PDA

View Full Version : For their PRECINCT WALKS/MAILERS, Anybody going negative on others?

Lord Xar
01-30-2008, 04:30 AM
Hey.

I will be doing mine tomorrow - friday and I am debating whether to put some choice tidbits about McCain and others. Even perhaps their "outted" webstites.

http://www.vietnamveteransagainstjohnmccain.com/
www.taxhikemike.org

etc....

what are the ones for McCain and Romney..

Do you think this could be a fair move in our handouts/mailers?

and Possible posting that the media is "choosing our candidates for us":

* Gave John McCain 85 times more coverage than Ron Paul
* Gave Rudy Giuliani 69 times more coverage than Ron Paul
* Gave Mitt Romney 59 times more coverage than Ron Paul
* Gave Mike Huckabee 32 times more coverage than Ron Paul
* Gave Fred Thompson 25 times more coverage than Ron Paul
* Gave Barack Obama 207 times more coverage than Ron Paul
* Gave Hillary Clinton 202 times more coverage than Ron Paul

Why is the media promoting the democrates AND McCain to such a degree? Will they continue the war, move it towards Iran, open borders, amnesty, big government, tax hikes.. why? McCain, Obama, Hillary, Guiliani (now dropped out) are all socially liberal, for amnesty and open borders, taxes and big government. They also have not ruled out attacking Iran.

Please give me your advice. I have a day to make a decision on this.

Xenophage
01-30-2008, 07:26 AM
A little contrasting won't hurt, but don't overdo it. You may alienate "on the wall" supporters of another candidate more easily than you can convert them to Paul.

When canvassing its important to understand how to profile people and determine very quickly what issues are important to them. You can also ask how they feel about certain candidates, and use their reactions to your advantage. If someone clearly hates John McCain, you'll make winning his support quite a bit easier by talking smack about McCain with him for a bit. People like to agree with one another, and once a precedent has been set for agreement between two people there is a psychological aversion to disagreeing later. People also like to agree with people they like, so be likable!

Mark
01-30-2008, 10:24 AM
Maybe more of a "comparison" handout than straight up attack would be good to sway people instead of taking a chance on alienating them.

slamhead
01-30-2008, 10:28 AM
Use this link:

http://www.knowbeforeyouvote.com/

jblosser
01-30-2008, 10:31 AM
Telling them the comparative media numbers won't matter unless they already feel affiliation with Paul on the issues or distrust all the MSM (including Fox; a lot of conservatives still think Fox News is not the MSM). Otherwise they just assume the media leaves him out because he's not worth talking about.

You definitely need to be able to point out to people where their chosen candidate isn't consistent with their main issues. Anti-War or Pro-Gun McCain people for example. But preemptively attacking them doesn't usually help.

Geronimo
01-30-2008, 05:33 PM
I wonder why a link to this thread was sent to me via a google news alert for Ron Paul.

Akus
01-30-2008, 05:49 PM
Hey.

I will be doing mine tomorrow - friday and I am debating whether to put some choice tidbits about McCain and others. Even perhaps their "outted" webstites.

http://www.vietnamveteransagainstjohnmccain.com/
www.taxhikemike.org

etc....

what are the ones for McCain and Romney..

Do you think this could be a fair move in our handouts/mailers?

and Possible posting that the media is "choosing our candidates for us":

* Gave John McCain 85 times more coverage than Ron Paul
* Gave Rudy Giuliani 69 times more coverage than Ron Paul
* Gave Mitt Romney 59 times more coverage than Ron Paul
* Gave Mike Huckabee 32 times more coverage than Ron Paul
* Gave Fred Thompson 25 times more coverage than Ron Paul
* Gave Barack Obama 207 times more coverage than Ron Paul
* Gave Hillary Clinton 202 times more coverage than Ron Paul

Why is the media promoting the democrates AND McCain to such a degree? Will they continue the war, move it towards Iran, open borders, amnesty, big government, tax hikes.. why? McCain, Obama, Hillary, Guiliani (now dropped out) are all socially liberal, for amnesty and open borders, taxes and big government. They also have not ruled out attacking Iran.

Please give me your advice. I have a day to make a decision on this.
Lord Xar, I honestly wish I could give you a solid Yes, do it or No, don't do it, but the reality is (to steall a line from 9iu11iani), is that you have to play it by ear. No one will tell you what works, you will only be told what works for you. If you think you can plug it in and thus change people's minds, knock yourself out. Some of us have a presense around them, some don't. Some guys can really talk and their delivery kicks ass, some don't. I am one of them, though I am still canvassing.

Just try it and if it doesn't stick, try something else.

deedles
01-30-2008, 05:51 PM
The most I say is

"there is no diffference between the parties anymore, it seems." I have had about ONE person disagree with me. My best friend. Big democrat. Thinks they are going to save the day. Likes DRP but won't vote for him because he's a republican.:rolleyes: