PDA

View Full Version : The boos RP got during the debate

ChristopherJ
08-05-2007, 10:55 AM
I sort of see this as a positive.

Remember in the SC debates when RP and RG had their exchange RG got applause, but no one bothered to boo RP. I assume because people didn't really know who he was and didn't see him as a threat. Fast forward to today and the boos came on his second response. It seemed to me that those people felt they had to counter they huge response RP received after his first comments. This means they percieve him as a threat to their guy.

Seems like we are definitely making some headway. After all people aren't this passionate for any candidate in either party.

agree? disagree?

foofighter20x
08-05-2007, 10:56 AM
what'd they boo him for? (i didn't get to see it)

synapz
08-05-2007, 10:56 AM
Agree. Also, the lone boo was pretty pathetic; so much so that I was more humored than insulted. :P

Lord Xar
08-05-2007, 10:57 AM
He was probably some paid 'volunteer' for Romney or Ghouliani...

UCFGavin
08-05-2007, 10:58 AM
was it one person?

SeanEdwards
He got booed on the first question when he said "Just come home". There were apparently a few chicken-hawks in the audience.

foofighter20x
He was probably some paid 'volunteer' for Romney or Ghouliani...

- volunteer
+ shill

james1906
08-05-2007, 10:59 AM
The boos just mean he's a threat. If he were a 'fringe' candidate, they'd just laugh. Then again, I was laughing at the 'top-tier' candidates.

Kuldebar
08-05-2007, 10:59 AM
I think Sean Hannity was in the 3rd row from the front booing.

ChristopherJ
08-05-2007, 11:00 AM
what'd they boo him for? (i didn't get to see it)

They booed when he was talking about our foreign policy. The important part was it was his second time talking about it. He got huge applause for the 1st one. The 2nd time he got a smattering of boos, but they got drowned out by the applause.

Shatterhand
08-05-2007, 11:08 AM
I sort of see this as a positive.

Remember in the SC debates when RP and RG had their exchange RG got applause, but no one bothered to boo RP. I assume because people didn't really know who he was and didn't see him as a threat. Fast forward to today and the boos came on his second response. It seemed to me that those people felt they had to counter they huge response RP received after his first comments. This means they percieve him as a threat to their guy.

Seems like we are definitely making some headway. After all people aren't this passionate for any candidate in either party.

agree? disagree?

Great point. I feared the boos were a bad thing when I first heard them. But now I agree with you. I wonder how many Iowan Republicans are against the Iraq War?

Ron Paul Fan
08-05-2007, 11:11 AM
Great point. I feared the boos were a bad thing when I first heard them. But now I agree with you. I wonder how many Iowan Republicans are against the Iraq War?

About 55% according to a poll a couple months ago. Hopefully Dr. Paul persuaded them to support him in the straw poll even though he didn't get to say his positions on other issues. Independents leaning Republican would probably support Dr. Paul's anti-war stance as well.

ChicagoLawyer
08-05-2007, 11:15 AM
The WP poll out this morning, however, has only 13% of Iowa Republicans against the war. Hopefully they are an active 13%. Among independents, of course, the number would be much much higher.

guntherg16
08-05-2007, 11:16 AM
I thought it was great that Romney felt he needed to try to attack Ron Paul with the 9/11 stuff. It seemed like he was trying to beat Guiliani to it.

Shatterhand
08-05-2007, 11:18 AM
About 55% according to a poll a couple months ago. Hopefully Dr. Paul persuaded them to support him in the straw poll even though he didn't get to say his positions on other issues. Independents leaning Republican would probably support Dr. Paul's anti-war stance as well.

We need to get these Iowans to the Straw Poll! On another thread it was mentioned that the pro war vote might be broken up among the other candidates. I'm just afraid of Mitt and his busloads of people coming in . . .

Dustancostine
08-05-2007, 11:21 AM
I thought it was great that Romney felt he needed to try to attack Ron Paul with the 9/11 stuff. It seemed like he was trying to beat Guiliani to it.

I think Guliani learned his lesson.

foraneagle2
08-05-2007, 11:30 AM
Debate footage, pt 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKNaFGDuuUg

BillyBeer
08-05-2007, 11:35 AM
The WP poll out this morning, however, has only 13% of Iowa Republicans against the war. Hopefully they are an active 13%. Among independents, of course, the number would be much much higher.

13%? I have seen a few polls with Anti War Republicans in the majority.

Shatterhand
08-05-2007, 11:38 AM
13%? I have seen a few polls with Anti War Republicans in the majority.

You mean in Iowa?

paulitics
08-05-2007, 06:32 PM
Giuliani was humbled in this debate. lol. Blowback from the last.

ronpaulitician
08-05-2007, 06:37 PM
agree? disagree?
Agree.