PDA

View Full Version : Be On Notice

davidfarrar
01-30-2008, 04:31 PM
The political tide has changed. McCain is now perceived to be the Republican front-runner.

This means there will be a lot of real conservatives coming to this forum and the other forum to see if they can support Dr. Paul.

Treat them with respect, please, no matter how pointed their questions are.

Please do not accuse anyone for the foreseeable future as being a "neocon", "troll", or a "mole". These names will mean nothing to these people, and they are certainly not use to being called names when they are publically discussing their personal political beliefs.

It is your job and responsibility to layout as best you can Dr. Paul's political philosophy as it relates to their question, and that's it.

Please don't pontificate on your own political points of view. We are trying to gain support for Dr. Paul here, not your own.

Thank you.

Jae0
01-30-2008, 04:32 PM
Agreed. Lets all treat people the way we would want to be treated.

PimpBlimp
01-30-2008, 04:32 PM
aye

seeker1
01-30-2008, 04:33 PM
How about those of us already here? ;)

Mark
01-30-2008, 04:33 PM
Need Ideas for New Site to Show Ron is the TRUE Conservative Alternative

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=105841

Last night I heard some MSM pundit say that Republicans may start looking for who might be a real "Conservative Alternative" to McCain.

That gave me an idea for a Conservatism Comparison site,

and I need suggestions and ideas on what to include on the site please.

Beta sites:

ConservativeAlternative.com (http://conservativealternative.com/)

or:

ConAlt.org (http://conalt.org/)

TXcarlosTX
01-30-2008, 04:35 PM
i vote for this

WilliamC
01-30-2008, 04:36 PM
Just so long as they don't immediately start telling folks we have to support Romney....

amy31416
01-30-2008, 04:37 PM
++++++ Always try to treat people with respect, no matter their political views.

Jae0
01-30-2008, 04:38 PM
Just so long as they don't immediately start telling folks we have to support Romney....

Thats why there is the "ignore poster" feature. :D

seeker1
01-30-2008, 04:38 PM

Yeah, that wouldn't go over too good. I might even...No

No I wouldn't, but I'd think it.:)

wstrucke
01-30-2008, 04:39 PM
+1 billion

yongrel
01-30-2008, 04:40 PM
good post

LynnB
bump

Voluntaryist
Win them over with kindness

seeker1
Thats why there is the "ignore poster" feature. :D

Where is that feature?

Hmmm....That might be why I don't elicit any replies to my posts.:)

hillertexas
bump

Iconoclast777
01-30-2008, 04:41 PM
excellent post

lynnf
The political tide has changed. McCain is now perceived to be the Republican front-runner.

This means there will be a lot of real conservatives coming to this forum and the other forum to see if they can support Dr. Paul.

Please do not accuse anyone for the foreseeable future as being a "neocon", "troll", or a "mole". These names will mean nothing to these people, and they are certainly not use to being called names when they are publically discussing their personal political beliefs.

It is your job and responsibility to layout as best you can Dr. Paul's political philosophy as it relates to their question, and that's it.

Please don't pontificate on your own political points of view. We are trying to gain support for Dr. Paul here, not your own.

Thank you.

and -- remember there are some conservatives already here that welcome them---

Welcome fellow conservatives! Dr. Paul is the ONLY true conservative in the presidential race!

lynn

luvthedoc08
i 100% agree, let's be civil people!

davidfarrar
01-30-2008, 04:45 PM

They can tell you anything they want...be respectful...it is your job to point out why that is not possible...now why is that not possible?

Because Romney is not a conservative Republican...that's it, and explain why.

You can treat all of these opportunities as an opportunity to teach those who are here, asking to be taught.

WilliamC
01-30-2008, 04:47 PM
They can tell you anything they want...be respectful...it is your job to point out why that is not possible...now why is that not possible?

Because Romney is not a conservative Republican...that's it, and explain why.

You can treat all of these opportunities as an opportunity to teach those who are here, asking to be taught.

I have no problem trying to teach those who ask, and answer, questions.

amy31416
01-30-2008, 04:48 PM
Where is that feature?

Hmmm....That might be why I don't elicit any replies to my posts.:)

Huh? Anybody else hear anything?

Nevermind...:D

j0ew00ds
01-30-2008, 04:48 PM
bumpity bump for troof.

gracebkr
01-30-2008, 04:52 PM

Thank you.

good reminder.

