PDA

View Full Version : Debate report

John of Des Moines
08-05-2007, 10:24 AM
Had 100 RP supporters in the supporters area across University Ave from the Old Main. Mitt 15, Rudy 10. (Some save the earth, and some for the child fund. Chanted "Ron Paul" "Say yes to Dr. No" "We're more then the internet" "We're not paid supporters" among others. Had sports air horn for added effect. When Mitt's people started their chant air horned them good. Rudy's people knew better. Thunderstorm blow thru and knocked over a long line of bike rack turn security fence that we weaved big RP signs thru. That crushed a lot of Mitt's and Rudy's signs. Too bad. About half of RP supporters headed over to the Drake Diner about 1 1/2 blocks away to watch the debate. Fox TV had a Sean Hannity producer there with a Republican focus group (had use these people before). Knew before hand of this. Had tasked a family with 7 kids (under 10 and cute as the dickens) to distribute tri-folds with slim jim and "collector cards" with Mitt, McCain, F. Thompson, and Rudy's positions on various positions. They said they place one pack on each table then the focus members came up and asked for more. Said that our chanting echoed thru the diner (Fox was in the atrium). I watched from 10 feet way the first half of the instant polling - Paul was up high, other mostly below the 50%. One Paul response was so high from the focus group it crashed Fox's computer. During a commerical break Fox asked who won that part of the debate 30 hands of 40 raised for Paul. 3 for Mitt, 1 for McCain. None for the others. (Fox said not to let RP supporters influence hand raising - none went down. When asked after the debate who won the second part:10 for Mitt, and couple of others for the other candidates, none for Paul can't figure that. Had people distribute AFTF dvds and bumper stickers to focus group as they left. When well. Must shower then head over to Tower Park for Noon rally then to Fairfield Iowa for tonight's street party with Paul. Wish you were all here.

Take care,
John

walt
08-05-2007, 10:27 AM
Now *this* is reporting on the debate. Good job!

maggiebott
08-05-2007, 10:27 AM
Thanks for that report...we would all love to be there.

synapz
08-05-2007, 10:35 AM
bump

Spirit of '76
08-05-2007, 10:37 AM
Thanks for the report, John.

Keep this up, and we'll take that straw poll for sure!

Chelle
08-05-2007, 10:39 AM
Thanks John, I'ts *almost* like being there!

freelance
08-05-2007, 10:39 AM
Wow, now that's NEWS!

UCFGavin
08-05-2007, 10:41 AM
did RP even get to speak in the second half?

Dustancostine
08-05-2007, 10:43 AM
Thunderstorm blow thru and knocked over a long line of bike rack turn security fence that we weaved big RP signs thru. That crushed a lot of Mitt's and Rudy's signs. Too bad.

I watched from 10 feet way the first half of the instant polling - Paul was up high, other mostly below the 50%. One Paul response was so high from the focus group it crashed Fox's computer. During a commerical break Fox asked who won that part of the debate 30 hands of 40 raised for Paul. 3 for Mitt, 1 for McCain. None for the others. (Fox said not to let RP supporters influence hand raising - none went down.

My Favorite Parts :) :D :)

spacebetween
08-05-2007, 10:45 AM
did RP even get to speak in the second half?

Hardly :mad:

Badger Paul
08-05-2007, 11:15 AM
Thanks John for all you do. Just let everyone in Iowa know reinforcements are on the way this weekend from around the country.

PaleoConservative
08-05-2007, 11:20 AM
Hopefully the Straw Poll goes really well. We need to get some of these lesser candidates out asap so Ron can get more coverage (i.e. questions asked) during the debate.

For the love of God, why do people keep treating Brownback like a serious candidate?

guntherg16
08-05-2007, 11:28 AM
Thanks John.

CurtisLow
08-05-2007, 11:38 AM
Nice report

http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/1900/johnax0.jpg
You the Man!

Texan4Life
08-05-2007, 11:41 AM
Thanks!

