PDA

View Full Version : Arizona Newspaper questions McCain's Temper Tantrums

Ira Aten
01-30-2008, 01:27 PM
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9C03E4DC143BF932A35752C1A96F9582 60&n=Top/Reference/Times%20Topics/Subjects/P/Presidential%20Elections%20(US)

Here is the story:

Arizona Paper Faults McCain On His Temper
E-MAIL Print Save Share
Del.icio.usDiggFacebookNewsvinePermalinkPublished: November 1, 1999
The largest newspaper in Arizona, Senator John McCain's home state, is questioning whether he has the temperament to be president.

In an editorial today, the newspaper, The Arizona Republic, criticized Mr. McCain, a Republican, for a ''volcanic'' temper it said he had unleashed on other politicians, reporters and the public.

''If McCain is truly a serious contender for the presidency, it is time the rest of the nation learned about the John McCain we know in Arizona,'' it said. ''There is also reason to seriously question whether McCain has the temperament, and the political approach and skills, we want in the next president.''

Pam Johnson, The Republic's executive editor and senior vice president for news, said on Saturday that the newspaper had published the editorial partly out of frustration that the electorate was not getting the whole story about Mr. McCain from the national news media.

''There is very much to be admired and applauded about John McCain,'' Ms. Johnson said. ''But there is a less full-bodied portrayal.''

Saying Mr. McCain's temper is a legitimate campaign issue, the editorial added that he had unleashed his temper on several top Arizona officials, including Gov. Jane Dee Hull, former Gov. Rose Mofford and a former mayor of Phoenix, Paul Johnson. It also cited heated disputes with fellow senators and said Mr. McCain had called some reporters who asked tough questions ''liars'' and ''idiots.''

Dan Schnur, a spokesman for Mr. McCain, did not deny that his boss sometimes becomes angry, adding that questions about his temperament are fair game. But Mr. Schnur said Mr. McCain's anger was driven by passion.

The editorial was prompted by a recent article in The New York Times in which Mrs. Hull said her relations with Mr. McCain were ''not particularly warm.'' Mrs. Hull, who has endorsed Gov. George W. Bush of Texas, said Mr. McCain's temper was ''something that John has to keep control of.''

Mr. McCain has blamed the Bush campaign for helping plant the article and has told The Associated Press that his portrayal as a hothead is inaccurate. ''Do I insult anybody or fly off the handle or anything like that?'' he said. ''No, I don't.''

Sarge
01-30-2008, 01:45 PM
Yeah!

We needed that to get people to start thinking.

McCain thinks he has AZ in his pocket. Mitt now moving down in polls in AZ.

The question is when will AZ and the rest wake up on McCain?

josh24601
01-30-2008, 01:46 PM
Mrs. Hull, who has endorsed Gov. George W. Bush of Texas,

:confused:

KevinDW78
01-30-2008, 02:16 PM
I iwsh there was some C-Span footage of some of these stories we've heard about him

A. Havnes
01-30-2008, 02:23 PM
I wonder how bad it is...

Ira Aten
01-30-2008, 02:31 PM
Yeah!

We needed that to get people to start thinking.

McCain thinks he has AZ in his pocket. Mitt now moving down in polls in AZ.

The question is when will AZ and the rest wake up on McCain?

Hell, Paul won the Arizona Young Professionals Straw Poll last month by 82 Percent.

Ever notice how people who interview McCain treat him with kid gloves? That is because he is known as a volitale individual, and the last thing they want is to piss him off, because he might go mideaval on them.

RP needs to bring up the fact, that if he'd call a United States Senator an Asshole, and tell them "Fuck You!" etc., how many more wars do we think we can afford to finance for this guy?

If he will commit to a 100 year war when he isn't pissed off more than normal, imagine how many "struggles" we will have to finance when someone pisses him off overseas for God's sake.

The man is not "Presidential Timber".

digiphaze
01-30-2008, 02:41 PM
Lots of people in AZ hate McCain. But we have a similar problem as Florida. The Retirees. Yes. I know, don't blame the old people.. But I'm sorry, the truth is, they are the ones who keep reelecting the bastard to represent AZ. They are the ones who elected him in Florida yesterday.

Sarge
01-30-2008, 03:12 PM
I am older, and agree, it is the older ones that need to wake up.

With the AZ article now might be the best time to hit them. Especially if Dr. Paul can rock tonight.

I agree he needs to keep it simple and get attention.

CNN talking that McCain and Mitt likely to go after each other big time.

Dr. Paul has to step in and get time and points against McCain and Mitt. Keep Huck quiet this time.

matthylland
01-30-2008, 04:52 PM
any Youtubes of McCain going bezerk? (im looking too)

OK here is what i found so far, will be updated:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=DCAqm286eAM

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fSlAJ5hkAC4&feature=related