PDA

View Full Version : So..... What happened in Oklahoma?

Sematary
01-30-2008, 06:36 AM
???

Give me liberty
01-30-2008, 06:39 AM
Good question.

Sematary
01-30-2008, 06:47 AM
Good question.

Anybody got an answer?

EricRAlbrecht
01-30-2008, 06:50 AM
We (Oklahoma) had our caucus. This is the process by which delegates are chosen to attend the various county conventions.

We still are a super Tuesday primary state. this was just a delegate thing.

Myerz
01-30-2008, 06:54 AM
Just a delegate thing....only delegates............. NO BIG DEAL?.....It's the only deal!

Sematary
01-30-2008, 06:57 AM
We (Oklahoma) had our caucus. This is the process by which delegates are chosen to attend the various county conventions.

We still are a super Tuesday primary state. this was just a delegate thing.

Ok - so now you've chosen your delegates. Are they bound or unbound? Is it winner take all or is it proportional. More info!!

OKRonPaul
01-30-2008, 07:26 AM
There are at least 1000 delegates in OK at this point, getting any sort of accurate picture of strength would be near impossible. It will be months till the additional county, district and state conventions are held to whittle that down to our 40 or so national delegates who are bound.

The few precincts who did report back all had Paul doing well. There are some threads in the Oklahoma sub forum with a few results.

acptulsa
01-30-2008, 07:53 AM
Little early to tell. After our caucus last night in the shadow of the beautiful Boston Ave Methodist Church (a stunning art deco cathedral) we compared a few notes by phone and found that those precincts that didn't hold caucuses were very well represented at the main (Tulsa) county meeting even though the state G.O.P. (bless their pea-pickin' little hearts) moved the location at the last minute. Many precincts did have caucuses, though, and we should be well represented at the county and state conventions. Few of the other campaigns bothered to caucus, and that bodes well for us.

I was just on my way to the Oklahoma section of the Super Tuesday header to see what I could find out about the rest of the state. Let me know how the debate goes tonight--I'll be busy on the phones trying to make the old folks see that if we don't nominate Ron Paul, the kids will abandon the G.O.P. and it'll die on the vine!

K1RBY
01-30-2008, 08:10 AM
i went last night. my wife and i are now delegates in cleveland county.

the RP turnout was HUGE.

i can assure you all that 75%+ of everyone there were RP people.

so now, when we go to our state convention to pick our state delegates, its almost certain all oklahoma state delegates will be RP people.

....now we are just hoping for a brokered convention.

jblosser
01-30-2008, 08:18 AM
how many rounds are OK delegates bound for?

liberteebell
01-30-2008, 08:21 AM

the RP turnout was HUGE.

so now, when we go to our state convention to pick our state delegates, its almost certain all oklahoma state delegates will be RP people.

This needs to be spread EVERYWHERE!

LibertyEagle
01-30-2008, 08:21 AM
God Bless my home state of Oklahoma. Way to go! :)

aymn27
01-30-2008, 08:36 AM

the RP turnout was HUGE.

That sounds great...but watch them steal it like they did here in Louisiana - we are up against a huge machine guys...think about it...the billions if not trillions of dollars at stake...

press on brother patriot...

gracebkr
01-30-2008, 08:52 AM
That sounds great...but watch them steal it like they did here in Louisiana - we are up against a huge machine guys...think about it...the billions if not trillions of dollars at stake...

press on brother patriot...

Oklahoma is less corrupt probably than Louisiana, no offense.

bomybomy
01-30-2008, 10:31 AM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=104832&page=10&highlight=oklahoma