PDA

View Full Version : Need To Paint Mccain As Bob Dole Part 2

spivey378
01-30-2008, 10:41 AM
no shot, just like kerry and bob.

also, very liberal like dole

Mithridates
01-30-2008, 09:51 PM
Nice, I was just about to start a thread on this subject. Someone I know on another board (not Ron Paul-related but with lots of political discussions said the following:

http://forums.eslcafe.com/korea/viewtopic.php?t=112238&start=15

1) Ron Paul isn't going to be President, but it's an ideological shift (and I like his 'question foreign policy' ideas being thrown out to the Republican Party). I've never once personally said he is going to win or has a shot at winning. Only that I continue to like his questioning foreign policy statements a whole lot among a few other things. Period. Unfortunately, the Republicans old detriment, they aren't budging whatsoever with the message and closed their minds off which is fairly predictable.

2) McCain IS the new Bob Dole. He's getting the nomination as the other's in the party are nutjobs, so he's winning by default. His immigration scheme (legalize the immigrants) was hugely unpopular with core Republican voters, yet he still continues to win. Why? Because Guiliani's sleeze scared Republicans, Huckabee's too Religious Right and they are playing with something the party only wanted votes from, Romney is Mormon and ambitiously difficult to define his real positions, and Ron Paul questions foreign policy. Republicans by default are going by the old guy of the Republican Party.

Meanwhile so thankful they found one who represents some bastion of normality, they aren't realizing they are nominating the next Bob Dole - the old guy who looks old, acts old, and ultimately won't sell to nearly as many people as you'd think. Hiliary appeals to older voters, so if she's nominated, I could pretty much see a repeat of Bill C vs Bob Dole in 1992.

If Obama is nominted, hard to say. Two drastically different ages, and those old ladies who can't vote for Hiliary would probably vote for McCain.