PDA

View Full Version : What part of, "No Intentions" do people NOT understand?

josh24601
01-30-2008, 01:28 AM
Deal with it already and move on, please.

ClayTrainor
01-30-2008, 01:30 AM
dude, it will be discussed again.. its inevitable.

giuliani said he was in this til super tuesday the other day, and now he's dropping out. It's all about strategy.

i beleive ron paul is considering it but doesn't want to give anyone that impression, for strategic reasons

John P Slevin
01-30-2008, 01:35 AM
The title of this thread is misleading. Ron Paul never has said that.

I'm amazed at those who find something good or valuable within the GOP. It's a criminal enterprise.

josh24601
01-30-2008, 01:44 AM

You make things up just as much as the Huckster I think.

Ron Paul on Glenn Beck:

GLENN: Will you run as a third candidate if you done get the nomination?

PAUL: No, I donít want to do that. I have no plans of doing that. This is a tough enough job right now.

GLENN: Really? Well, why is that? You donít think ó I mean, if it was McCain and Clinton, you donít think there would be a lot of people going, well, jeez, I canít vote for either of them?

PAUL: I think itís the system that bothers me the most. You know, the job of getting on the ballot, I probably spend millions of dollars and half of my effort just wondering if I could even get on the ballot. Then the debates wouldnít be available to me and you probably wouldnít have me on your program or something.

GLENN: Yes, I would.

PAUL: I wouldnít be a major party.

GLENN: Yes, I would. Yes, I would. You know what, Iím very offended by some of your supporters because they always say that, you know, I wonít listen to you or I wonít have you. Iím probably the guy on talk radio, mainstream talk radio that will at least say I agree with you on a lot of things. I just disagree with you vehemently on others.

PAUL: And I appreciate that.

GLENN: I mean, you know, we just ó I just happen to disagree with you, but I respect you, sir, for your opinion. I have said this, you know, behind your back. So let me say it to your face. I think you are the closest we have running to a founding father. You seem to be the only guy who has actually read the federalist papers. So I appreciate your efforts, sir.

I'm amazed at those who find something good or valuable within the GOP. It's a criminal enterprise.

Hmmm. Have you asked RON PAUL why he's a Republican?

Is anybody else seeing how many people are in this movement because of very little having to actually do with Ron Paul or his message at all????

gaazn
01-30-2008, 01:46 AM
if RP doesn't want to run third party, then his delegates might choose someone else who will. If they nominate him, will he run? if we elect him, will he serve?

chowdy
01-30-2008, 01:50 AM
A Paul/Kucinich ticket would be both unprecedented and amazing. We can dream, can't we?

And yes, I know that Kucinich is nothing like Paul except when it comes to foreign policy and integrity.

driller80545
01-30-2008, 01:51 AM
RP is also running for republican congressman in Texas. He can't run an independent campaign and a republican campaign at the same time.

nodope0695
01-30-2008, 01:53 AM
Ron Paul has said that he has no intentions of running a third party ticket. What part of that is not understood by some people? Here is an example (completely rhettorical, of course):

Annoying Person: "Ron, do you plan to run as a third party?"

Ron Paul: "I have no intentions of doing that. I'm in for the long haul as long as my supporters keep giving me money and support."

Annoying Person: "So, does that mean you might run as a third party?"

Ron Paul: "Like I said, I have no intentions."

Annoying Person: "So, you're leaving the option open..."

Ron Paul: "Uhhh, no intention."

Annoying Person: "So, no means yes?"

josh24601
01-30-2008, 01:54 AM
RP is also running for republican congressman in Texas. He can't run an independent campaign and a republican campaign at the same time.

Things like this will not dissuade the thirdpartyers. They do not care what Ron Paul actually says on the subject, and they don't care about facts, they are itching for somebody to run third party and have latched onto Ron Paul as their man.

As long as they vote for him I suppose it's good, but their interests are not for what's best for Ron Paul or his message and that bothers me.

josh24601
01-30-2008, 01:54 AM
Ron Paul has said that he has no intentions of running a third party ticket. What part of that is not understood by some people?

