PDA

View Full Version : Is is too late for me to help?

sb10
01-30-2008, 06:39 PM
I have been busy since October starting up a part-time business and regrettably have not done as much as I would have liked for Ron Paul, other than driving around town with a RP bumper sticker for many months.

Now the California primary is very close (Feb 5). Going door-to-door and chatting with people is not really my thing, but to start my business I did leaflet my local neighborhoods in the middle of the night (got up several nights to do it!). If I thought it would do any good, I could do it for Ron Paul.

But with Feb 5 so close, what I can cover is very limited. Do you think there would be any value in leafletting local homes even after the primaries?

Thanks for any responses!

I would never forgive myself if RP lost and I hadn't done something to help him.

hillertexas
01-30-2008, 06:44 PM
bump

sb10
01-30-2008, 10:51 PM
It looks like California GOP is winner take all in the primary. I don't think any leafletting post-primary will do any good. Can anybody clarify this ????

josh24601
01-31-2008, 12:19 AM
California gives 3 delegates for each of its 53 districts. So... for each district RP wins, he gets 3 delegates :) And, that is only of Republican voters - the deadline to declare as such having already passed.

That means there is TONS of opportunity for RP to pick up delegates in California.

What can you do specifically?

For starters, go to https://voters.ronpaul2008.com/grassroots/ as soon as you finish reading this, and sign up.

You'll be given a TON of resources immediately at your fingertips.

You will have two choices. Considering it is pretty late on, ordering slim jims (informational brochures) from the website will take too long to get to where you live by the 5th. The brochures ARE available for download, if you are up to having them printed yourself. If you go this route, you will have a map of where registered republicans are in your precinct, and you can knock on their door sometime this weekend (I suggest Saturday, not during the Super Bowl ahaha) and chat people up, give them info, etc.

If you arent' up for printing your own brochures, you can use the call list provided to call people up and as politely and intelligently as possible, engage them about who they are voting for (at this point, you gotta go for just the Republicans as the deadline to switch has passed) and make a case for Dr. Paul.

There are also training videos available that give you an idea of what to do if you feel lost at all.

There's a ton of stuff there, sign up as a precinct leader ASAP! Good for you for taking charge! You have 5 days! Get to it!

CTAC
01-31-2008, 12:57 PM
You can find a meetup group around. We can certainly use some help canvassing.
http://ronpaul.meetup.com/cities/us/ca/

intelliot
01-31-2008, 10:22 PM
Thanks for the info. Is there a meetup group in Los Angeles near USC?

RonPaulFTW08
02-03-2008, 12:55 AM
I have been busy since October starting up a part-time business and regrettably have not done as much as I would have liked for Ron Paul, other than driving around town with a RP bumper sticker for many months.

Now the California primary is very close (Feb 5). Going door-to-door and chatting with people is not really my thing, but to start my business I did leaflet my local neighborhoods in the middle of the night (got up several nights to do it!). If I thought it would do any good, I could do it for Ron Paul.

But with Feb 5 so close, what I can cover is very limited. Do you think there would be any value in leafletting local homes even after the primaries?

Thanks for any responses!

I would never forgive myself if RP lost and I hadn't done something to help him.

DO IT NOW.. AS IN ALLLL OF SUNDAY AND ALLLL OF MONDAY! You don't need to knock on any doors - it's a waste of time. This is a numbers game. Drop off as many leaflets as you can.

RonPaulFTW08
02-04-2008, 01:12 AM
Thanks for the info. Is there a meetup group in Los Angeles near USC?

Umm.... meetup.com? It's kinda late now, so why don't you just start dropping off at many fliers/slim jims/leaflets - whatever you gots... to as many homes as you can.

Unless you want to go ahead and sign up as a precinct leader or search for your meetup group (there's LA and Santa Monica and HOllywood)...

But like I said it's kinda late for that kind of stuff. It is time for ACTION!

dblee
02-04-2008, 06:59 AM
Step 1. Sign up as a precinct leader

Step 2. Download Walk list (republicans only)

Step 3. Go to those houses specifically and either talk to them or at least drop off literature.

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS!!! We have a closed primary, only registered republicans can vote.

noztnac
02-04-2008, 08:30 AM
DO IT NOW.. AS IN ALLLL OF SUNDAY AND ALLLL OF MONDAY! You don't need to knock on any doors - it's a waste of time. This is a numbers game. Drop off as many leaflets as you can.

Put leaflets in the newspapers at the newspaper machine in the morning.

Flyer the bank machines.

noztnac
02-04-2008, 08:33 AM
Was that a "Romney is a dishonest liberal!" sign I saw at the ATM?

No. I didn't see anything!!!!

Was that a "McCain is an open border liberal!" sign I saw at the soda machine?

Again, Nothing!!!

We are missing opportunities and it will show on Tuesday!

There's still time to fix it but it is not getting done.

High traffic areas need to be flyered repeatedly throughout the day.

GO RON PAUL!