PDA

View Full Version : My Signwave/Police incident

eldeeder
01-30-2008, 11:14 AM
Ok, so I like signwaving, but its too passive for me. A friend of mine suggested we go to Radio Shack and buy a megaphone.

So we are standing at an intersection in phx yesterday. About 15 people. Yelling Ron Paul stuff over the megaphone. Not too sure how the cops would feel about this. But I found out yesterday!

Two motorcycle cops drove past in the opposite lane. Announcing over their own P.A. system,

"GO RON PAUL"

It was amazing. Gave me chills... Good to know we have some of them on our side! :)

mysticgeek
01-30-2008, 11:17 AM
HAHAHA! That is great! Did you get it on video???

LynnB
01-30-2008, 11:19 AM
Cool!

Azprint
01-30-2008, 11:21 AM
Lol, good stuff!

eldeeder
01-30-2008, 11:21 AM
ha, if it were on video, it would be all over Youtube right now, Ill video tape more tomorrow.

Cleaner44
01-30-2008, 11:27 AM
You kick ass!

RobS
01-30-2008, 11:32 AM
Ok, so I like signwaving, but its too passive for me. A friend of mine suggested we go to Radio Shack and buy a megaphone.

So we are standing at an intersection in phx yesterday. About 15 people. Yelling Ron Paul stuff over the megaphone. Not too sure how the cops would feel about this. But I found out yesterday!

Two motorcycle cops drove past in the opposite lane. Announcing over their own P.A. system,

"GO RON PAUL"

It was amazing. Gave me chills... Good to know we have some of them on our side! :)

Great story, and not to be an ass, but have you been canvassing as well? Make sure you are signed up as a precinct leader at voters.ronpaul2008.com we have seen it time and again that those who canvass bump their precinct up enormously, like in Florida the canvassed precincts got 2nd place for Paul. The sign waving precincts didn't even show a dent.

WilliamC
01-30-2008, 11:33 AM
Glad to know there are honest men and women wearing the uniform who respect free speech rights!

Police for Ron Paul!

eldeeder
01-30-2008, 11:37 AM
Great story, and not to be an ass, but have you been canvassing as well? Make sure you are signed up as a precinct leader at voters.ronpaul2008.com we have seen it time and again that those who canvass bump their precinct up enormously, like in Florida the canvassed precincts got 2nd place for Paul. The sign waving precincts didn't even show a dent.

I canvass when I can. I phonebank as well. Every little thing counts..

PaultheSaint
01-30-2008, 11:37 AM
I kinda surf around the net and try to find police forums just to get their take on current issues. To my suprise, many seems to be worried about our rights, including the 2nd admendment and seem to be aware of a potential police state. It certainly changed my image a bit on police. Though I still think way to many are power hungry.

eldeeder
01-30-2008, 11:39 AM
I kinda surf around the net and try to find police forums just to get their take on current issues. To my suprise, many seems to be worried about our rights, including the 2nd admendment and seem to be aware of a potential police state. It certainly changed my image a bit on police. Though I still think way to many are power hungry.

Its tough to be a "decent" cop today. Cops have 1 job to do, and thats enforce the laws. They're really easy to pick on for that reason. We really should go after their lawmakers, and thats us. I don't think cops like the idea of a police state any more than we do.

Jae0
01-30-2008, 11:41 AM
Its tough to be a "decent" cop today. Cops have 1 job to do, and thats enforce the laws. They're really easy to pick on for that reason. We really should go after their lawmakers, and thats us. I don't think cops like the idea of a police state any more than we do.

The more we become a police state the more their lives are in danger, because peopl would fight back. They just want to do their jobs. Not run our lives.

acptulsa
01-30-2008, 11:43 AM
Glad to know there are honest men and women wearing the uniform who respect free speech rights!

Police for Ron Paul!

They're sick of the War on Drugs and other unpopular and unnecessary laws making them out to be the bad guys. Most get into the business to help society, and they hate having to play the bullies for the pharmaceuticals and other fatcats!

thehittgirl
01-30-2008, 11:44 AM
Awesome! A lot of law enforcement officers like Ron Paul. I've run into that quite a bit.

phree
01-30-2008, 11:47 AM

I've pointed out to cops that RP would favor giving local law enforcement more power and would give less to the Feds.

