PDA

View Full Version : You guy's don't get it.

GunnyFreedom
01-30-2008, 02:44 AM
all the other campaigns are broke

Only Romney can afford to move in on us here

You say don't say this stuff where people can read it. I say bring em on. Let Romney fight and die in Alabama. There is nobody here but Ron Paul. If you want to win Dr Paul the Oval Office, you can do it right here, in Alabama.

ralucelom
01-30-2008, 02:47 AM
I had heard that the other candidates are strapped for cash, and its quite apparent mitt keeps writing himself 15million dollar c hecks.
I think his elitist image will overshadow any sort of "hardworking businessman" kind of thing he may be trying to convey.

Marc3579
01-30-2008, 02:49 AM
I agree with you Gunny, this is a campaign of attrition as the others drop out. Ron will be there standing tall...

derdy
01-30-2008, 02:56 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Results_of_the_2008_Republican_presidential_primar ies

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee273/RobertsRowdyRancher/nuff.gif

JoBurke
01-30-2008, 03:06 AM
Amen! - its just getting interesting! Keep the faith!

Agent CSL
01-30-2008, 03:09 AM
Lol I like on the Wiki. Uncommitted won in Louisiana. Niiice.

I knew this from the beginning of January. Ron Paul is the only candidate who can keep pushing until the convention. :D

rp08orbust
01-30-2008, 03:10 AM
Does anyone *know* that McCain is "broke"? How do we know he hasn't raised 10 million dollars in the last couple weeks.

coffeewithchess
01-30-2008, 03:14 AM
Huckabee is running a very conservative campaign from what I can tell and he will be in it for the long haul...Huckabee is also running a NATIONAL ad, so don't think he is flat broke, I don't think the Paul campaign is running any National ad yet, I hope they get on this very soon though.

Also, Huckabee was paying for a media bus during the 4th quarter, I wonder how many candidates actually pay for media coverage and if the RP campaign has thought about this...RP needs NATIONAL coverage before people will take him seriously.

GunnyFreedom
01-30-2008, 03:18 AM
Huckabee is running a very conservative campaign from what I can tell and he will be in it for the long haul...Huckabee is also running a NATIONAL ad, so don't think he is flat broke, I don't think the Paul campaign is running any National ad yet, I hope they get on this very soon though.

Also, Huckabee was paying for a media bus during the 4th quarter, I wonder how many candidates actually pay for media coverage and if the RP campaign has thought about this...RP needs NATIONAL coverage before people will take him seriously.

DAMMIT they are taking him seriously NOW all we need are bodies!!

luvthedoc08
01-30-2008, 03:19 AM
i hope people aren't daft enough to donate to mccain, hopefully all his votes are just because people think he's a viable candidate or something, wouldn't that be nice

dkim68
01-30-2008, 03:21 AM
Doesn't John McCain (the Republican party's chosen alpha-dog) essentially have unlimited contributions available to him from from lobbyists, corporations, hedge fund managers, PACs and the independently wealthy? I think if MSM and even McCain's campaign itself is reporting that they're broke, it's not true.

coffeewithchess
01-30-2008, 03:21 AM
DAMMIT they are taking him seriously NOW all we need are bodies!!

My friends at church and my wife's friends at her work ask the same question, "Why don't we hear about RP in the media?" or now after the media has talked about NH, SC and now it will be Florida, "RP didn't place really well in ????, why not?" Whatever state the media is talking about, while the media are ignoring states like Nevada and Louisiana...we are fighting the media at this point.

syborius
01-30-2008, 03:24 AM
Does anyone *know* that McCain is "broke"? How do we know he hasn't raised 10 million dollars in the last couple weeks.

Mccain was always broke, but being one of the establishments annointed ones, you gotta be insane to think he will run out of money.

coffeewithchess
01-30-2008, 03:26 AM
Mccain was always broke, but being one of the establishments annointed ones, you gotta be insane to think he will run out of money.

I'm telling you now, the Republican base doesn't like John McCain...now if you mean "media" by "establishment" then I agree.

GunnyFreedom
01-30-2008, 03:28 AM
pay attention folks:

Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday
Monday
VOTE

Now is not the time for "wait and see" Scotty and I have been making 1000 evangelical packs all night, because us two are it. Small help is dribbling in, and Matt is going to be huge huge for us. But if we don't hit them face to face we lose because they don't know who we are. If we do, we win because they are waking up like I have never seen. They are more receptive to Dr Paul than SC, NH, or IA put together. That's from personal experience in those states.

