PDA

View Full Version : A Whole New Kind of Ad!

summjet
01-30-2008, 04:16 PM
Since RP is a completely different kind of candidate, how about a whole new kind of TV ad?

Scene 1

Captain America eating breakfast in the kitchen:

Wife asks: What’s your schedule for today, Dear?

CA: I’ll be heading off to save the world again. I just need to stop by the ATM and get some cash before I leave town.

Scene 2

CA walks down the steps of his downtown apartment and heads down the block to the ATM.

(The Kink’s Catch Me Now I’m Falling, plays in the background: “Now I’m calling all citizens from all over the world, this is Captain America calling. I picked you up when you were down on your knees, won’t you catch me now I’m falling.”

Scene 3

CA put his “US Treasury Dept.” bank card in the machine, which promptly displays the message “we’re sorry, but your account is overdrawn by $9,000,000,000,000!” CA reads this to himself softly and tries to figure out what the amount is (“nine million………….no billion…………..hmm, I guess that’s trillion…………….wow, nine trillion dollars, when did this happen?”

He bangs on the ATM when it won’t give his card back.

Scene 4

CA walks out of a pawn shop wearing only his boxer shorts and a t-shirt. His CA suit is on a mannequin in the shop window.

Dejected, CA sits on the sidewalk with a tin cup in his lap. He sighs as a gold coin falls in the cup. He looks up to see RP standing over him. RP is wearing a superhero outfit, complete with cape and CC on his chest. His belt is a polished gold change dispenser with a calculator clipped to his hip. He has a pencil over his ear and a pocket protector just to make him more accountant-like. CA says, “who are you?”. RP responds, “I’m your long-lost father, Captain Constitution, and I’m here to get you back on your feet.”

Ok, maybe RP won’t put on a leotard, but even RP in a suit and tie telling CA we can fix this mess would probably work.

Thoughts?

WilliamC
01-30-2008, 04:18 PM
Captain Constitution, I like it!

Maybe Colonel Constitution?

roversaurus
01-30-2008, 04:22 PM
You know I like the idea.

What could it hurt?

We need to do something different. But I'm make it a cartoon.
So you don't need the good Dr. to put on a super hear outfit.

Dave Pedersen
01-30-2008, 04:27 PM
"Freedom's just another word for.. noth'in left to lose"..

Janis Joplin

summjet
01-30-2008, 04:32 PM
I like "Col. Constitution" and the cartoon idea too. How about computer generated 3D, like Pixar?

Instead of asking "who are you?", when CA looks up at RP, he could flashback to actual footage of RP at the first debate saying, "I'm Ron Paul, Champion of the Constitution".

CA says, "you're Ron Paul"................... "There's still hope for us."

the Winner is (R0N P@uL)
01-30-2008, 04:35 PM
bump

noztnac
01-30-2008, 04:38 PM
I like the creativity.

An alternative would be to show millions of people standing in lines at banks showing negative $37,000.

I'd have to check on the actual figure but it's something like that.

Imagine if you went into the bank and they said, "I'm sorry sir but you are overdrawn by $37,000...oh wait... are those your children...I'll just add their amount into that total...
and as she's putting in the amount the guy grabs each kid under each arm and bolts out of the bank. On the way home he's driving really fast and talking to his wife on the cellphone. "Honey, we're in deep trouble. The government has taken all of our...your...the kids money...we have to do something fast. and she says... I'ts ok I just turned on the TV. Ron Paul shocked the world. He won the election. Everything's going to be ok.

wowabunga
01-30-2008, 05:30 PM
We have a blimp... a air force... we might as well have a super hero...!!! Could be a great way to reach people who are tech fans, or who just enjoy the comics page. Comics could be printed out and left at bus stops, coffee shops etc. Look what John Stewart is doing with presenting the truth thru comedy.

Back in 2000 we created a Y2K cartoon featuring a heavy set computer programmer who would save the day. My artist pal is a genious with 2-D artwork and I'm sure he'd be glad to make a trim looking Captain Constitution for us. I do know that he charges for his work, and his rates are very affordable. Here's a sample of his work... his name was Cobol Man...

http://wowabunga.com/ronpaul/intro_cobol.jpg

- Ramblin Randy

seeker1
01-30-2008, 05:56 PM
Have no fear, the GOP underdog is here.

Okay, I love the Col. Constitution idea.

summjet
01-30-2008, 06:29 PM
Hey Wowabunga,

I like Cobol Man. Does your buddy do animated action or just stills?

I originally thought this would have to be an official campaign effort, but maybe not. (I did e-mail the idea to HQ today, though.)

I'm definately not tech-savvy enough to make this happen by myself.

wowabunga
01-30-2008, 09:15 PM
My pal is a master cartoonist and craves animation in the old school style of Disney and Loony Tunes. He also has a ear for political satire... and he's got a huge heart of gold. We were going to do a flash game with all the candidates and how all the candidates have been "borrowing" Ron Paul's talking points, but with a lot of them dropping out we've shelved that idea.

I do so much like the idea of a super hero cartoon. Hat's off to Seeker1 for the quote...

Have no fear, the GOP underdog is here.

We have a catchy phrase.... I assure you that Marc the toon master can handle anything you throw at him. He ALWAYS over performs and never fails to impress (and put a smile on your face) when given a challenge. I'm in for helping to write comedy. Seeing a comic strip come to fruition might be one heck of a idea... average Joes could post this up at work on message boards, leave it at lunchtables, email them to friends.

Here is a inspirational video I recently filmed and edited, featuring the Columbia Missouri Meetup group....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=URTvgfnh1pM

Peace and Joy,
Ramblin Randy