AmyPA
01-30-2008, 12:44 PM
It's awesome that the cops support RP.

But god, I hate megaphones/bullhorns. They're great at sporting events, but terrible anywhere else.

wowabunga
01-30-2008, 12:47 PM
Thanks for the smile... sure did need it... looking for a good used megaphone myself...!!!!!!!

In other good news... a fellow I met who was about 80 years young told me that "Ron Paul is the smartest man up on that stage" in reference to the debates he's seen.... !!! Here is some good news video from that weekend ....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=URTvgfnh1pM

RockEnds
01-30-2008, 12:58 PM
I was pleased when our local law enforcement became Ron Paul supporters. They're honestly concerned about the direction the country is taking. They were very big supporters.

BreakYourChains
01-30-2008, 01:00 PM
Thanks for the smile... sure did need it... looking for a good used megaphone myself...!!!!!!!

In other good news... a fellow I met who was about 80 years young told me that "Ron Paul is the smartest man up on that stage" in reference to the debates he's seen.... !!! Here is some good news video from that weekend ....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=URTvgfnh1pM

Not sure if you have run your own thread on this table, but this is really good! You need to run a thread, and help teach others how to do this. Great job!

jenn122
01-30-2008, 01:09 PM
That is neat!

My husband is a cop...we have converted quite a few of them

RobS
01-30-2008, 01:11 PM
I canvass when I can. I phonebank as well. Every little thing counts..

Cool, glad to hear it. Thanks for your hard work!

all J's in IL for RP
01-30-2008, 01:12 PM
Oh, jimminy crickett. The people that stand on street corners, haranguing the masses with megaphones, are communists. Republican voters don't appreciate being yelled at on the street.

Stop the madness!

eldeeder
01-30-2008, 01:21 PM
Oh, jimminy crickett. The people that stand on street corners, haranguing the masses with megaphones, are communists. Republican voters don't appreciate being yelled at on the street.

Stop the madness!

Keep in mind these intersections see from 50,000 to 100,000 cars per hour. Its not like they aren't already noisy. And yes, megaphones are annoying, but so is losing habius corpus. Thats a bit inconvienient for me, so I am going to go scream it at everyone until they care or send me to gitmo.

Shink
01-30-2008, 01:23 PM
And this guy said he didn't belong here!

wowabunga
01-30-2008, 01:24 PM
Not sure if you have run your own thread on this table, but this is really good! You need to run a thread, and help teach others how to do this. Great job!

I'm waiting for feedback before I go full bore... ( thanks for the compliment ). Will start a thread about this later tonight when I get off work. Hard to change the world when I have to work 9-5...!!!!

We did find out that we got a LOT of attention from the crowd when ever someone was signing the Ron Paul graffiti banner... the curosity factor really kicked in and folks were receptive to hearing about what was going on. Our second table was just as interesting but I don't have enough video of that effort at the moment.

eldeeder
01-30-2008, 01:27 PM
And this guy said he didn't belong here!

I still dont really think I do. There are a few things I dont even bring up around fellow rp supporters these days. But I do love Ron Paul, and what he stands for, so no reason to divided ourselves up for some dumb reason.

all J's in IL for RP
01-30-2008, 02:05 PM
Passion, untempered with reason, is useless. Most people don't know what habeas corpus is, and many people, knowing it, don't care if those they see as terrorists lose it. Especially so Republican voters, who are even less likely to care, having been exposed for six years to talk radio saying otherwise. Not to mention that this is YOUR issue, and not what RON PAUL is stressing on the campaign trail. It's part of the platform, but as an aside.

So you're standing on a street corner, pronouncing things that the voter base you're trying to appeal to probably disagrees with, at annoyingly loud levels. The fact that you're doing it in front of 50,000 to 100,000 people per hour (grossly overestimated, IMO), is hugely DAMAGING.

Did you learn nothing from the reports out of NH that the aggressive tactics of Ron Paul supporters turned off the voters?