Keith
08-05-2007, 01:18 PM
Thanks John! I think we all wish we could have been there with you.

david.griffus
08-05-2007, 01:21 PM
Awesome. Why the FTF dvd's though? Why not DVDs with clips of Ron Paul's answers in the debates and rally speeches and such. No matter what you think, most people think that the FTF is a little weird.

jj111
08-05-2007, 01:23 PM
Ron Paul DVDs are what should be given out, NOT FTF!!!

ThePieSwindler
08-05-2007, 01:24 PM
Awesome. Why the FTF dvd's though? Why not DVDs with clips of Ron Paul's answers in the debates and rally speeches and such. No matter what you think, most people think that the FTF is a little weird.

And it doesn't really help get Ron Paul votes in the straw poll.

Adam Smith
08-05-2007, 01:56 PM
This truly is great reporting. Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

ghemminger
08-05-2007, 01:58 PM
Word up!:D

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-05-2007, 02:05 PM

Agreed. Ron Paul does not advocate that anyone not pay their income tax. Doesn't matter if it's legal or not. The government has bigger guns than we do and the IRS is of the opinion that they can use theirs. (I have a sister who is an IRS special agent. They train for 6 months with battering rams, guns, and other military tactics. And not just for kicks and giggles.)

There are a couple really great Ron Paul DVDs out there. Otherwise, stick with the literature.

All that aside, I am SO GLAD to hear you guys are out spreading the good word of Ron Paul. Wish I could join you, but won't get there until late Friday.

LibertyEagle
08-05-2007, 02:09 PM

ABSOLUTELY agree! Why not hand out some of gigaplex's remaining DVD's instead?

Shatterhand
08-05-2007, 02:17 PM
ABSOLUTELY agree! Why not hand out some of gigaplex's remaining DVD's instead?

How many are left?

Joe Knows
08-05-2007, 02:20 PM
Had 100 RP supporters in the supporters area across University Ave from the Old Main. Mitt 15, Rudy 10. (Some save the earth, and some for the child fund. Chanted "Ron Paul" "Say yes to Dr. No" "We're more then the internet" "We're not paid supporters" among others. Had sports air horn for added effect. When Mitt's people started their chant air horned them good. Rudy's people knew better. Thunderstorm blow thru and knocked over a long line of bike rack turn security fence that we weaved big RP signs thru. That crushed a lot of Mitt's and Rudy's signs. Too bad. About half of RP supporters headed over to the Drake Diner about 1 1/2 blocks away to watch the debate. Fox TV had a Sean Hannity producer there with a Republican focus group (had use these people before). Knew before hand of this. Had tasked a family with 7 kids (under 10 and cute as the dickens) to distribute tri-folds with slim jim and "collector cards" with Mitt, McCain, F. Thompson, and Rudy's positions on various positions. They said they place one pack on each table then the focus members came up and asked for more. Said that our chanting echoed thru the diner (Fox was in the atrium). I watched from 10 feet way the first half of the instant polling - Paul was up high, other mostly below the 50%. One Paul response was so high from the focus group it crashed Fox's computer. During a commerical break Fox asked who won that part of the debate 30 hands of 40 raised for Paul. 3 for Mitt, 1 for McCain. None for the others. (Fox said not to let RP supporters influence hand raising - none went down. When asked after the debate who won the second part:10 for Mitt, and couple of others for the other candidates, none for Paul can't figure that. Had people distribute AFTF dvds and bumper stickers to focus group as they left. When well. Must shower then head over to Tower Park for Noon rally then to Fairfield Iowa for tonight's street party with Paul. Wish you were all here.

Take care,
John

Just guessing, but in the second half of the debate I would not have thought Ron won. The reason is because he was not asked all the questions. He was skipped over.

Joe Knows
08-05-2007, 02:21 PM
For the love of God, why do people keep treating Brownback like a serious candidate?

Dominoes Pizza supports him and you know those news types like pizza.:)

LibertyEagle
08-05-2007, 02:42 PM
How many are left?

A couple of days ago, they said they had 2000 left.