PDA

View Full Version : Your comments on ABC are being edited out.

Lord Xar
08-05-2007, 11:14 AM
Apparently, some peoples "comments" are mysteriously dissappearing...

foofighter20x
08-05-2007, 11:15 AM
vid capturing it?

B964
08-05-2007, 11:23 AM
I can not even post there. It keeps telling me invaild e-mail, even after they sent me an e-mail.

BillyBeer
08-05-2007, 11:27 AM
Those Ron Paul spammers!

I find this hilarious. They complain about Ron Paul supporters inundating their site with comments, but what does it say about the other candidates if none of their supporters are willing to write any comments?

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-05-2007, 11:53 AM
Oh Jesus Christ! Sorry for swearing but American democracy is a sham. From so-called "debates" to supposedly ethical media (excuse me while I revive myself -- I just choked on my words), we'd be better off with an honest king. Can we revoke the 1776 Revolution? I want back in under King George. (Not OUR king George.)

Hurricane Bruiser
08-05-2007, 11:56 AM
I've made a couple comments. They are not editing out people who write respectfully like we always should. Perhaps the comments were in the wrong area and they were moved?

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/comments?type=story&id=3394394

yongrel
08-05-2007, 12:00 PM
I made several polite, respectful and calm comments. I requested that all candidates be given similar amounts of time, and commented how it was silly that the only Doctor on stage wasn't asked about health care.

And they were all deleted. Grr.

Wyurm
08-05-2007, 12:04 PM
Keep checking back, as someone mentioned earlier, it may have something to do with how they host their site. The same type of thing was happening with votes, but in a somewhat wierd way, where only a few would seem to be missing, yet others saw a higher amount. Appearantly this has something to do with using multiple servers or something (out of my area of expertise).

ladyjade3
08-05-2007, 12:10 PM
There are plenty of Ron Paul comments, but I commented just to be sure.

Tuck
08-05-2007, 01:55 PM
ABC always deletes hostile comments, calling the other candidates names or georgy boy an idiot will not get anyone anywhere. Keep it positive.

Dary
08-05-2007, 01:56 PM
I posted my comment at 3:31, saw it on the page, reloaded, and it was gone.

Reposted and I can see it now at 3:47.

Here is what I was trying to post:
---

The only doctor on the stage, President Ron Paul, doesn’t get to address the health care question.

The best versed candidate on economics, President Ron Paul, doesn’t get to address the fair tax question.

It’s obvious to me as to what they are trying to do.

One of the candidates touts himself as a conservative yet says that the solution to the health care problem can be found in the type of socialized health care that he implemented in his home state of Massachusetts. That was a very honest answer; not at all conservative but honest.

The same candidate linked Iraq to 911 by trying to rudely interrupt President Paul when he was giving an answer. But President Paul swatted the tinsy fly down.

President Ron Paul.

There is a blurb about:

Comments that include profanity, personal attacks, or antisocial behavior such as "spamming," "trolling," or any other inappropriate material will be removed from the site. We will take steps to block users who violate any of our terms of use. You are fully responsible for the content you post.

Maybe the tinsy fiy thing is a personal attack?

Maybe someone is flagging our posts as violations.

Lois
08-05-2007, 02:24 PM
There are actually two Comments sections, I think --

GOP Candidates Face Off in Iowa
Iowa Caucus-Goers Turn Hawk Eyes on the Republican Hopefuls

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/comments?type=story&id=3447943

(and)

The Iowa Debates -- Tune In and Talk Back
ABC News Hosts Republican and Democratic Debates Aug. 5 and Aug. 19

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/comments?type=story&id=3394394

Dary
08-05-2007, 02:38 PM