Don't let Fox News sell you another loss help Super Tuesday states RIGHT BLESSED NOW

We need bodies for the canvass. That's what we need. If you provide them, we win. If you don't, we go down like Rasmussen at 3%. Think about all that long and hard for a while.

derdy
01-30-2008, 03:33 AM
Lol I like on the Wiki. Uncommitted won in Louisiana. Niiice.

I knew this from the beginning of January. Ron Paul is the only candidate who can keep pushing until the convention. :D

Good looking out.

here's the link again peeps

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Results_of_the_2008_Republican_presidential_primar ies

That raises an interesting point. Here's the source of the entry in wiki

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/01/paul-alleges-bo.html

We need to dig and see if we can get the actual numbers for LA so we can see what the actual delegate count is.

I'm going to bed for now. Have at it! :D

Dave Pedersen
01-30-2008, 03:33 AM
Romney may be hard pressed to receive donations since he is known as being so wealthy. He may get tired of squandering his own money if he does not have a chance to win the nomination. Romney will not be foolish with his estate. If Romney fails to defeat McCain in many states next Tuesday he might just decide to drop out. This might be a fight between McCain and Paul.

War and amnesty against peace and sound economic policies.

There is still hope for victory.

GunnyFreedom
01-30-2008, 03:35 AM
My friends at church and my wife's friends at her work ask the same question, "Why don't we hear about RP in the media?" or now after the media has talked about NH, SC and now it will be Florida, "RP didn't place really well in ????, why not?" Whatever state the media is talking about, while the media are ignoring states like Nevada and Louisiana...we are fighting the media at this point.

look. You are still not getting it. The media is irrelevant. We have a 30% vote just laying on the ground here in Alabama just waiting for us to come along and pick it up.

Scotty was IN Iowa. He was IN South Carolina, Twice. The guy who helped lit blitz the basketball game tonight was IN New Hampshire. I was IN South Carolina.

None of us can believe what we are seeing here. Do you really want to wait for the media's approval before we pick up this vote?

Pick it up NOW and forget the media.

Mark
01-30-2008, 09:46 AM

You say don't say this stuff where people can read it. I say bring em on. Let Romney fight and die in Alabama. There is nobody here but Ron Paul. If you want to win Dr Paul the Oval Office, you can do it right here, in Alabama.

Someone get this warrior some assistance down there! Alabama people STEP UP!

mcgraw_wv
01-30-2008, 09:48 AM
Wins make money...
McCain will be in this till the end...

Him being out of money only means he can't advertise as much as he may want too... but make no mistake that he will likely get a full war chest of money after the Florida win.

Redcard
01-30-2008, 09:52 AM
Umm..

Banking on the unproven fact that the other candidates are broke is NOT a safe bet here.

Maybe huckabee is.. but I can't buy that Mitt and McCain are as well.

We need to focus on what IS in our control. Tomorrow, we're going to likely find out just how much money these guys really have, and basing our strategy on THEM doing, not doing ,having, or not having something.. is a stupid STUPID strategy.

Ron Paul Fan
01-30-2008, 09:54 AM
The only one who doesn't get it is the OP. First of all, you don't know that McCain is out of money and it doesn't really matter now that he's the consensus front runner and has all the national media coverage that comes with it. Nobody has the money to run an expensive campaign in 20+ states so national media coverage is very important and McCain has it. He'll get Rudy backers today. Huckabee is a little different story because he doesn't have any momentum and has very little money, but he's a non-factor. Paul doesn't have any media coverage because he hasn't won anything. You're really over emphasizing this money race.

terlinguatx
01-30-2008, 09:55 AM

acptulsa
01-30-2008, 10:05 AM
Doesn't John McCain (the Republican party's chosen alpha-dog) essentially have unlimited contributions available to him from from lobbyists, corporations, hedge fund managers, PACs and the independently wealthy? I think if MSM and even McCain's campaign itself is reporting that they're broke, it's not true.

Normally he would, but the G.O.P. base hates him and he will win precious few crossover votes, therefore, he could never win the general election. And since all these entities are trying to buy influence, the question becomes "What's in it for them?" Simply put, G.O.P. business as usual cannot and will not win in November (which is the selling point I plan to make on the phone bank tonight), and the business as usual mavens know what kind of influence they can buy from Dr. No--especially when they're bidding against us!

