PDA

View Full Version : Nice Guys Finish Last! Watch This!

max
08-05-2007, 11:06 AM
This is the kind of tough talk we need from Ron Paul! 4 MINUTE VIDEO...

He needs to study this guy. My God! Who is coaching RP? He's coming off as weak and vague.

Watch this video clip...this is the type of attitude that will win people's emotions....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrdFFCnYtbk

Lord Xar
08-05-2007, 11:11 AM
There should be a concerted effort for us to inform those close to ron paul he needs to get his Debate Speach up to snuff.....

Very Simple "Ron, speak about liberty and freedom and america as if your gandchildrens lives depend on it...."

I think he has been doing it sooo long that its like dinner conversation to him....

james1906
08-05-2007, 11:13 AM
yeah, i really wished Ron would have called out 'the hair' for interjecting 9/11.

UCFGavin
08-05-2007, 11:15 AM
This is the kind of tough talk we need from Ron Paul! 4 MINUTE VIDEO...

He needs to study this guy. My God! Who is coaching RP? He's coming off as weak and vague.

Watch this video clip...this is the type of attitude that will win people's emotions....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrdFFCnYtbk

that guy is a fucking badass

graystar
08-05-2007, 11:15 AM
yeah, i really wished Ron would have called out 'the hair' for interjecting 9/11.
Needed to say something along the lines of "For me, history class starts way before 9/11"

james1906
08-05-2007, 11:16 AM
that, or something along the lines of "The wool is off the people's eyes, they know 9/11 had nothing to do with Iraq"

max
08-05-2007, 11:18 AM
His name is George Galloway...a British politician...

He eats the neo-cons alive with truth and PASSION...

i love RP, but unless he starts talking like this guy....i cant see him getting boobus america fired up

BillyBeer
08-05-2007, 11:18 AM
Hes a fire breathing Scot, Ron is a soft spoken Pennsylvanian.

BillyBeer
08-05-2007, 11:22 AM
His name is George Galloway...a British politician...

He eats the neo-cons alive with truth and PASSION...

i love RP, but unless he starts talking like this guy....i cant see him getting boobus america fired up

I disagree. One thing Americans do not respond to from a Presidential candidate is wild eyed rhetoric and anger. That might have worked during the Whistle stop tours and Free Silver days of William Jennings Bryan, but with 24/7 media coverage a Presidential candidate has to be level headed and not vitriolic. Think Reagan and the Happy Warrior. If Paul started to act like George Galloway or Mike Gravel, he would be dismissed as another loon. Galloway and Gravel are considered moon bats. Ron Paul, because he is calm, thoughtful, and speaks almost as if he giving a dissertation or medical diagnosis, gains more respect than the fire breathers and Carnie barkers like Tancredo, Kucinich, Galloway, and Gravel.

mport1
08-05-2007, 11:23 AM
Wow! That guy is awesome.

MozoVote
08-05-2007, 11:23 AM
One thing Americans do not respond to from a Presidential candidate is wild eyed rhetoric and anger. That might have worked during the Whistle stop tours and Free Silver days of William Jennings Bryan, but with 24/7 media coverage a Presidential candidate has to be level headed and not vitriolic. Think Reagan and the Happy Warrior.

Absolutely. People don't like the idea of electing a hot head with his finger on the nuclear button.

Kuldebar
08-05-2007, 11:24 AM
Ron Paul wasn't exactly a pushover in the debate today:

VIDEO: Ron Paul: ‘We achieved much more in peace than…unconstitutional, undeclared wars (http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=3958)

Notice how Mitt makes an ass of himself...

Badger Paul
08-05-2007, 11:24 AM
Let's remember too that Ron Paul has to be himself first and foremost. Yes there are things he can correct in his debating style but any debate coach will tell you the first rule is to be yourself. Acting out character or what people percieve you to be doesn't work and can backfire greatly.

BillyBeer
08-05-2007, 11:25 AM
Let's remember too that Ron Paul has to be himself first and foremost. Yes there are things he can correct in his debating style but any debate coach will tell you the first rule is to be yourself. Acting out character or what people percieve you to be doesn't work and can backfire greatly.

See Al Gore

BLS
I disagree. One thing Americans do not respond to from a Presidential candidate is wild eyed rhetoric and anger. That might have worked during the Whistle stop tours and Free Silver days of William Jennings Bryan, but with 24/7 media coverage a Presidential candidate has to be level headed and not vitriolic. Think Reagan and the Happy Warrior. If Paul started to act like George Galloway or Mike Gravel, he would be dismissed as another loon. Galloway and Gravel are considered moon bats. Ron Paul, because he is calm, thoughtful, and speaks almost as if he giving a dissertation or medical diagnosis, gains more respect than the fire breathers and Carnie barkers like Tancredo, Kucinich, Galloway, and Gravel.

