PDA

View Full Version : Guys can I get your thoughts on Job Interviews?

ghemminger
01-30-2008, 12:38 PM
Currency Trading Commission
Med Supplies Sales 60-70k
Indust. Plastic Sales 40-50k (no commute)
Tech. School Sales 40k no commute
Shortsales commission

all in So. Ca Could I get your thoughts? thanks

Paul10
01-30-2008, 12:41 PM

ghemminger
01-30-2008, 12:43 PM
I would do med supply sales and do the other 2 while you're working.:D

thanks paul - i really want to start my own bus. but not in that position

angelatc
01-30-2008, 12:44 PM
Medical - with the old folks getting older that business is as close to recession proof as you're gonna get.

HOLLYWOOD
01-30-2008, 12:49 PM
Currency TRADING!

It will be all over the place, which means a lot of BUY/SELLS...

You just have to be on top of it, which mean your hours on the west coast will be like 3AM-NOON

But lot's of money to be had in COMMISSIONS of the BUY SELLS!

Paul10
01-30-2008, 12:51 PM

asgardshill
01-30-2008, 12:54 PM
Assuming that what you posted is a list of possible opportunities you are considering, I myself would weight the ones with no commute much more highly than the others, even if they paid somewhat less than the others. NOT incurring the psychic damage that dealing with heavy traffic routinely inflicts would be the biggest selling point for me. I'm at a point in my life where quality of life is just as if not more important than the number of zeroes on my paycheck, and sitting in heavy traffic more than an hour a day is one of the most damaging situations for me personally that I can think of.

My second criteria would be that I would have to be interested in the field in question before I would consider working in it. Life's too short to put tab A into slot B for 8 hours a day unless the work is challenging and interesting.

My third criteria would be if the job is one that I wouldn't be ashamed to tell my children about or not. Being a Mafia hitman or drug dealer pays well but the psychic damage it would inflict wouldn't be worth the money.

My close to last criteria would be salary. You gotta pay the bills, and sometimes you just have to hold your nose and do stuff you don't want to do if it pays well enough.

ghemminger
01-30-2008, 03:53 PM
thanks for the great thoughts - you guys are way smarter then my real freinds