shining the light and these roaches will scatter in due time.

It's a new renaissance - the internet has destroyed their control system.

gracebkr
01-30-2008, 10:11 PM
I've wondered if people should make a plan to meet up in in case internet is ever shut down. By disaster or by the goverment. It could happen under the right circumstances. Our strengnth is being able to organize and communicate. If that was suddenly unexpectantly taken away. what would happen?

Phone number exchanges and one location to meet per state.

blakjak
01-30-2008, 10:13 PM
One concern I have with the numbers... If we couldn't get 100,000 people to donate on one day, how could we get 100,000 people to march?

fearthereaperx
01-30-2008, 10:13 PM
I am afraid that because of threads like this one, I am now forced to make a choice. I can no longer in good concience participate in the discussion on these forums.

see ya tomorrow.

thuja
01-30-2008, 10:15 PM
Inform. Inform your friends, your family. Inform the masses. What do you inform them of? Inform them of the beauty of free thought, of free and unbias media. Provoke them to make their own opinions. Inform them painfully of the status of the world, but most importantly, you need to make sure they can think for themselves.

All people think they are independent thinkers .... but that thought couldn't be farther from the truth.

people get upset when they find out how they have been misled like idiots.
then they become interested in doing something.

i got a lot of new voters today simply by talking about soy.. really.

i found a story about why it reall is dangerous www.sweetliberty.org/issues/health/drano.html so, while talking to several people it was easy to bring it up. after being told how awful it is that "they"lie to us so much, and what can we do, i told everyone about ron paul, as well, and every person was excited to hear about him. all this was inthe context of being misled by "them" more people are now thinking for themselves.

just bring up somethng like this, and tell people about ron paul.

Agent CSL
01-30-2008, 10:15 PM
New Hampshire for the FreeStateProject, if the Internet is ever taken down.

Southron
01-30-2008, 10:17 PM
At some point we have to realize that most Americans don't care about being free. As long as they have their beer and televisions nothing will ever change for the better. How can we educate the population when the MSM does everything in its power to censor our ideas? Yes, we do have the Internet now and our ideas have gained a lot more attention, but I'm afraid that most people simple do not care. While its possible to educate those people who want to learn, the majority of our populace could care less.

Just imagine what could be done if all of the Ron Paul supporters migrated to a state for the purpose of controlling it politically.

I believe we should consider FSW (Free State Wyoming). Not only is the population low, the people are generally independent minded, and in 2000 not a single county voted for Gore. That gives a very good republican base to work on.

Take a look at Niobrara County for example, with a population of 2407. I bet as few as 500 people could control that whole county politically. All it would take is for every one of the new migrants to vote for their liberty minded candidate in the primaries. Seeing how primaries are generally low turnout, once you get your Republican candidate in the general election, you have about a perfect shot at that person winning the general election for that county because its about 80% Republican.

Wouldn't it feel great to at least live in a free county?! If at any future point, the federal government becomes more tyranical, you have hundreds of neighbors who could at least stand together.

How about at least a little liberty in our lifetimes?

www.freestatewyoming.org

Travis B
01-30-2008, 10:17 PM
its been time for a revolt for many years haha. will it ever happen. god i hope not

ignoranceisntbliss
01-30-2008, 10:18 PM

DONT REPLY TO THIS THREAD!!!

fearthereaperx
01-30-2008, 10:18 PM

the internet wont be taken down/ or over.

DGambler
01-30-2008, 10:20 PM
Don't you realize that the movie the Matrix is a metaphor for what you are feeling right now? Ron Paul supporters are the ones in Zion.... everyone else is still in the Matrix and doesn't really want to wake up.

PimpBlimp
01-30-2008, 10:21 PM
Take your kids to a revolt?

Agent CSL
01-30-2008, 10:22 PM
the internet wont be taken down/ or over.
It can be taxed / censored / controlled / regulated. Basically, it can be taken down in those ways alone. If you don't have enough money to pay the email or website tax, then you have to get off. If you don't have views that the government likes, you'll be kicked off under the guise of national security.

Just read what's happening in northern Africa and some of Asia where BLOGGERS are getting arrested and internet content is filtered.

This could happen here, and in due time, it will.

Wasn't the radio free once?

ArrestPoliticians

Recent events have proven how misguided that effort was: not the idea but the location. NH went Mccain and Hitlery for crying out loud. Try Montana, they voted unanimously in the house and senate to reject the REAL ID

FreedomFighter8008

The best, most effective revolt we can make right now is to give as much as we can to the Feb. 1st money bomb. This will enable the campaign to place more ads to counter act the poor msm coverage. I, personally, saw 3 Ron Paul ads during the CNN debate tonight. This is only possible because of the large amounts of money we're raising.

