PDA

View Full Version : We've Won The GOP!

Patriot123
01-30-2008, 06:48 PM
Well, obviously I can't see the future, but I was just on the RP website, and, well... According to an article over there, little known secret: the amount of supporters doesn't matter, but rather the amount of delegates. And supposedly, we're going to have a hell of a lot of delegates in Florida. And supposedly, we're going to have a hell lot of more delegates coming in on Super Tuesday. More than the rest by far. So, well... I've been waiting to say this for a while, but, well... We've actually won this thing :D Yes, won. There is no way the others can win when we're going to have the most delegates. So we've basically won the GOP :D

Now I think we can all actually say, with faith, "Ron Paul can win." :D

Naraku
01-30-2008, 11:28 PM
Florida? What? They're winner-take-all pledged.

Patriot123
01-31-2008, 03:14 PM
They're delegates aren't chosen for another week or two. So technically in our case, in terms of the 'back door' way of winning, or the wild card, we still can win Florida, technically. Not via the votes by the people, but by the delegates.

Redcard
01-31-2008, 03:16 PM
They're delegates aren't chosen for another week or two. So technically in our case, in terms of the 'back door' way of winning, or the wild card, we still can win Florida, technically. Not via the votes by the people, but by the delegates.

So what you're saying is that it is okay to now win the popular vote.. it's okay to not be chosen by the people.. but instead, it's okay to be picked by a cadre of people off in shadows, secretly making deals and controlling the outcome of the election?

Patriot123
01-31-2008, 03:27 PM
Heck no, not at all. This isn't right at all. HOWEVER. it falls into our best interest at the current moment :p After we get Ron Paul elected, we can change the whole delegate thing, but for now let's embrace it and realize that this is the back door we've been looking for into the White House, and Ron Paul as publically said on the RP website that this is the plan.

In other words, we'll use the elitists 'set up' against them :D

Eponym_mi
01-31-2008, 03:32 PM
So what you're saying is that it is okay to now win the popular vote.. it's okay to not be chosen by the people.. but instead, it's okay to be picked by a cadre of people off in shadows, secretly making deals and controlling the outcome of the election?

How is this any different from previous elections? Or MSM deciding who to cover? They made the rules...and we're just playing the game.

Redcard
01-31-2008, 03:37 PM
How is this any different from previous elections? Or MSM deciding who to cover? They made the rules...and we're just playing the game.

Okay. Just don't be surprised at the blowback.

Quick
01-31-2008, 03:47 PM

It's how the system is designed, I don't see the problem. Ron Paul didn't design the system this way, it's how it is. You play the hand you're dealt.

JenHarris
01-31-2008, 03:51 PM
Well, obviously I can't see the future, but I was just on the RP website, and, well... According to an article over there, little known secret: the amount of supporters doesn't matter, but rather the amount of delegates. And supposedly, we're going to have a hell of a lot of delegates in Florida. And supposedly, we're going to have a hell lot of more delegates coming in on Super Tuesday. More than the rest by far. So, well... I've been waiting to say this for a while, but, well... We've actually won this thing :D Yes, won. There is no way the others can win when we're going to have the most delegates. So we've basically won the GOP :D

Now I think we can all actually say, with faith, "Ron Paul can win." :D

We haven't won anything yet so please stop counting chickens before they hatch. I think we've got a good shot but your jumping ahead of things by declaring a win already.

Eponym_mi
01-31-2008, 03:52 PM
Okay. Just don't be surprised at the blowback.

Well, yeah. But that would be a good thing. People would finally see how corrupt this process really is and maybe get off their asses and do something about it.

jacmicwag
01-31-2008, 03:53 PM
I think Florida delegates will probably be bound to vote for McCain on the first ballot at the national convention. That's my understanding of how it usually works.

DeadtoSin
01-31-2008, 03:54 PM
Yeah..if he wins the majority of the delegates..

brandon
01-31-2008, 03:55 PM

Yes, that is why we are a republic and not a direct democacy.

brandon
01-31-2008, 03:56 PM
I think Florida delegates will probably be bound to vote for McCain on the first ballot at the national convention. That's my understanding of how it usually works.

I think they are actually bound for the first 3 rounds. Getting delegates in Floida will not do us any good if we cant win many other states.