PDA

View Full Version : Giuliani out of tonight's debate!

madRazor
01-30-2008, 02:52 PM
h ttp://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/01/30/gop.debate/index.html

Republican presidential hopefuls likely will face off Wednesday night without a familiar face as ex-New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani is expected to drop out and endorse front-runner Sen. John McCain.

The remaining candidates will take the stage in a debate -- sponsored by CNN, the Los Angeles Times and Politico -- beginning at 8 p.m. ET Wednesday.

Minus Giuliani, the debate will be a four-candidate affair -- McCain, Romney, Huckabee and Paul -- with CNN's Anderson Cooper moderating.

NICE, this is RP's chance

wgadget
Yahoo!!

constitutional
cool :D

freejack
01-30-2008, 02:54 PM
so no more cackling after everytime Ron Paul says something?

lvp1138
01-30-2008, 02:56 PM
Excellent. Everything is proceeding as foreseen :)

crasster1
01-30-2008, 02:57 PM
Heck Yea,..

Pray For Even Time!

Ex Post Facto
01-30-2008, 03:00 PM
There were 11 now there are Four.

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
01-30-2008, 03:00 PM
"likely will face off without..."

Giuliani will be on stage, will endorse McCain on said stage, and dominate the debate.
I doubt he's flying cross-country to go surfing.

Seriously - the hype in this forum is 100x worse than the MSM

acptulsa
01-30-2008, 03:02 PM

Giuliani will be on stage, will endorse McCain on said stage, and dominate the debate.

Thank you.

Goldwater Conservative
01-30-2008, 03:03 PM
He has a 50% chance of being in one of the middle two spots. If he's on either end, the camera will ignore him. If he's not, prepare for some of the most creative camera angles you've ever seen. Think "The Republican Supremacy."

RonPaulFanInGA
01-30-2008, 03:11 PM

The local radio state is acting like Rudy Giuliani will be in the debate. I can't imagine why CNN would let themselves be played like that. They know Giuliani is leaving. They know it will be today. Why the hell let him stand up there and waste everyones' time?!

Please Paul, for once, be aggressive.

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
01-30-2008, 03:31 PM
Maybe he is not participating....

http://www.politico.com/blogs/jonathanmartin/

Rudy to make it official this afternoon

Rudy and McCain appear together at the Reagan Library at 3 O'Clock local time.

The McCain camp, doing their best to keep the secret, is only touting a "major endorsement."

Shink
01-30-2008, 03:34 PM
h ttp://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/01/30/gop.debate/index.html

Republican presidential hopefuls likely will face off Wednesday night without a familiar face as ex-New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani is expected to drop out and endorse front-runner Sen. John McCain.

The remaining candidates will take the stage in a debate -- sponsored by CNN, the Los Angeles Times and Politico -- beginning at 8 p.m. ET Wednesday.

Minus Giuliani, the debate will be a four-candidate affair -- McCain, Romney, Huckabee and Paul -- with CNN's Anderson Cooper moderating.

NICE, this is RP's chance

For those of us pissed off about how little time Ron got last debate, think this through: This is a TWO HOUR debate, not a piddly 1hr 30. There are only FOUR people there. CNN has a tendency to be (extremely) SLIGHTLY better towards Ron, and while they will probably take shots at him, they'll give him more time to keep up appearances. Giuliani out and all the other factors combined should mean----->5 more minutes of Ron!:D:D:D *sigh* I'm happy he'll get more time, but they'll seriously tack on about 5 minutes. Many questions will probably be intended to be catfight starters between Juan and Rommel.

Cinderella
01-30-2008, 03:36 PM
im hoping CNN is fair with their time...and if not Dr. Paul needs to be aggressive

fletcher
01-30-2008, 03:39 PM
so no more cackling after everytime Ron Paul says something?

Romney's still in it so there will still be one person cackling. Romney even admitted yesterday that he laughs at him on stage.

Mark
01-30-2008, 03:42 PM

Really, can't any any views or comments on REAL action items like needing help on a website to GAIN voters.

But crap takes off.

Kotin
01-30-2008, 03:45 PM
Anderson "CIA" Cooper could pull a youtube debate...

MusoSpuso
01-30-2008, 03:48 PM
Maybe he is not participating....

http://www.politico.com/blogs/jonathanmartin/

Rudy to make it official this afternoon

Rudy and McCain appear together at the Reagan Library at 3 O'Clock local time.

The McCain camp, doing their best to keep the secret, is only touting a "major endorsement."

Does anyone else see that this may actually HURT McBane and hurt his chances? Both Guiliani and McCain aren't particularly popular with true conservatives. A pro-illegal immagration guy and a pro-choice guy???

Go ahead and throw McCain your poison touch Gouliani!

Could be good news actually...

tamor
01-30-2008, 03:51 PM
I have heard they will be seated at a table. This closer proximity to the moderator may put on more pressure to be fair in time.

anewvoice
01-30-2008, 04:59 PM
There were 11 now there are Four.

There can be only one.

kickzman
01-30-2008, 05:05 PM
Anderson is a fraud.

jarofclay
01-30-2008, 05:22 PM
oh man, I can see the shot now. "Ron, Guiliani is leaving the race because he didn't do well in Florida. Why aren't you leaving the race?"

Mark my words. We will see something like this tonight and.....

RON PAUL WILL HIT IT OUTTA THE PARK!! AGAIN :)