Rede
01-30-2008, 04:53 PM
And Stop The Third Party BS

Lou337
01-30-2008, 04:53 PM
bump

kate971
01-30-2008, 05:03 PM
I've never posted before but I have wanted to say this for a long time.
Please Please Please stop using bad language. I am an ordinary soccer mom living in some generic suburb just like millions across the country. The profanity I read on this forum and others from Ron Paul supporters is really shocking to me. I don't talk that way and neither does anyone I know. If you want to bring your message to mainstream america you need to keep the language G rated. the bad language makes us all look like radicals and takes away from Ron Paul's powerful message. I want to spread the word but fear sending people (including my parents and their friends) to the internet for more info. profanity is very insulting to many people, especially the older voters we desperately need.

Just my 2 cents

kyleAF
bump. agreed

Ayse

Last night I heard some MSM pundit say that Republicans may start looking for who might be a real "Conservative Alternative" to McCain.

Beta sites:

or:

http://knowbeforeyouvote.com/

davidfarrar
01-30-2008, 05:11 PM
Please Please Please stop using bad language. I am an ordinary soccer mom living in some generic suburb just like millions across the country. The profanity I read on this forum and others from Ron Paul supporters is really shocking to me. I don't talk that way and neither does anyone I know. If you want to bring your message to mainstream america you need to keep the language G rated. the bad language makes us all look like radicals and takes away from Ron Paul's powerful message. I want to spread the word but fear sending people (including my parents and their friends) to the internet for more info. profanity is very insulting to many people, especially the older voters we desperately need.

Just my 2 cents

I rest my case, You Honor.

Thank you, Kate. You are 100% correct.

Please read and inwardly digest.

TER
01-30-2008, 05:12 PM
bump

amy31416
01-30-2008, 05:14 PM

Just my 2 cents

Noted and seconded.

Welcome to the forums, by the way!

davidfarrar
01-30-2008, 05:15 PM
http://knowbeforeyouvote.com/

This is a great website...can we embed it into our own? Please advise?

the_bee
01-30-2008, 05:17 PM
bump

hcbrand
01-30-2008, 05:20 PM
An aside to people coming here: where is everyone today? Veiws of posts are as low as I've seen...

Ayse
01-30-2008, 05:22 PM
This is a great website...can we embed it into our own? Please advise?

It's not mine...someone posted it on the boards here a few days ago..

dannno
01-30-2008, 05:25 PM
Can I still call RedCard a troll?

PaultheSaint
01-30-2008, 05:33 PM

Thank you.

There is WAY to much of this going on at this forum. Most of it unjustified.

SVS2K
01-30-2008, 06:29 PM
An aside to people coming here: where is everyone today? Veiws of posts are as low as I've seen...

Out canvassing!

Ok BRB.

Cinderella
01-30-2008, 06:31 PM
i was called a troll when i first came here...... :(

WilliamC
01-31-2008, 05:55 AM

Just my 2 cents

Personally I always try to post things I wouldn't be afraid to associate under my real name (William Colley) or say while talking to a group (like when I was at a College Republican meeting the other night and asked questions of the speaker there).

Unfortunately this is the internet, and people from, literally, all over the world post here. There is no code of conduct except what the moderators of the forum impose by their ability to alter/delete threads.

Simple fact is that there are a lot of foul-mouth people in the world who don't mind spouting off in public. It's easy to hear them in public, and something about the internet gives some folks a feeing of anonymity that seems to loosen any restraints they may normally have. I don't really like it, but it's absolutely not under my control.

All I can recommend is liberal use of the ignore feature every time someone violates the language rules you wish they would follow. Not ideal, but it's a way to filter out most of the profanity.

In real life politics isn't G rated, at best it's R rated and often worse. Many famous politicians are known for their bad tempers and foul language when the cameras aren't on them. It's just part of the human condition.

As for the sarcasm though.... ;)

LizF
01-31-2008, 06:01 AM

Just my 2 cents

Welcome to the Forums Kate! :)

Sweman
01-31-2008, 06:17 AM
Good post. Very bumpable.

Jodi
01-31-2008, 07:17 AM

Beta sites:

or:

And it looks as if their answer is Newt. There is an article on wnd today about it and rush brought it up last week.

Dan Klaus
01-31-2008, 07:29 AM

Your absolutely right and thank you for pointing this out..there are some other good resources like ronpaullibrary where your family members can check out Dr. Paul's platform on the various issues without the wild behavior sometimes seen on the forums..Glad your posting now - hope to hear from you more...