PDA

View Full Version : Hidden in plain sight: two checkbooks tricks

Zydeco
01-30-2008, 04:50 PM
Go get your checkbook, and notice these two things you never noticed before:

1) your name is in all capital letters

2) the "line" for your signature is not a line at all. It's the words "authorized signature" printed in extremely small type. You may need a magnifying glass.

The reason for these two tricks? To subject all people who sign such checks to "corporatization" -- you are no longer a person, but a corporation, and subject to different tax laws.

The rabbit hole is deep, eh?

Agent CSL
01-30-2008, 04:59 PM
My name is in lowercase letters but yeah, I see the AUTHORIZEDSIGNATURE part. Wow.

LibertyOfOne
01-30-2008, 05:13 PM
You're nuts there is nothing to see here. I am serious when I say that.

angrydragon
01-30-2008, 05:14 PM
Hahah okay.

Wendi
01-30-2008, 06:33 PM
How do the items you mentioned result in different tax laws? Please explain...

MaulNutz
01-30-2008, 06:46 PM
WTF....hes right about the line...its very small text but I have no idea what it says cause it so small.

wirenut
01-30-2008, 06:49 PM
Yea I can see its text and not a line. I don't have any way to see it clearly, its so small.

Eponym_mi
01-30-2008, 06:51 PM
The microscript is a security feature that makes it more difficult for someone to print fake checks. OP is nuts.

MaulNutz
01-30-2008, 06:54 PM
The microscript is a security feature that makes it more difficult for someone to print fake checks. OP is nuts.

That makes sense, so its like a code to see where the check came from?

LukeNM
01-30-2008, 07:16 PM
I did not know that -- mine (on business and personal checks) read "Authorized Signature Only" over and over again in itsy bitsy type -- had to use two magnifying glasses to read it.

Zydeco
01-31-2008, 02:04 AM
There are lots of security features on checks.

Not even a little bit suspicious why the signature line of everyone's checks says "authorized signature" in type so small that you've written hundreds of checks without ever noticing it?

Tugboat1988
01-31-2008, 02:42 AM
Go get your checkbook, and notice these two things you never noticed before:

The reason for these two tricks? To subject all people who sign such checks to "corporatization" -- you are no longer a person, but a corporation, and subject to different tax laws.

The rabbit hole is deep, eh?

I don't know if that is what it accomplishes or not. But it does not "no longer (make) you a person" Relatively modern definition makes you a person. The original definition, taken from my Webster's College Edition circa about 1959 defines Person -- "Face mask used by actors, hense a character, person. A human being, especially as distinguished from a thin or lower animal.... etc."

The original definition did not get into a human and let it pretty much as the mask or a charactor.

Black's law defines it as "In general usage, a human being (i.e. natural person), though by statute term man include labor organizations, pertnerships, associations, corporations, legal representatives, trustees, trustees in bankruptcy, or receivers." Black's go on to include government organizations, foreign government organizations, Illegitimate child, heirs, devisees, children, spouces, creditors, beneficiaries and any other having property rights in a claim against a trust estate or the estate of a decedent, municipalities, minors, unborn child, and many other kinds of humans or things.

It seems to me that the word "person" has no soul, no personality, no spirit and is quite indifferent. But it does seem to have a desire to classify me as something of a state asset, state bothersome thing, something bound to someone else or something else not necessarily with my permission, and something that represents things that otherwise have value.

I'd rather just be a Human thank you. And if the signature small alpha rendition does other than provide a security provision, it does so without my permission.

Tugboat

McDermit
01-31-2008, 02:49 AM
paranoia, paranoia, everybody's coming to get meee

I'm not sick, but I'm not well.

Yeah, my name is exactly as I typed it when I ordered my checks - Written Normally