PDA

View Full Version : Positives from ABC Debate

V-rod
08-05-2007, 09:40 AM
As much as I thought the entire thing was a complete farce, I have to admit, hearing that section of the crowd cheer for Ron Paul gave me an injection of additional hope.

In the beginning, Doctor Paul made his stance on the Iraq war very clear and toward the end his statement about the need of the Executive branch to become more transparent to the people, and especially to the elected members of Congress.

Slugg
08-05-2007, 09:44 AM
As much as I thought the entire thing was a complete farce, I have to admit, hearing that section of the crowd cheer for Ron Paul gave me an injection of additional hope.

In the beginning, Doctor Paul made his stance on the Iraq war very clear and toward the end his statement about the need of the Executive branch to become more transparent to the people, and especially to the elected members of Congress.

The face is that he was strong and good at the start of the debate. At the end they only threw the chump questions his way. They skipped him on health care AND taxes??!!!??!
That's bunk...but someone in another thread made a good point that the fact that the front-runners looked like morons will probably cause them to lose some support...hopefully we'll catch some of that.

trispear
08-05-2007, 09:45 AM
Ron Paul has to grab his time. Not only to get exposure of his ideas, but to assure people that he will be aggressive if need be (a good trait for president, or at least people think so). That is why Ghouliani has a good ranking even though what he says absolutely sucks. Some people see a leader in an ape that gets to the top of the heap and beats his chest and makes grunting noises.

james1906
08-05-2007, 10:01 AM
Ron Paul has to grab his time. Not only to get exposure of his ideas, but to assure people that he will be aggressive if need be (a good trait for president, or at least people think so). That is why Ghouliani has a good ranking even though what he says absolutely sucks. Some people see a leader in an ape that gets to the top of the heap and beats his chest and makes grunting noises.

Yeah, I wish he mentioned something during the health care discussion. "Excuse me Snuffles, as the only Doctor on the stage, would you mind if I chime in?"

Kuldebar
08-05-2007, 10:03 AM
It's like selecting your brain surgeon based on how fast they can operate in 30 seconds.

michaelwise
08-05-2007, 10:09 AM
Not enough face time on national TV. I think this calls for something stupid to be done on somebodies part. If I were a mountain climber, I would repel down the existing bridge in Minneapolis, where all the TV cameras are, with a huge RP banner, and stay there as long as I could. Being arrested would be worth it.

Omnis
08-05-2007, 10:11 AM
I like how Georgie called Ghouliani out on his lie. I also like how one of them (was it Tancredo?) called them out on their ignorance of the FairTax. Like Slugg said, I can't believe they skipped Ron on healthcare and taxes.

It was refreshing to hear the crowd supporting Ron when he spoke. Thank god they drowned out the ignorant boos. I would say it was an excellent showing for Huckabee, and Ron Paul did well considering what he had to work with. I just wish, like he acknowledged, that Ron was a little more aggressive with spreading the message of liberty on the domestic front. He did fantastically regarding foreign policy.

stevedasbach
08-05-2007, 10:18 AM
Perhaps the most important positive was that Ron Paul is mentioned in the lead of the AP article. That means he will tend to be mentioned by every news source in the country that relies on AP for their news. Most of the time, they cut for time by cutting from the end of the article. They rarely take the time to edit the lead.

Kuldebar
08-05-2007, 10:21 AM
VIDEO: Ron Paul: ‘We achieved much more in peace than…unconstitutional, undeclared wars (http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=3958)

Notice how Mitt seems to need a history lesson or maybe he is practicing for that Family Guy spot about 9/11 being the answer to everything.

Churchill2004
08-05-2007, 10:21 AM
I agree that Paul needs to be more aggressive, and he knows it. He's steadily become more energetic and aggressive during the campaign, and he even said as much during the debates. The camera caught him several times politely trying to signal the moderators that he had something to say, only to be shouted down.

His answers on Iraq were the best you could hope for- but he flopped miserably on the "What would you restore to the Oval Office?" question. He should have simply said "The Constitution." or something like that. Openness in government is certainly important- but there were so many more important things he could have said.

freelance
08-05-2007, 10:26 AM
but he flopped miserably on the "What would you restore to the Oval Office?"

Yeah, he could have just said, "TRUTH!"

Kuldebar
08-05-2007, 10:28 AM
Yeah, he could have just said, "TRUTH!"

Now now, that word could cause trouble!

:p :eek:

Roxi
08-05-2007, 10:36 AM
i think a big positive is that rudy and romney both were outed as liars

and mccain looked like a bumbling idiot... how many of his answers were "i served in the military"

surf
08-05-2007, 11:15 AM
McCain: "more than 50 years...." living off you and i. Like that's a good thing. The Keating 5 - he regrets being caught.

Ron Paul Fan
08-05-2007, 11:19 AM
i think a big positive is that rudy and romney both were outed as liars

and mccain looked like a bumbling idiot... how many of his answers were "i served in the military"

Yep, the biggest positive was that others hurt themselves especially McCain and Tancredo. The biggest positive for Dr. Paul was the Iraq war stance. "Just come home" got the biggest applause. He was ignored and tailed off in the 2nd half, but aggressive on the Iraq war and that will help him a lot.

Badger Paul
08-05-2007, 11:27 AM
I didn't get to see the second half and don't be suprised if many others did either. My ABC affilitae only gave the program its one-hour time slot and that was it.

Matt Collins
08-05-2007, 01:32 PM
Yeah, I wish he mentioned something during the health care discussion. "Excuse me Snuffles, as the only Doctor on the stage, would you mind if I chime in?"I think Romney was a Doc too, right?

Kregener
08-05-2007, 01:35 PM
Dr. Paul RAN AWAY with this ABC News poll!

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Decision2008/popup?id=3436820

ghemminger
08-05-2007, 01:38 PM
I caught the tail end of this thing...I almost threw up listening to the drivel of the other candidates....

Ron Paul has gotten a little more cautious....he must be gaining repectability:)

LibertyEagle
08-05-2007, 02:16 PM

Sadly, I think what you say is true.

DeadheadForPaul
08-05-2007, 02:45 PM
Sadly, I think what you say is true.

I agree. That is human nature though. People like arrogant, unwavering leaders. They'd rather have someone shouting the wrong things than speaking the right things

beermotor
08-05-2007, 02:55 PM
I think Romney was a Doc too, right?

Absolutely not. Harvard MBA jerkoff, that's it.

Kuldebar
08-05-2007, 05:43 PM
The debate as a whole sucked, but:

I think the quotes from Paul and points he did make in the debate will make a very positive impact.

The particular clip where Romney goes on about 9/11 while Paul is talking about the War in Iraq is a very nice segment to have spread around.

michaelwise
08-05-2007, 06:13 PM
Judging by the pole numbers, it seems that all the interest in the debates are from Ron Paul supporters. I think the networks should be paying us for our viewership.