Ron Paul: "I have no intentions of doing that. I'm in for the long haul as long as my supporters keep giving me money"

You forgot: "RUN ON A THIRD PARTY TICKET WITH KUCINICH LOLZ

Perry
01-30-2008, 01:57 AM

He hasn't? He has said on numerous occasions that third parties don't get a fair shake. That means he won't do it unless it's what his supporters want. Imo people who want Paul to run third party don't have enough respect for the man. Third party gets a democrat in office. Running as a Republican is the only plausible way for a Paul win. I don't know about anyone else but I'm not voting for Ron Paul just so I can see Obama or Hillary in office. RON PAUL CANNOT WIN ON A THIRD PARTY TICKET!! IT'S NOT POSSIBLE!!

nodope0695
01-30-2008, 02:01 AM
Ron Paul has said that he has no intentions of running a third party ticket. What part of that is not understood by some people? Here is an example (completely rhettorical, of course):

Ron Paul: "I have no intentions of doing that. I'm in for the long haul as long as my supporters keep giving me money and support."

theseus51
01-30-2008, 02:04 AM
Look at it from Ron Paul's point of view. He doesn't even like running for President. He said he tried a third party before, and didn't like it then. Nothing in life is guaranteed, and something drastic could happen that would make him want to be a 3rd party candidate, but it's very unlikely anything that drastic would happen. That's why he always says he's 99.99% sure he's not running for a 3rd party. Nothing is guaranteed in life, but he's not planning on anything past the GOP primary. And I believe him.

Put yourself in his shoes. He's probably tired of campaigning. He likes the attention he got, and is amazed at all his new supporters. But at the end of the day, he's a very reluctant politician, and doesn't want to be flying around the country for the next 10 months, running for President. He said it's hard to get on ballots, and since you can't get into the debates, what's the point? He knows he'll just be ignored by the media, and figures in the end, he'll get just enough votes to beat the margin of error.

He doesn't "owe" his supporters a 3rd party run. He's never hinted that he would run 3rd party if his GOP bid fails. He's been in dozens of nationally televised debates, and gotten his message out to a large crowd. Most people who don't care about politics, won't care about his views. Those that do care, already know about his platform and ideas. So yeah, I suspect he is being honest every time he says "I have no intention of running". We trust Ron Paul on everything else, let's trust him on that.

jrich4rpaul
01-30-2008, 02:04 AM
Now or never guys. Stop relying on a 3rd party run and some miraculous Rocky Balboa comeback.

http://voters.ronpaul2008.com

GoRon2008
01-30-2008, 02:05 AM
if ron doesnt run 3rd party OR pick a great vice president, its over. we will not win. face facts.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-30-2008, 02:06 AM
Ron has dropped two strong hints that he will run independent in the last week. One at the debate, and another in his Progress video.

He is 72 years old. This is his last chance to run the presidency, so please stop this anti independent run bullshit.

jrich4rpaul
01-30-2008, 02:06 AM
it's now or never!

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-30-2008, 02:07 AM
Now or never guys. Stop relying on a 3rd party run and some miraculous Rocky Balboa comeback.

Dude, please wake up to reality. Ron himself said on national TV (CNN) that "it's a safe bet" he will not be the GOP nominee. What part of reality are you having trouble coming to grips with?

The problem is not Ron. The problem is the GOP. It's a sinking ship.

Feelgood
01-30-2008, 02:07 AM

He has no intention of running third party...my God, are these forums being taken over and infiltrated by the MSM? Is that whats going on?!?!?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Z4jJPrD0ApA

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-30-2008, 02:09 AM
I sense some GOP trolls here attempting to keep Ron from running independent.

jrich4rpaul
Dude, please wake up to reality. Ron himself said on national TV (CNN) that "it's a safe bet" he will not be the GOP nominee. What part of reality are you having trouble coming to grips with?

Alright, I'll just sit around and wait until he runs 3rd party to start canvassing and donating.

Shit, I've been doing this wrong the whole time.

josh24601
if ron doesnt run 3rd party OR pick a great vice president, its over. we will not win. face facts.

Oh well... since he said he doesn't want to run third party (TO ANYBODY WHO LISTENS) I guess it's pick a great VP or see ya in 4 years.

Never mind taking a boatload of delegates to a GOP convention where it will A) either be brokered and all bets are off or B) half the place is in revolt over McCain being the nominee (which is what he talks about every chance he gets).

Honestly does anybody actually listen to the man or just spam forums about what you imagine you'd like him to be saying?

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-30-2008, 02:11 AM
Alright, I'll just sit around and wait until he runs 3rd party to start canvassing and donating.

Shit, I've been doing this wrong the whole time.

Dude, I'm still donating and canvassing, but I have a realistic view of WHY we are doing this. We need to do well in this primary to continue to build up strength for Ron's independent run. At least with my view, there is hope. If you tie your hopes to the GOP nomination, you will be sorely disappointed.

nodope0695
01-30-2008, 02:11 AM
Ron has dropped two strong hints that he will run independent in the last week. One at the debate, and another in his Progress video.

He is 72 years old. This is his last chance to run the presidency, so please stop this anti independent run bullshit.

