PDA

View Full Version : Awesome... Just Awesome...

therealjjj77
01-30-2008, 01:35 PM
http://people.ronpaul2008.com/campaign-updates/2008/01/30/the-power-of-precinct-leaders/

The Power of Precinct Leaders
I can’t say it any better than supporter Ron Beddell, who posted this in the comments section:

Dear Folks,

I’m sure you are aware of most of this. However, I would just like to tell you what we went through down here in Broward County, South Florida. As you know, Dr. Paul took 3% of the vote in Florida. In the 13 precincts that myself and someone else worked here in Broward County, Dr. Paul came in second to John McCain; that’s right, Dr. Paul beat Romney, Giuliani and Huckabee. This happened with almost NO media coverage of Dr. Paul. Also, Broward County is a strong for Giuliani but Dr. Paul beat Giuliani in those 13 precincts that we worked. We know of other Dr. Paul supporters in Broward County who were waving Dr. Paul’s signs, but they did not do that well in their precincts. Sign waving does NOT get votes, BUT PRECINCT WORK DOES GET VOTES!!! Please do the precinct work and that is how Dr. Paul will win. God Bless You.

I've been saying it all along. Get other precinct leaders signed up and let's keep canvassing our way to the White House!

Sey.Naci
01-30-2008, 01:40 PM
This is vitally important. KNOW what works and do it. Sign waving is a far less GOTV use of your time.

s35wf
01-30-2008, 01:42 PM
Im in seminole. We did sign waves, some of us canvassed a little by foot. We got 3%. I found out at my precinct most people (older say 40+) did the early voting thing. Almost NO ONE voting that day at polls. SOMEONE NEEDS to Start going to where the old gather. Bingo meetings, churches, retirement homes, dances?, hell i dont know. The point is SOMEONE (That means YOU) Needs to start doing group meetings/seminars/parties at these type of events.

Im pissed. In FL i got mcshame AND gov chris's damn amendment 1 property tax BS.

I voted; but yet my voice goes Unheard and my chads still hanging :(

newyearsrevolution08
01-30-2008, 01:45 PM
I think both are essential personally and should BOTH be done. SOmetimes people like to find out about a candidate on their own and seeing a ton of people on very business intersections holding up ron paul signs during rush hour does work well. We did it yesterday from 4pm to 6pm on a very busy intersection in my city.

I am a precinct captain and I look at it like this, plain and simple some people WILL NOT walk their precinct. It is the reason we all have exercise equipment that sits and collects dust. People are LAZY lol.

Give those lazy people SOMETHING to do and trust me I can get 5 precinct leaders to get to their lists and actually do them BUT I can get 30 lazy people to go and do the sign waving who would not walk their precinct anyways.

Options is what is needed but yes precinct walking is of course preferred BUT get those lazy people doing something in your city as well. If anything have them holding up "ron paul meetup sign up here!" signs to get some actual ACTIVE people who would want to walk their precinct.

therealjjj77
01-30-2008, 03:56 PM
I think both are essential personally and should BOTH be done. SOmetimes people like to find out about a candidate on their own and seeing a ton of people on very business intersections holding up ron paul signs during rush hour does work well. We did it yesterday from 4pm to 6pm on a very busy intersection in my city.

I am a precinct captain and I look at it like this, plain and simple some people WILL NOT walk their precinct. It is the reason we all have exercise equipment that sits and collects dust. People are LAZY lol.

Give those lazy people SOMETHING to do and trust me I can get 5 precinct leaders to get to their lists and actually do them BUT I can get 30 lazy people to go and do the sign waving who would not walk their precinct anyways.

Options is what is needed but yes precinct walking is of course preferred BUT get those lazy people doing something in your city as well. If anything have them holding up "ron paul meetup sign up here!" signs to get some actual ACTIVE people who would want to walk their precinct.

I hear ya. Most people have the worker mentality and so many don't do anything until the directions are given for them.

The most effective method is the meetup group organizer, or county chair contacting individuals and requesting them to do a little job for Ron Paul. Something like this:

"Hey Joe/Jane! I'm the county chair for the Ron Paul grassroots campaign here in (insert) county and volunteering my time like yourself to help Ron Paul get into office. I assure you that there are a lot of us working hard for Ron Paul and I was wondering if I could get your help with a very specific task?"

"Sure! What can I do?"(1st commitment)

"Well, we've been finding that the most effective way to get people for Ron Paul is by:
A. doing presentations for him at retirement homes
B. handing out flyers with his stand on social security after bingo games
C. calling people in your precinct
D. going door to door to people
E. (whatever else you want them to do)

It's really easy and is getting a great response. In fact, we pretty much have it down to a science! Can I count on you for this important task?"

"Of course!"(2nd commitment)

Then give them the info on what to do.

A lot of people are more than willing to help if you can just pave the way for them. They are used to being asked to do things at their job and most value this campaign almost as much as their job if not more.

newyearsrevolution08
01-30-2008, 04:04 PM
yup, same reason why people can lose weight WITH a personal trainer BUT without they just waste money buying a ton of junk that sits collecting dust.

I will agree that precinct walking is the BEST WAY to secure votes but dont leave out the lazy ones in your group people. Find SOMETHING that they would like to do.

I agree on the commitment deal as well, more of a sales skill then anything BUT it does work. All that is needed is SOLID meetup admins in EVERY city who make the group accountable.

Here is the easy way to look at it

my group I am in

we have around 100 people "signed up"
we only have 12-15 SIGNED up precinct captains out of the group
odds are though only 10% to 30% ACTUALLY walked or called their precincts

I think the above estimate is true for most groups as well and with that comes the issue of the group admins. They need to get people motivated, get them actually working their precincts and so forth.

Crickett
01-30-2008, 08:55 PM

Well, in my town I am the only one here. I am too lazy, cold and scared to walk the precinct. I bring flyers everywhere I go. I talk about RP everywhere I can. I am going to the GOP meeting and signing up as delegate (they have to elect them and I know nobody, but will try). However, I just "donated "$351.00 to Suddenlink Cable to run that Ron Paul IS ad 166 times Fri sat and sunday on cnn, fox, tnt, usa and the weather channel. At least people will see that..l.

FSP-Rebel
01-31-2008, 07:57 PM
Well, in my town I am the only one here. I am too lazy, cold and scared to walk the precinct. I bring flyers everywhere I go. I talk about RP everywhere I can. I am going to the GOP meeting and signing up as delegate (they have to elect them and I know nobody, but will try). However, I just "donated "$351.00 to Suddenlink Cable to run that Ron Paul IS ad 166 times Fri sat and sunday on cnn, fox, tnt, usa and the weather channel. At least people will see that..l.
In my opinion, donating money to ad projects is just like canvassing. We all have our different strengths.