PDA

View Full Version : Some GOOD programming this morning

Original_Intent
08-05-2007, 09:23 AM
Fred Thompson just got ripped a new one on Chris Matthews show.

Sounds like overall that was better viewing than the "debate".

LizF
08-05-2007, 09:27 AM
That does sound like "must see tv"....lol.

Matt
08-05-2007, 10:51 AM
What happened?

Original_Intent
08-05-2007, 10:54 AM
Well they had an internal poll among their commentators over whether FT could win voters over once he gets around to announcing. 8 said No, 4 said Yes. Overall it was suprisingly "anti" Fred Thompson.

Chris Matthews was probably his biggest defender and his wrap up comment was that he would "wait and see". When I saw that it was about FT I expected a lovefest.

MozoVote
08-05-2007, 10:58 AM
I bet a lot of people are getting tired of Fred's "Hamlet" act. Even the news people, who would like to at least report actual news of something happening. :rolleyes:

BillyBeer
08-05-2007, 11:04 AM
Well they had an internal poll among their commentators over whether FT could win voters over once he gets around to announcing. 8 said No, 4 said Yes. Overall it was suprisingly "anti" Fred Thompson.

Chris Matthews was probably his biggest defender and his wrap up comment was that he would "wait and see". When I saw that it was about FT I expected a lovefest.

The Fred isnt charismatic and has all that Watergate/lobbyist baggage. Whats he gonna say that appeals to People?

Phrases like "were gonna get stuff done" and "that dog dont bark" will not win over voters.

The Fred is the Wes Clark of the 08 Race. A perfect candidate before he announces, but once he starts running and people take a look at him he drops like a rock.

freelance
08-05-2007, 11:15 AM
How about, "Now, don't fuss at me!"