PDA

View Full Version : Email to Rush

hamilton1049
01-30-2008, 04:17 PM
Joined Rush 24/7 so I could send the following Email to his private account.

Rush,

I heard your monologue to your show today and you said something that left me feeling more alienated from my country than anything I can remember.

I am a retired U.S. Marine (02/70-02/90}. Each reenlistment required me to repeat an oath that swore me to "protect and defend the Constitution of the United States from all enemies foreign and domestic." Too much of my life has been given to this oath, it was not service to my country or it's people, and least was it service to our govt. It was the willingness to surrender my life in the cause of individual liberty and freedom, to protect a nation governed by ideals born long ago and expressed by our founding fathers in that Constitution, that men should live free, in peace and prosperity, free from the yoke of oppressive govt.

Today you referred to the only candidate in either party running on these ideals as weird.

To find that the one achievement of which I was most proud, was done in the name of ideals that are treated with scorn and derision by my country, and people for whom I have great respect, leaves a cold and empty feeling in my heart.

I merely ask that if you cannot say something for Dr Pauls integrity, consistency, and honesty, that you leave me some sense of worth, some shred of the value of these ideals to hold to, then please, say nothing of him at all.

Respectfully Yours,
David Hamilton
GySgt United States Marine Corps (retired)

Elliott
01-30-2008, 04:32 PM
Nice letter, but Rush probably doesn't even deserve the time or respect. He's a waterboy for the neocons.

Mises
01-30-2008, 04:35 PM
Moving letter. Rush Limbaugh has put too much intellectual stock into the war machine to back out now.

I was listening today, as well. Did you hear him say that Ron Paul didn't care about national security? He said something along the lines that "all the Republican candidates are concerned deeply about national security, except for Ron Paul."

There is no limit to how far neocons will go to try and discredit him. If they were truly indifferent, then they would make no mention of him, but throwing cheap shots in here and there shows that he is on their mind and they do NOT want his message to be heard or debated.

I take solace in the implosion of the entire neoconservative house of cards. Rush is not taking this too well - he keeps trying to pretend that the ship is afloat but everybody is jumping overboard.

IcyPeaceMaker
01-30-2008, 05:23 PM
Great letter, GySgt.

Ron Paul has the only message that will not only unite the republican party, but unite America, and therein lies their hatred, they have spent decades trying to divide us, and his unifying message is poison to them.

cameronb
01-30-2008, 10:50 PM
as a fellow veteran I say thats an exceptionally well written letter - bravo!