PDA

View Full Version : Voting for Paul in Texas (Just got abstenee ballot)

tsetsefly
01-30-2008, 04:59 PM
I just got my absentee ballot and will vote and mail it friday probably. edit: I just filled the Ron Paul box, it felt good!

There are a bunch of people running for other things, running unopposed to be the republican nominee. Some do have opponents and not even with google I was able to find info on some candidates which led me to think that we can take back the Republican party, and keep this great network we can elect MANY people to position of power (Judge, court of criminal appeals, state senator, state representative, railroad commisioner etc.)

Because of the lack of info on these people I and I suppose many will not be voting for these candidates, so like I just said if we are able to keep this great network we can realy build a great base for future elections.

BTW, for senator I have the option of a Uber neocon or this guy, who is a bible freak nutjob: Larry Kilgore http://www.larrykilgore.com/Issues.html

He has been described as a Biblical Christian due to his expressed belief in biblical law as the foundation for all law and that it is still applicable for nations today.

Kilgore is an advocate for the secession of Texas from the United States.[1] He believes that Texas needs to become a free Christian nation where all public policy is biblically based. He is also a signatory of the Chattanooga Declaration which was passed at the Second Secessionist Convention on October 4, 2007.

Political issues he has listed on his campaign website include:[3]

* You shall not murder.
* You shall not commit adultery.
* You shall not steal.
* You shall not bear false witness.
* Eliminate Texas budget for prisons.
* Eliminate Texas budget for health & human services.
* Eliminate Texas budget for government indoctrination of children.
* Texas should become independent then stop paying US taxes.
* Texas should secede because the US has sealed its doom.
* Immediate return of Texas National Guard troops from US conscription.

LOl, aside from secession he is crazy, "free christian nation" for christians that is, lol . I wonder if he also wants to put people in jail who have sex before marriage?

Anyway, he will get my vote because I am not voting for the other neocon, and if this guy is elected he will get creamed anyway so...

Oh and my state representative candidate, another neocon :(

lynnf
01-30-2008, 05:06 PM
I just got my absentee ballot and will vote and mail it friday probably. edit: I just filled the Ron Paul box, it felt good!

There are a bunch of people running for other things, running unopposed to be the republican nominee. Some do have opponents and not even with google I was able to find info on some candidates which led me to think that we can take back the Republican party, and keep this great network we can elect MANY people to position of power (Judge, court of criminal appeals, state senator, state representative, railroad commisioner etc.)

Because of the lack of info on these people I and I suppose many will not be voting for these candidates, so like I just said if we are able to keep this great network we can realy build a great base for future elections.

BTW, for senator I have the option of a Uber neocon or this guy, who is a bible freak nutjob: Larry Kilgore

LOl, aside from secession he is crazy, "free christian nation" for christians that is, lol . I wonder if he also wants to put people in jail who have sex before marriage?

Anyway, he will get my vote because I am not voting for the other neocon, and if this guy is elected he will get creamed anyway so...

Oh and my state representative candidate, another neocon :(

so how is your voter card getting stamped "Republican" so that you can get in to the convention on primary night so you can become a delegate and vote others as delegates for Ron Paul? if your answer is they will have a list of names, well, then, you're awful trusting!

lynn

tsetsefly
01-30-2008, 05:11 PM
so how is your voter card getting stamped "Republican" so that you can get in to the convention on primary night so you can become a delegate and vote others as delegates for Ron Paul? if your answer is they will have a list of names, well, then, you're awful trusting!

lynn

I CANT become a delegate, I have to be present the day of the election for me to be voted as a delegate and I live in Sweden so i wont be there. Ill get some of my family members to be delegate though(hopefully).

In Texas, absentee voting for primary requires you to choose republican or democrat, even though the primary is open:rolleyes:

angelawittman
01-31-2008, 11:19 AM
Dear tsetsefly,

Larry Kilgore for US Senate is probably much closer to Ron Paul on the issues than Sen. John Cornyn is. In fact, Larry Kilgore has been receiving invitations to speak at Ron Paul Meet-Up groups in Texas.

Thank you for your vote for Larry Kilgore for US Senate and please contact me with any questions or for more information.

Angela Wittman
Campaign Coordinator
817 522-3951
info@larrykilgore.com

Texas independence!
Biblical standards!
Larry Kilgore for US Senate
www.LarryKilgore.com