PDA

View Full Version : WHY McCAIN...

VoluntaryMan
01-30-2008, 09:11 AM
Why is it good for Dr. Paul's candidacy, if John "The Manchurian Candidate" McCain wins decisive victories in every non-Paul state?

I sincerely believe that MUCKain is the ideal candidate for Ron Paul to take on toe-to-toe. I hope that MUCKain takes every state that Paul doesn't. Those still calling for a divided field, at this point, are misguided, I believe. A divided field provides hope to both Mittens and Tax-Hike Mike. Hope is something that Ron Paul doesn't need to continue this fight, because he IS hope. Let MUCKain prevail, and let the others lose hope. I can think of no better foil for Dr. Paul than MUCKain, especially once the truth is known about the "surge" (purge?), especially since Manchu has confessed that economics make his widdle head hurt, especially since he is a single issue candidate about whom even the sellout "conservative" talk radio "gurus" are starting to complain. Keep winning, [porto]John; let's see how this plays out.

VoluntaryMan
01-30-2008, 09:39 AM
Agree? Disagree?

painter4Ron Paul
01-30-2008, 09:41 AM
I agree.

painter4Ron Paul
01-30-2008, 09:42 AM
okey dokkey

familydog
01-30-2008, 09:42 AM
I agree. We have a better chance at going toe-to-toe with McCain than Romeny.

crazyfacedjenkins
01-30-2008, 09:43 AM
I have to say that I hate the nicknme 'mittens' for romdroid...it makes him seem kinda lovable and harmless and he aint.

HAHAH, I was laughing at it, but romdroid is good, hahahha

terlinguatx
01-30-2008, 09:44 AM

crazyfacedjenkins
01-30-2008, 09:45 AM
The Ghoul has got to be the best nick name I've heard, Hitlery is runner up.

acptulsa
01-30-2008, 09:45 AM
Yeah, but we still need Romney and Huckabee to steal delegates so the warmonger doesn't go into the convention with 51%. We also need Huckabee to educate our future supporters and to win enough states before he drops out that all the delegates we're putting in place are released and can vote for him (thus making the five state rule).

We're still in this because the field is so crowded. The field is so crowded because the warmonger isn't the only imperfect candidate. We have nothing to fear from Romney, either, if he takes it from McCain.

In fact, the only thing we have to fear is fear itself--the sheeple's fear of throwing their votes away and our fear of losing causing us to give up on the cusp of victory. Those two fears are our most formidable foes. Fight them!

Daveforliberty
01-30-2008, 09:46 AM
McWar will hang himself. There's already enough material to put together commercials consisting only of McCain quotes: "Bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb Iran", "100 years in Iraq", "sorry folks there will be more wars", etc. It will be easy to make the American people see McCain for what he really is--a lunatic. And at the end of the commercial, the Statesman, Ron Paul, calling for America to regain the moral authority it has lost.

It's gonna be a great few months...

VoluntaryMan
01-30-2008, 09:47 AM
I have to say that I hate the nicknme 'mittens' for romdroid...it makes him seem kinda lovable and harmless and he aint.

How about "Rat-boy Willard"? Better?

mconder
01-30-2008, 09:56 AM
I agree. We have a better chance at going toe-to-toe with McCain than Romeny.

Your obviously underestimating the power of stupid.

painter4Ron Paul
01-30-2008, 09:56 AM
McWar now that is a PERFECT nickname!

VoluntaryMan
01-30-2008, 09:59 AM
Your obviously underestimating the power of stupid.

Please, explain.

DAFTEK
01-30-2008, 10:01 AM
Can someone make us a McWar anty sign? like the no smoking signs? id love that for avatar and a tshirt print out :D

randomname
01-30-2008, 10:09 AM
It would be way easier to win against McCain vs. against Romney.

Remember, half of the people who vote for McCain think he is against the war and anti-Bush

I dont think Romney and Huck wil drop out until after Super Tuesday though :(

jnpg
01-30-2008, 10:25 AM
Flip Romroid def. will stay in- to the bitter end- no $ worries for him.
I agree that McWar is the easier for RP to beat. I can't even believe he is getting the kind of traction that he is.

jblosser
01-30-2008, 10:28 AM
It's easier to go against McCain than Romney, but we don't get to _not_ go against Romney unless he actually drops out, and that isn't happening. As long as he's in, a lot will go for him as a better chance to beat McCain than Paul. Of course, this is where Romney dumping millions into each state and not winning helps a lot. At some point people may yet remember that conservatives only win when they are conservatives.

mosquitobite
01-30-2008, 10:29 AM
Flip Romroid def. will stay in- to the bitter end- no $ worries for him.
I agree that McWar is the easier for RP to beat. I can't even believe he is getting the kind of traction that he is.

