PDA

View Full Version : RPOF Press release

ladyliberty
01-30-2008, 06:13 AM
This may or may not be in the right forum but I am steaming mad about this! :mad: I have highlighted the part that makes me want to scream like a banshee at these crazy people!!!!!!!!!!!!

Republican Party of Florida

For Immediate Release Katie Gordon

January 29, 2008 Contact: (850) 339-7087

Statement by RPOF Chairman Jim Greer: Floridians Voted YES on Amendment 1

St. Petersburg–Republican Party of Florida Chairman Jim Greer released the following statement tonight regarding the passage of Amendment 1:

“The people of Florida have spoken and they have made the choice of lower taxes. Over 430,000 Independent voters came out in support of a Republican tax cut and a Charlie Crist/John McCain-style message of meaningful tax relief for families and businesses. Amendment 1 preserves the American Dream of Homeownership by placing this critical reform in our State Constitution.

“This much-needed tax relief will put more money back in the pockets of hardworking Floridians across our state. Additionally, seniors looking to downsize and young families looking for an upgrade will have the ability to move to a home more fitting to their needs.

“The commitment of our Republican leaders has led to lower taxes for every Floridian. I congratulate Governor Crist, Lt. Governor Kottkamp, Republican leaders of the Florida Legislature, community leaders and so many other dedicated Floridians who worked tirelessly to make this tax relief a reality for the people of our state.”