You've been wondering how Obama and Clinton have been getting all of that money? Now you know. Keep supporting!

JordanQ72
01-30-2008, 10:14 AM
If Romney fails to defeat McCain in many states next Tuesday he might just decide to drop out. This might be a fight between McCain and Paul.

It might be a fight between them in the general election, but not for the Republican party nomination. The moment Romney drops out after Feb 5th, it's absolutely over.

Redcard
01-30-2008, 10:21 AM
It might be a fight between them in the general election, but not for the Republican party nomination. The moment Romney drops out after Feb 5th, it's absolutely over.

Absolutely.

The only reason we're still here is because a clear winner is NOT present. The second a clear front runner becomes isolated up there in double digits , at nearly five or six or ten times our delegate count, it's over.

yongrel
01-30-2008, 10:30 AM
McCain won't be running out of money any time soon.

Voluntaryist
01-30-2008, 10:51 AM
Amen! - its just getting interesting! Keep the faith!

Quoted for truth.

Now is time to push even harder, to canvass even more, to push in all your preceints.

LETS DO THIS!

No1ButPaul08
01-30-2008, 10:58 AM
McCain won't be running out of money any time soon.

Yup, He's pulled in 10+ million since jan. 8. I imagine he will get a lot more after yesterday's victory. However, he did drop a lot of that 10 million into SC and FL.

RonRules
01-30-2008, 11:11 AM
Romney may be hard pressed to receive donations since he is known as being so wealthy. He may get tired of squandering his own money if he does not have a chance to win the nomination. Romney will not be foolish with his estate. If Romney fails to defeat McCain in many states next Tuesday he might just decide to drop out. This might be a fight between McCain and Paul.

War and amnesty against peace and sound economic policies.

There is still hope for victory.

McCain will only get more money if he's ELECTABLE. He can't win against Hillary.

Romney does not have infinite pockets. He's spent over 60 mil already and I'm sure his wife has something to say about it.

Huck is essentially out.

That leaves Ron Paul, with just enough money and lots of supporters spreading the message for free.

quickmike
01-30-2008, 11:24 AM
McCain doesnt need money since the MSM gives him millions and millions worth of free advertising portraying him as gods gift to the republican party.

Alot of you dont seem to understand that. The fact that McInsane doesnt have REAL cash doesnt mean much.

Ron needs REAL money to help overcome the media bias against him. Donate what you can NOW!!! Dont wait for money bombs. He needs the cash now and every single day that goes by diminishes any chances he has, unless he gets the cash he needs now.

Come on guys!!!

derekjohnson
01-30-2008, 11:24 AM
McCain was broke, but likely isn't any more. All the media attention and wins will lead to cash.

JordanQ72
01-30-2008, 11:37 AM
McCain will only get more money if he's ELECTABLE. He can't win against Hillary.

Romney does not have infinite pockets. He's spent over 60 mil already and I'm sure his wife has something to say about it.

Huck is essentially out.

That leaves Ron Paul, with just enough money and lots of supporters spreading the message for free.

Why are you spreading such blatant lies? You want to make arguments of donations and electability as a Ron Paul supporter? You're out of it...

Romney hasn't spent 60 mil of his own money, and Huck isn't out of it, and least not anymore than Ron Paul is.

And how can you claim Ron Paul has 'just enough money'? Just enough for what? To lose badly? If McCain and the Republicans are completely steamrolled by the Democrat nominee as you claim, then that person will easily have 20 to 25x as much money as Paul.

LukeNM
01-30-2008, 11:39 AM
Rush pounded on McCain yesterday and Hannity has been letting him have it too! I listen during lunch time just to see what they are up to.

Jae0
01-30-2008, 11:42 AM
Might have been said,. i havent read all the comments..

McCains recent wins will give him a big boost in fundraising.

thomaseusin
01-30-2008, 11:43 AM
Who cares who has money and who doesn't. If other campaigns' finances is the issue that motivates you then you're missing the point!!!

You want motivation? How's bout the motivation to spread the message! Geez...

quickmike
01-30-2008, 11:44 AM
Most republicans this year are just voting for the guy they think will closest resemble a democrat because they forsee a major STOMPING by Hillary/Obama. Most republicans have given up on any chance their party will win.

They see McCain as the most democrat republican.

Its as simple as that.

davidfarrar
01-30-2008, 11:46 AM

After Feb 5th, and Mitt drops out, it will only be McCain and Dr. Paul. It will be then Dr. Paul will win over the conservatives of the Party

Redcard
01-30-2008, 12:05 PM
After Feb 5th, and Mitt drops out, it will only be McCain and Dr. Paul. It will be then Dr. Paul will win over the conservatives of the Party

So you think there's some great plan to come back from impossible odds and suddenly win people over?

40% of the country votes in six days. The time for secret weapons is NOW. NOT after Feb 5th.

Look, we've said this all along. .wait til (insert state here), there's a big strategy at (insert state here.)

WE. NEED. TO. WIN.

Aren't you aware of what's happening? Don't you see what is going on?

We're LOSING. Now please, please please please.. stop distracting yourself with hidden plans and secrets and all this crap. This isn't "Survivor".

Now, we've been talking rope-a-dope for so long.. well, guess what? Here's the part where you do it.

Because if McCain wins on Super Tuesday, nothing is going to stop him.

Go out. Canvass. Canvass as if your life depends on it. Stop expecting something miraculous, because it's not going to happen.. or if it does, it's going to happen in the next five days.

GunnyFreedom
01-30-2008, 12:38 PM
hear here! Canvass as if your life depends on it. I am canvassing right NOW! I'm posting via iPhone. Canvass as if your liberty depends on it. It does!!!

GunnyFreedom
01-30-2008, 12:41 PM
Super Tuesday IS the secret strategy! To make it happen, the Super Tuesday states have to be canvassed like never before in history. Do we have the grassroots to make it happen or not?

blakjak
01-30-2008, 12:42 PM
I guess you haven't seen this graph?

http://www.ronpaulgraphs.com/rp_vs_huck_this_quarter.html

Redcard
01-30-2008, 12:47 PM
I guess you haven't seen this graph?

http://www.ronpaulgraphs.com/rp_vs_huck_this_quarter.html

I'm a little curious what that graph proves.

I mean, so what? He can raise more money.

Here's another graph.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/charts/2008_election_primaries/republican_primaries_chart.html

It'd be nice if beating Huck on Fundraising meant that our man got to be president, but if it was the Fundraising that determined it, it'd all be over anyway.

Let's focus on winning the VOTE.. not the money count.

JordanQ72
01-30-2008, 12:58 PM

I think you're slightly out of touch. When Romney drops out, unless he endorses Paul, McCain has enough delegates to win the nomination.

EVEN IF he could somehow transfer over all his delegates to Paul, Paul would need to win 70+% of the remaining delegates in a heads up with McCain starting the moment after Feb 5th, that means Feb 9th, he has to somehow jump from ~5% polling to ~70+% polling.

Even then, it's a long shot without Romney dropping out. Right now, McCain could possibly COMPLETELY LOCK UP the nomination by February 24th with Romney still in the race.

123tim
01-30-2008, 12:58 PM
I look at the Ron Paul vs. Mike Huckabee graph everyday. Today will be the first day in a long time that we're ahead of Huckabee.

I sometimes wonder if the Huckabee is broke rumor was started to lull us in to a state of comfort where we don't feel the need to check the graph and donate.

http://ronpaulgraphs.com/directory.html?number=0&list=huckabee

Please donate today!

RonPaulFTFW
01-30-2008, 01:01 PM
haha it doesnt matter!

everybody has been saying this.

McCain will be talked about EVERYDAY until super tuesday. We'll have to spend all our money just to get the word out.

That's what it means when you win the early MSM states.

The ran out of money thing only really applys to Huck and he'll probably stay in just to be a bastard.

123tim
01-30-2008, 01:03 PM
haha it doesnt matter!

everybody has been saying this.

McCain will be talked about EVERYDAY until super tuesday. We'll have to spend all our money just to get the word out.

That's what it means when you win the early MSM states.

The ran out of money thing only really applys to Huck and he'll probably stay in just to be a bastard.

I think that you're right. I really don't see any reason for him to drop out.

NinjaPirate
01-30-2008, 01:07 PM
I'm telling you now, the Republican base doesn't like John McCain...now if you mean "media" by "establishment" then I agree.

If he's so unpopular with the (R) base, then where are these votes coming from?

RonPaulFTFW
01-30-2008, 01:14 PM

In florida?
Hispanics.

