PDA

View Full Version : They're gathering forces

slacker921
01-30-2008, 08:17 AM
Maine.. they're getting ready for you now.. you'd better be ready for stunts like they pulled in Louisiana.

http://www.politickerme.com/attack-ronulans-701

" Republican insiders are quietly sounding the alarm across the State at the prospect of a Congressman Ron Paul win at the Republican caucuses to be held this weekend. Both Romney and McCain supporters and operatives are busily rallying the troops asking them to take a few hours to show up at the weekend caucuses
Still, it’s nice to see the Ronulans stir the pot and frighten the Republican establishment. "

thekeeper
01-30-2008, 11:51 AM
bump

nate895
01-30-2008, 02:28 PM
Este es muy importante. (translation: THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT).

SteveMartin
01-30-2008, 03:02 PM
My county is armed and ready, sir!

Pauls' Revere
01-30-2008, 03:32 PM
Maine.. they're getting ready for you now.. you'd better be ready for stunts like they pulled in Louisiana.

http://www.politickerme.com/attack-ronulans-701

" Republican insiders are quietly sounding the alarm across the State at the prospect of a Congressman Ron Paul win at the Republican caucuses to be held this weekend. Both Romney and McCain supporters and operatives are busily rallying the troops asking them to take a few hours to show up at the weekend caucuses
Still, it’s nice to see the Ronulans stir the pot and frighten the Republican establishment. "

LOL...I love it! we are the RONLUANS!!

Sandra
01-30-2008, 04:16 PM
Make damn sure that everyone there claiming to be on the Ron Paul slate are passing out papers with the correct names. Some will work the people walking toward the caucus and hand them flyers with other names on them but claim it's for Ron Paul.

Also watch for coalitions of "issue" delegates. Get the skinny on who they support (they're NOT going to tell) and urge voters to ask too. Their not giving a straight answer will turn the voter off from them. The truth is most of them are not supporters of the issue but misrepresent themselves.

Naraku
01-30-2008, 11:21 PM
I despise this stuff. Sometimes I wonder if the media just reports a possible success for Ron Paul to warn other candidates that they should take action to prevent it.

slacker921
01-30-2008, 11:55 PM
..but if they don't report it then people get the "he can't win" mentality. If they do report it then people are more likely to jump on the bandwagon (see Florida and how the media turned it into a McCain vs Romney show).

You're right though - Louisiana went afoul because the state GOP figured out that Paul actually had a shot at winning the thing and jumped in at the last minute with a little voter caging action.

tonyr1988
01-30-2008, 11:59 PM
Make damn sure that everyone there claiming to be on the Ron Paul slate are passing out papers with the correct names. Some will work the people walking toward the caucus and hand them flyers with other names on them but claim it's for Ron Paul.

Also watch for coalitions of "issue" delegates. Get the skinny on who they support (they're NOT going to tell) and urge voters to ask too. Their not giving a straight answer will turn the voter off from them. The truth is most of them are not supporters of the issue but misrepresent themselves.

If people can do that, we should make our own freaking issue slates.

The "Reagan Rocks" Slate
The "Maine is Very...uhh....Northern" Slate

slacker921
01-31-2008, 07:42 AM
The "Reagan Rocks" Slate
..... oh.. so you saw the flyer for the "pro-life/pro-family" slate in Louisiana, eh? It had a big pic of Reagan on it. So, that's already been done.

And I dare someone to run on the "Send my money to Iraq" slate. heheeh..

InLoveWithRon
02-01-2008, 06:02 AM
bump

freedom-maniac
02-01-2008, 06:09 AM
Este es muy importante. (translation: THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT).

Ja, ja, es ist sehr wichtig.

gregl26
02-02-2008, 02:06 AM
why dont we make up a RP list of delegates and then print the same delegates but put pro-life/pro-family on them. if we are gonna win we need to get dirty as well. with 2 diff lists of our delegates circulating we should do even better

DFF
02-02-2008, 02:53 AM
This part caught my attention, cuz' it's this exact same scenario (pro-life/pro-family) which fucked us in Louisiana.

Unless I am mistaken, there is a “straw poll vote” and the selection of delegates - who must remain uncommitted by party rule

Pro-Life/Pro-Family Part Deuce! :mad:

hueylong
02-02-2008, 02:55 AM
This has nothing to do with what happened in Louisiana. It's a completely different process.

DFF
02-02-2008, 03:02 AM

QFT!

slacker921
02-02-2008, 07:57 AM
http://www.seacoastonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080202/NEWS/802020335&sfad=1
notice the only results they give were of votes in freeport.

Do NOT let Romney win there.. . PLEASE.

Rangeley
02-02-2008, 08:06 AM
http://www.seacoastonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080202/NEWS/802020335&sfad=1
notice the only results they give were of votes in freeport.

Do NOT let Romney win there.. . PLEASE.
Those werent even the right results. There were 15 voters, 10 Romney 4 Paul 1 McCain. We even went over it a second time and there were only 15 voters. But of course this is only the straw poll, the delegate count (as said elsewhere) actually came out to be Paul 7 (4 from caucus, 3 likely appointed to fill empty spots) Romney 5, McCain 1.

libertythor
02-02-2008, 08:19 AM
Es demasiado importante que movilicemos a todos la gente que apoye a Ron Paul para que gane la contienda de Maine. :)

stevedasbach
02-02-2008, 08:35 AM
Those werent even the right results. There were 15 voters, 10 Romney 4 Paul 1 McCain. We even went over it a second time and there were only 15 voters. But of course this is only the straw poll, the delegate count (as said elsewhere) actually came out to be Paul 7 (4 from caucus, 3 likely appointed to fill empty spots) Romney 5, McCain 1.

Why are Paul delegates likely to be chosen for the empty slots?

Rangeley
02-02-2008, 08:38 AM
Why are Paul delegates likely to be chosen for the empty slots?
Because they are to be appointed by the town Republican chair, and we have 3 supporters who did not show up to vote but (according to someone in contact to them) are going to/have volunteered to fill them. Given the uncontested nature for those of us who became delegates there, I think its safe to assume that these empty spots will also be easy.

familydog
02-02-2008, 08:44 AM
I despise this stuff. Sometimes I wonder if the media just reports a possible success for Ron Paul to warn other candidates that they should take action to prevent it.

Yes. The Republicans and supporters of other candidates (see some at Huck's army) knows if everything went legitmately, we'd have no problem winning. We have them scared.

JS4Pat
02-02-2008, 08:47 AM

BTW - What is the status on Louisanna?

Opulen
02-02-2008, 10:52 AM
Just be watchful of any unusual event. Keep our heart burning for Liberty! Go Win Ron Paul!!

noztnac
02-02-2008, 11:02 AM
Interesting article:
http://www.10zenmonkeys.com/2007/05/24/justice-department-scandal-greg-palast/

wstrucke
02-02-2008, 11:19 AM
LOL...I love it! we are the RONLUANS!!

ronulans? (http://www.startrek.com/startrek/view/library/aliens/article/70706.html)

misconstrued
02-02-2008, 11:24 AM
And I dare someone to run on the "Send my money to Iraq" slate. heheeh..

LOL