I agree to an extent, but there are times he needs to be more assertive.
Honestly, I've watched just about every video of RP I can find, and the one thing I notice about him is when he really wants to get a point across by being firm, he almost looks nervous. To me, it comes off less than compelling and almost contrived.

He needs to be convinced that WE believe that he is our choice to SAVE OUR COUNTRY and that he is responsible for our future. That sort of responsibility might help him become more assertive and understand that he has believers and backers across the nation.

freelance
Forceful, measured and succinct is the goal.

I love the comment above about history going back before 9/11. That sums up a major problem with the other candidates. It's like nothing preceded 9/11--like it just came out of the blue.

He needs to be able to change the focus on a dime. I have to give one thing to Rudy today. He was able to call out Steph on premises. It doesn't even matter if he was right or wrong about any given premise being flawed. He was able to change the conversation just by claiming false premise.

He can grab his share of time without looking like a boor. He doesn't have to make a big deal out of it. He can just start talking like it was his turn to talk--which it is if they don't give him a turn. He just has to do it.

P.S. He can do all of these things without sacrificing his own style.

mport1
08-05-2007, 11:26 AM
Who is the guy talking to in the video?

MozoVote
08-05-2007, 11:28 AM
http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Ron_Paul_Blasts_Unconstitutional_Undeclared_Wars_a t_GOP_Debate

Paulitician
08-05-2007, 11:28 AM
If only he were 20 years younger. He seemed to me much quicker and more forceful when he was a Libertarian candidate in '88. If he had that sort of energy in the debate today he would have whopped ass.

BillyBeer
08-05-2007, 11:29 AM
Who is the guy talking to in the video?

The Senator? I believe it is Norm Coleman from Minnesota.

max
08-05-2007, 11:50 AM
He is talking to Senators Norm Coleman (R) and Carl Levin (D). The two neo-cons chairmen of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee. These were hearings on the "oil-for-food" scandal.

The whole DC press corp was there as well.. Galloway dressed these clowns down big time. On the full video you could see how the Senators looked like spanked asses. they didnt know how to handle this guy.

Want to see another video of him spanking a British TV reporter? Get ready to laugh at what he does to this snooty bitch!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5ow1rjJ6kM

LibertyEagle
08-05-2007, 12:39 PM
Forceful, measured and succinct is the goal.

I love the comment above about history going back before 9/11. That sums up a major problem with the other candidates. It's like nothing preceded 9/11--like it just came out of the blue.

He needs to be able to change the focus on a dime. I have to give one thing to Rudy today. He was able to call out Steph on premises. It doesn't even matter if he was right or wrong about any given premise being flawed. He was able to change the conversation just by claiming false premise.

He can grab his share of time without looking like a boor. He doesn't have to make a big deal out of it. He can just start talking like it was his turn to talk--which it is if they don't give him a turn. He just has to do it.

P.S. He can do all of these things without sacrificing his own style.

Man, do I ever agree. If he could remind himself that he is fighting for his grandchildren's future, before he went on stage, maybe it would give him what he needs to PREACH THE MESSAGE!

brumans
08-05-2007, 12:55 PM
I thought he did a great job at the debate, especially in the first few questions regarding Iraq. You guys are being too hard on him.

torchbearer
08-05-2007, 12:57 PM
Digg story about debate becoming popular, needs your vote to stay on front page!
http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Ron_Paul_Blasts_Unconstitutional_Undeclared_Wars_a t_GOP_Debate

LibertyEagle
08-05-2007, 01:08 PM
I thought he did a great job at the debate, especially in the first few questions regarding Iraq. You guys are being too hard on him.

He did just fine for the time the Aholes allowed him to speak. I, myself, am just frustrated. It just seems to me, given what they're doing, he has to figure out a way to assert himself.

Man from La Mancha
08-05-2007, 01:40 PM

'Blessed are the meek for they will inherit the earth.' Matthew 5:5

Maybe this is the plan.

axiomata
08-05-2007, 02:03 PM
If Ron Paul started to sound like Galloway I would not vote for him.

david.griffus
08-05-2007, 02:48 PM
That guy is freakin' awesome. RP shouldn't be exactly like him, but I love this guy.

ronpaulitician
08-05-2007, 07:07 PM
The thing to do in a situation like this is
a) ignore the comment, and finish the thought
b) once the thought is finished, address the comment. "And regarding the comment with which you interrupted the few seconds I was allowed to speak; Have I forgotten about 9/11? I certainly have not. [Explain thoughts on 9/11.]"

DJ RP
08-05-2007, 07:14 PM
Galloway speaks passionately and SOMETIMES he is right and I agree with him, other times he talks crap. His skill is not in being a man of integrity or having a clear set of principles like Ron Paul, his real talent is being a great speaker.

That's what most of the candidates seem to have, a polished exterior and they are good at speaking... good at lying... ron paul is not polished which is why he comes across as honest.

Here's a clip of George Galloway acting like a tit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ButQKpZ3uzg