McCain is won in open primary NH, and Florida where Dems crossed over to Republicans because their delegates don't count.

McCain can't take the base, so I do think Dr Paul has a better shot against him than Romney.

Every one of the Republicans I talk to can't stand McCain and they aren't even sure they'll vote for him against Hillary. How the polls show him close to her, I'll never understand. :rolleyes:

Jim_Karr
01-30-2008, 10:32 AM
Is it me or does anyone else think that McCain is gay closet or a pedophile? I watched alot of dateline and he seems to fit that look. Look at the way he acts and talks. There is something in his closet for sure. He gives off bad vibes. Maybe his war stance is to cover it up.

mosquitobite
01-30-2008, 10:34 AM
It's easier to go against McCain than Romney, but we don't get to _not_ go against Romney unless he actually drops out, and that isn't happening. As long as he's in, a lot will go for him as a better chance to beat McCain than Paul. Of course, this is where Romney dumping millions into each state and not winning helps a lot. At some point people may yet remember that conservatives only win when they are conservatives.

I heard a pundit talking today that the establishment GOP heads may request Romney to step aside so that the party can proceed forward. Not sure Romney would, but I know Dr Paul won't! :D

LynnB
01-30-2008, 10:44 AM
McWar will hang himself. There's already enough material to put together commercials consisting only of McCain quotes: "Bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb Iran", "100 years in Iraq", "sorry folks there will be more wars", etc. It will be easy to make the American people see McCain for what he really is--a lunatic. And at the end of the commercial, the Statesman, Ron Paul, calling for America to regain the moral authority it has lost.

It's gonna be a great few months...

I couldn't agree more!!

JS4Pat
01-30-2008, 10:51 AM
If after Super Tuesday the writing is on the wall for McWar vs Clinton in the general - Then we must go all out for an Independent Run. I'm not sure we will ever get this good an opportunity again. 2 Pro-War Washington Insiders who are both ethically and morally challenged vs the consumate Statesman with real substance and likeability.

mosquitobite
01-30-2008, 10:52 AM
I was discussing the Florida McCain win with a Republican co-worker today. This guy has been a true neo-con (anti-Paul) thus far. He and I debate a lot, but we're both Christian and, I think, debate the issues respectively.

Today I was venting about how conservative talk radio is putting McCain on some pedastal for winning FL (because it was a closed primary) but neglecting that thousands had changed registrations since the Democrats vote didn't count for delegates. This means McCain won just like he did in NH, not on the backs of the base, but from those across the aisle. :rolleyes: Talk radio was completely ignoring this fact.

So the co-worker asand I were discussing the possibility of a brokered convention and he mentions how he sure would love to hear Dr Paul speak at the convention! :D He said "he sure would let the Republicans know where they went wrong" I about passed out. He said he hopes his message stays in as long as it can!

To me, this shows that the base is completely not happy with any of their choices. The more that drop out, the more will be coming our way.

We should not be blaring the anti-war drum simply for the sake of being anti-war. These are the people we have to reach out to with how much the war is COSTING us, and its effect on the economy. ;) GOT THAT?!

mosquitobite
01-30-2008, 10:54 AM
If after Super Tuesday the writing is on the wall for McWar vs Clinton in the general - Then we must go all out for an Independent Run. I'm not sure we will ever get this good an opportunity again. 2 Pro-War Washington Insiders who are both ethically and morally challenged vs the consumate Statesman with real substance and likeability.

I actually agree. Not so much for the anti-war stance, but the conservative base won't be able to swallow McCain, and the liberal base won't stomach Clinton.

The problem will be convincing people Dr Paul has a shot. The polls will have to show him winning, or people will vote lesser of two evils simply for fear of the other evil.

jmho

Voluntaryist
01-30-2008, 10:58 AM
Romney = Strongbot

or

Romnotron

randomname
01-30-2008, 11:16 AM
Is it me or does anyone else think that McCain is gay closet or a pedophile? I watched alot of dateline and he seems to fit that look. Look at the way he acts and talks. There is something in his closet for sure. He gives off bad vibes. Maybe his war stance is to cover it up.

+1