PDA

View Full Version : College Blitz

pwnsey
08-05-2007, 12:38 AM
I read a post a while back about hitting up college campuses and I came up with a plan to successfully execute this plan.

First it can be noted that college campuses respect your freedom of speech and protest. Whether your setting up a table or passing out flyers, from my experience from taking campus tours, no one is going to stop you unless you could be causing danger to students.

We need to execute the campus-wide blitz within the first couple weeks of school when most students are likely to be roaming campus and finding their way around. This is also the time when students are going to find like-minded friends and groups.

Students need to find a few supporters to pass out flyers or setup a table somewhere on campus that is often frequented by a majority of students. Flyers should be from 1-800-Ron-Paul. The volunteers should also have voter-registration forms that can be handed out to prospective Ron Paul supporters. These would be a good idea to have because college students are around the age of 18-21 and many probably have not taken the chance to register to vote. Giving out the registration forms will be an active reminder that they need to do it.

Materials for a successful college blitz:

Slim Jim Flyers
Tri-Fold Flyers
Motivated and Friendly volunteers

I will be starting at San Diego State University on August 24th so you can expect a college blitz there. By volunteering to goto a college campus you will get the political message out to a very large amount of prospective voters. Ron Paul needs all the support he can get and this is an excellent way to get the word out about Ron Paul.

McDermit
08-05-2007, 12:23 PM
Yeah, it's a great idea.

0zzy
08-05-2007, 12:24 PM
I do, think it's a great idea. I want Ron himself to have himself a college tour, that'd be cool wouldn't?

pwnsey
08-05-2007, 02:54 PM
EDIT.
my bad didnt notice the other posts. I'm going o get in touch with the RP campaign and see if he can get a speech at y Uni

Jennifer Reynolds
08-06-2007, 04:14 AM
///

Badger Paul
08-06-2007, 06:53 AM
A college tour would be a great idea, especially in the early states like Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada, Wyoming and South Carolina. Lots of colleges to go to.

pwnsey
08-06-2007, 10:52 AM
Yeah I think that its a good idea. Once you get all the campaign materials together, let me know so we can get copies and stuff.

I think to start we want to target as many schools as possible, but we should focus our resources on public schools because they tend to be larger and because its public property your ability to gather will not be infringed.

exformation
08-06-2007, 12:05 PM
I would like to try to run something similar to this at my school (it's a private school though, so not really a good idea for being a stop on the college tour). I already know a few other Ron Paul supporters at my school, and I'm trying to increase that network via facebook before I physically arrive in a few weeks.

What I want to know is what are the essentials in order to increase awareness and generate support quickly and efficiently?

Bradley in DC
08-06-2007, 12:20 PM
I do, think it's a great idea. I want Ron himself to have himself a college tour, that'd be cool wouldn't?

I nominate Ozzy to organize a college tour (I think Dr. Paul did that in 1988). Any seconds to the nomination?

pwnsey
08-06-2007, 02:26 PM
What I want to know is what are the essentials in order to increase awareness and generate support quickly and efficiently?

Essentials:

Slim Jim Flyers
Tri-Fold Flyers
Voter Registration Packets
Knowledgeable Volunteers
Ron Paul's Written Works
Banner

Another thing that might help is having a laptop computer with access to Ron Paul Videos. This is not necessary but might help out.

The voter Registration Packets are essential. This will allow people to take action then and there.

Nefertiti
08-06-2007, 05:00 PM
Laptop playing videos is a good idea especially because students generally have a wireless connection on campus. I finished my PhD here last year but I have been in touch with a current student at my former university who is considering becoming the campus coordinator for RP and if he does something I may help him out some.

Jennifer Reynolds
08-06-2007, 06:14 PM
///

Jennifer Reynolds
08-06-2007, 06:27 PM
///

pwnsey
08-06-2007, 08:07 PM
Jennifer Reynolds makes an excellent point about the pro-life issue. This is definitly a way to lose support. However I think a majority of people will not vote based on a single issue.

I'd like to see those modified flyers when you have them available. Post them up here in the forums when your done.

The advantage of the slim jim flyers is that they can be freely obtained from the 1800RONPAUL number

Eric21ND
08-10-2007, 10:14 AM
Jennifer makes several great points. The pro-life position really choked me up for a while, and I really like Ron Paul. Took me sometime to reason it out. The only time pro-life should be mentioned in a flyer is when you're hitting up churches....other than that though AVOID that issue.

Each flyer should be attuned to the crowd you're aiming for. As a candidate, Ron Paul makes this relatively easy since everyone can take something they like about him. Not voting for the war and the patriot act should be played up to the college crowd. Maybe ending the drug war.