So go to www.ronpaul2008.com/donate this Friday, Feb 1st!!!

gracebkr
01-30-2008, 10:23 PM

DONT REPLY TO THIS THREAD!!!

why? I think some are getting paranoid. I mean, I understand the paranoia, but nothing is really being planned. We have called the revolution a revolution for some time now. The only thing being planned is a rally.

crazyfacedjenkins
01-30-2008, 10:23 PM

look what will happen is a few people will get their guns and start something, when it makes the news just join in and do your part

fearthereaperx
01-30-2008, 10:24 PM
you go first

gracebkr
01-30-2008, 10:25 PM
look what will happen is a few people will get their guns and start something, when it makes the news just join in and do your part

lol, are you serious? If we notice a raucus on the news join in? That is the plan? lol.

The Machine
01-30-2008, 10:25 PM
If every one of us could get the same mindset at the same time, I can only imagine what great stuff could get done.

QFT

That is why we need to organize on the national level. Lets get a new party rolling com plete with website, newsletters, etc. We can boycott the MSM and their advertisers the same way that the religious organizations do to the movie studios and such when they release things they find repulsive.

Have one site up where people can go to learn about boycotts, Constitutionalists running for seats nationwide and help support their campaigns. Have an E-newsletter with a $25 yearly membership and roll that money into supporting campaigns of Ron Paul supporters and Constitutionalists nationwide.

There already is a national party that represents most of Ron Paul's ideology...it's called the Libertarian Party--www.lp.org . The infrastructure and membership are already in place. Statistically, the LP is the 3rd largest political party in the US. I think it would be a lot easier to mobilize and modify platforms within this party than try to gut an old line establishment party, like the GOP or Democratic. Just a thought.

Personally, I am structuring my personal life as far outside of the "system" as I can. How can we be anti big government if we continue to rely on government?

JSutter
01-30-2008, 10:26 PM
Take your kids to a revolt?

That made me LOL, why not? They have "take your kids to work" day. :)

fearthereaperx
01-30-2008, 10:28 PM
also, the internet is a double edged sword..use it to your advantage. Being so direct with a revolt will not do anything. DOnt you think they have contingency plans for this? counter act w/ original ideas and the house of cards will begin to fall.

thegr8drronpaul
01-30-2008, 10:29 PM
Sorry! I tried to edit to change to protest and it went through, but it's still appearing the same and now I can't edit (not sure if there's a time limit).

I was just ticked and wrote that after cooper interupted him after the sandra day o'conner question. I'm not a troll, a normal person who shouldn't have written revolt and should have written 'march' or 'demonstration.'

That's all - mod can delete - this was not my intention to freak everyone out!!! Sorry!

JSutter
01-30-2008, 10:29 PM
How can we be anti big government if we continue to rely on government?

Exactly, that's why I wish they'd give us a chance to opt out of Social Security. I can do a better job of taking care of myself than the government can. I don't want to pay National taxes for all the BS they tax us for either. I'll gladly pay state taxes for infrastructure, etc but why the hell am I giving the Federal Govt 20+% of my money? What are they giving me back in exchange?

I'll move to Wyoming with you guys.

gracebkr
01-30-2008, 10:30 PM
Sorry! I tried to edit to change to protest and it went through, but it's still appearing the same and now I can't edit (not sure if there's a time limit).

I was just ticked and wrote that after cooper interupted him after the sandra day o'conner question. I'm not a troll, a normal person who shouldn't have written revolt and should have written 'march' or 'demonstration.'

That's all - mod can delete - this was not my intention to freak everyone out!!! Sorry!

I did the same thing, only I buried it in a thread.

Thomas Paine
01-30-2008, 10:38 PM
"Give me liberty, or give me death!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShacjHxHrv8

Shink
01-30-2008, 10:39 PM
DC Protest, not revolt.

You think yelling, at a distance, to the government's GUARDS will cause anything other than some riot police to CS gas you? A DC protest wouldn't change anything in our favor.

The Machine
01-30-2008, 10:40 PM
How can we be anti big government if we continue to rely on government?

Exactly, that's why I wish they'd give us a chance to opt out of Social Security. I can do a better job of taking care of myself than the government can. I don't want to pay National taxes for all the BS they tax us for either. I'll gladly pay state taxes for infrastructure, etc but why the hell am I giving the Federal Govt 20+% of my money? What are they giving me back in exchange?

I'll move to Wyoming with you guys.

Hint: I'm not in Wyoming, but a rural area like it. When things get real bad--and they will--barring a Paul presidency, the cities and large populated areas will be hit the hardest. In more rural areas, people tend to barter, exchange work, watch each other's backs...harder for government to control that kind of lifestyle.

beachmaster
01-30-2008, 10:51 PM
It is time we take over the Republican party! the Republican pary is in shambles and it is ours for the taking!
Ron Paul Republicans Unite!
We work from the inside out!
It is the right way!
I've been thinking about that ever since our local Ron Paul Meetup met up at the local GOP executive committee meeting. We were over 2/3rds of the people in the room, close to half actually! If each of us joined and became official members and started voting in our local group, we could take it over pretty easily unless each of the others recruited others to thwart us.

A guy from S. Florida contacted me a couple of weeks ago and said that's exactly what they are doing down south.

As to a revolt? If you are talking serious stuff.... well that's exactly what they want you to do. It will give them the reason they need to institute full scale martial law and they have a lot more and a lot bigger guns. You'll all be rounded up and placed in camps or worse.