That's the only reason he won.

Redcard
01-30-2008, 01:21 PM
Why don't you stop worrying about who likes or doesn't like John McCain.. because, honestly, he's winning.. we're losing.. and yelling out how much the Republican Base don't like him is getting a little old.

Ignoring the stupid comment about "Hispanics" being the reason he's winning, I'd like to remind people that he has won Florida, South Carolina , and New Hampshire, carrying over 33% of the voters.
http://www.thegreenpapers.com/P08/R.phtml

So can we please, please stop pretending like we're in a better position than we are, and can we please worry about how to get ourselves OUT of this position, and NOT how "fake" the other people's positions are?

coffeewithchess
01-30-2008, 01:22 PM

John McCain is unpopular with the Sean Hannity, Mark Levin, Rush Limbaugh people of the base...I visit their forums and the people in their forums say they won't vote if Huckabee or McCain get the nomination...they are now backing Romney as a last resort.

morerocklesstalk
01-30-2008, 01:24 PM
A win in Florida means nothing to me. I lived there and the Seniors will vote just based on appearance and the "nice" factor.

Redcard
01-30-2008, 01:27 PM
A win in Florida means nothing to me. I lived there and the Seniors will vote just based on appearance and the "nice" factor.

Yes, but everyone has had a damn excuse about every state, and I'm getting tired of hearing it. I mean, I believed we could win this thing. But if we're just going to run through all 50 states making up excuses of why we aren't going to win, can we just list them now so people can move on with their lives?

NinjaPirate
01-30-2008, 01:39 PM
John McCain is unpopular with the Sean Hannity, Mark Levin, Rush Limbaugh people of the base...I visit their forums and the people in their forums say they won't vote if Huckabee or McCain get the nomination...they are now backing Romney as a last resort.

Ah, now I see, thanks!

Now, I have another question. Those same people hate Paul. If they unleash the smear bombs on McCain, how will it help us?? Aren't we in the same boat with McCain when it comes to THAT part of the (R) base??? All those people you've mentioned called RP a "kook," "moonbat," etc.

NinjaPirate
01-30-2008, 01:40 PM
blowhole

Bilgefisher
01-30-2008, 01:45 PM

Gunny, I fully respect your posts on here. Please take with a grain of salt. I think it is fool hearty to say Ron Paul campaign is flush with cash. Yes he is one of the top fund raisers, but he has less then 12 million in the bank. 8 million plus as of Jan 1st, plus the 4 million we have raised in January. The Ron Paul campaign has raised 30 million so far. So at the bare minimum he has spent 18 million. I suspect he has spent far more then that. I can only speculate, but I bet he has less then 6 million in the bank right now.

morerocklesstalk
01-30-2008, 01:55 PM
Yes, but everyone has had a damn excuse about every state, and I'm getting tired of hearing it. I mean, I believed we could win this thing. But if we're just going to run through all 50 states making up excuses of why we aren't going to win, can we just list them now so people can move on with their lives?

I agree there is an excuse for every state. We are in a Republican party that is really no where near its original principles and people don't care. I think RP could easily get higher percentages running independent than he does in the Republican primaries.

I don't see why people act as if talking about a 3rd party run makes you a traitor.

mosquitobite
01-30-2008, 02:14 PM
I agree there is an excuse for every state.

Every state is different. Every person canvassed is different. It's what makes America great.

I think so many people focus on what works in one state, or by the types of people surrounding them, they forget that each state IS different! Yes they all want liberty, but how do we package it to them?

In Florida, did we canvass old people neighborhoods and tell them Ron Paul's plan for social security?

In Kentucky, are we canvassing and informing people of issues important to them?

I've mentioned before this is a red state/blue state campaign. We can win both, but NOT with the same message!

Johncjackson
01-30-2008, 02:16 PM
Maybe YOU don't get it. When people win, they get money. Usually you raise money, and you get more money from spending that money. Doing well in primaries= more money. Not doing well= slowdown, especially if people are burnt out from events and gimmicks.

It's nice that RP had ( wouldnt say HAS because hes spending it) a nice money cushion, but that wont help if someone wins big on Tuesday.

This is PRIMARY fundraising. If one of these "broke" guys wins primaries, the floodgates open for the general election.

GunnyFreedom
01-30-2008, 02:50 PM
instead of looking for excuses why he will lose, why not get on your feet and help him win? That's what I want to know!