PDA

View Full Version : Speech to College Republicans

RPTXState
01-30-2008, 02:18 PM
In less than 6 hours, I'll be talking to them

Last time I went (Nov 7th), they where overwhelmingly fredheads. I doubt many really like McCain, but what can I say to convince them to help/respect/tolerate us?

Specifically, how should I respond if they ask "What if Paul drops out/goes independant"?

Cinderella
01-30-2008, 02:20 PM
tell them that a draft may be a possibility in the future with anyone else but ron paul!!!! a draft will scare the hell out of all the young men and women!!!

jblosser
01-30-2008, 02:25 PM
Specifically, how should I respond if they ask "What if Paul drops out/goes independant"?

Then we will all know for sure that the Reagan Revolution is over and the Republican Party is a dead husk. No one can articulate any sound reason why anything Ron Paul says is not Republican. All they can give us is nonsense about electability which apparently means we have to embrace the philosophy of the Democrats to get people to vote for us. Goldwater and Reagan knew better and they would be ashamed.

PS: Ignoring the debt and borrowing trillions from Communist China so we can defend ourselves from terrorism is neither Republican, sane defense, nor sound math. Ponder how we beat the Soviets and ponder what the Middle East and China are now doing to us, with our full compliance.

malkusm
01-30-2008, 02:28 PM
Tell them that Ron Paul best represents the TRUE conservative ideals demonstrated by former great leaders of the party such as Reagan, Goldwater, etc. Tell them that Ron Paul is the ONLY Republican candidate who has vowed to cut government spending AT ALL. Tell them that Ron Paul is the only candidate vowing to do ANYTHING about our country's debt crisis, and the only candidate with a sensible economic policy that will stop our unending cycle of borrowing money that doesn't yet exist.

If someone brings up the war, ask how we will fund it, now and in the future. Point out how much the debt has grown since the war started (about $6 trillion). Point out that, without sound economic policy in the next few years, we can't afford to defend our borders or take care of our citizens at home. Throw in the $400,000+ per household bit.

Hit the economy on ALL fronts and do not relent. The government is no good at protecting any of us when it's bankrupt.

As for the dropping out/going independent question, tell them that he's been a Republican for 10 terms in Congress, and that if he were to run as a third party candidate, it would only be because he feels very strongly that this election is critical to avoid an economic collapse, a situation that no other candidate will address. Point out that, even as a third party candidate, his platform would be exactly the same - solidify that point by saying that when he ran as Libertarian in 1988, he had the exact same platform, and that his voting record proves that his platform is not for sale based on what party he is running for.

LandonCook
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=104177

lol, read what I said...

RPTXState
tell them that a draft may be a possibility in the future with anyone else but ron paul!!!! a draft will scare the hell out of all the young men and women!!!

A draft seems unlikely and doesn't scare me though.

constituent
what can I say to convince them to help/respect/tolerate us?

there's your problem right there.... what can you say to convince them to JOIN us... that's the attitude you should project.

if they were once "fredheads" it merely proves they're looking for the next anointed leader to follow behind (typical repugs IMO)... so, anoint a leader for them.

response: why would he drop out w/ a following like this?
if he goes independent tell them to vote w/ the conscience, not
just fall in line like good germans (it's the repugs "falling in line"
and their loyalty to party over country that has gotten us where
we are)....

remind them once more of the definition of insanity.

oh yea, and Newt won't save 'em either.