PDA

View Full Version : Spy Satellite Falling From the Sky

DDMX
01-30-2008, 07:25 PM
If it lands in my yard, do I get to keep it:rolleyes:?

asgardshill
01-30-2008, 07:37 PM
I asked the sheriff here that same question when I found a foot-long piece of one of the thermal tiles from Columbia in my pasture. The answer I got was not only no but hell no - don't even THINK about touching it - and he sent a deputy out to pick it up.

heath.whiteaker
01-30-2008, 09:02 PM
I asked the sheriff here that same question when I found a foot-long piece of one of the thermal tiles from Columbia in my pasture. The answer I got was not only no but hell no - don't even THINK about touching it - and he sent a deputy out to pick it up.

hmm I would think it's on your property so why not.

asgardshill
01-30-2008, 09:21 PM
hmm I would think it's on your property so why not.

The "legal fiction" that the sheriff told me was that it (the piece of tile) was still considered US government property even if it fell on my land. He also said that NASA told him that there might still be traces of hydrazine, hypergolic propellants and other nasties on any debris, which could be dangerous if touched.

heath.whiteaker
01-30-2008, 10:22 PM
at which point I would sue the government for contamination of your property.

V4Vendetta
01-30-2008, 10:53 PM

1st I wouldn't have told anyone, and sold it on ebay in 10 years.

2nd I would have told the sheriff to SUCK IT, You want it, come get the bullets first.