Dude, its still early. Why not see about a brokered convention? If he goes indy, he'll never get any coverage at all, I mean he'll get LESS than he's getting now. He'll never get on any further debates. Wait until we see what happens at the convention. No matter what CNN and Fox is saying, there in NOT yet a "clear frontrunner". Super Tuesday should prove very interesting.

Shink
01-30-2008, 02:13 AM
Dude, its still early. Why not see about a brokered convention? If he goes indy, he'll never get any coverage at all, I mean he'll get LESS than he's getting now. He'll never get on any further debates. Wait until we see what happens at the convention. No matter what CNN and Fox is saying, there in NOT yet a "clear frontrunner". Super Tuesday should prove very interesting.

I just hope to hell Ron picks up a good chunk of delegates and preferably wins at least a couple states, for the sake of my morale. This campaign has been about as draining in a shorter amount of time as all the time I wasted in the military.

josh24601
01-30-2008, 02:13 AM

I sense some GOP trolls here afraid of REAL REPUBLICANS who want to make sure we have nothing to do with the NeoGOP and are cast out into the cold night with Ralph Nader and this guy: Fort Lauderdale Man Runs For President (http://www.nbc6.net/news/15158422/detail.html)

nodope0695
01-30-2008, 02:14 AM

While I agree the GOP is a sinking ship, the fact remains that we live in a two party system, and if a person wants exposure, he's got to play within those limits.

I'm getting out of the GOP after the primary in MD, but I'm still going to canvas and wave signs for RP, just as an independent myself.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-30-2008, 02:16 AM
I sense some GOP trolls here afraid of REAL REPUBLICANS who want to make sure we have nothing to do with the NeoGOP ....[/URL]

Yeah, and how's that working out? :rolleyes:

Open your eyes and realize that the GOP is a piece of shit party that is infested with big-government warmongers, big-spenders, and "moral police."

nodope0695
01-30-2008, 02:16 AM

+1 Amen

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-30-2008, 02:18 AM

A brokered convention is very unlikely. And even more unlikely is the idea that it would in any way benefit Ron Paul. We will know soon enough.

Drknows
01-30-2008, 02:21 AM
hey they have valid points. im pretty sure he wont run third party but what do you expect when Ron Paul keeps sending his supporters mixed messages? He could just NO WAY! but he leaves that door open.

nodope0695
01-30-2008, 02:23 AM
A brokered convention is very unlikely. And even more unlikely is the idea that it would in any way benefit Ron Paul. We will know soon enough.

You must not have gotten the letter from Ron Paul wherein he states:

"For one thing, for the first time since 1952, we are headed towards a brokered convention. Instead of a coronation of one of the establishment candidates, the delegates, influenced by the people, will decide. And I am afraid that this will take place in a time of heightened economic crisis. That means even more Americans will be ready to hear our message. But it also means I am really going to need your help."

Here's the link to the entire letter. Please read it, it will get you fired up. And, be sure to become a precinct leader.

http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/RonPaul2008/~3/224891304/message-from--2.html

josh24601
01-30-2008, 02:23 AM
Yeah, and how's that working out? :rolleyes:

Open your eyes and realize that the GOP is a piece of shit party that is infested with big-government warmongers, big-spenders, and "moral police."

Um, it's infested with Ron Paul too.

WHY DOESN'T ANYBODY ASK HIM WHY HE'S BEEN A REPUBLICAN FOR THE VAST MAJORITY OF HIS LIFE. Seriously, I am beginning to really realize how many of his supporters could care less about anything he actually says. THIS IS NOT ABOUT YOU.

I am getting sick of the liberal third party diehards that have latched on to Dr. Paul and have zero interest in any type of conservative government but need a Kucinich with money.

Maybe I should stop caring about cyberspace and go to sleep....

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-30-2008, 02:27 AM
Um, it's infested with Ron Paul too.

WHY DOESN'T ANYBODY ASK HIM WHY HE'S BEEN A REPUBLICAN FOR THE VAST MAJORITY OF HIS LIFE. Seriously, I am beginning to really realize how many of his supporters could care less about anything he actually says. THIS IS NOT ABOUT YOU.

I am getting sick of the liberal third party diehards that have latched on to Dr. Paul and have zero interest in any type of conservative government but need a Kucinich with money.

Maybe I should stop caring about cyberspace and go to sleep....

Liberal??? What the FUCK are you talking about? I guarantee I have been a conservative longer and more passionately than you have. You seem to have no clue about the realities of this race or the GOP.

literatim
01-30-2008, 02:29 AM
Liberal??? What the FUCK are you talking about? I guarantee I have been a conservative longer and more passionately than you have. You seem to have no clue about the realities of this race or the GOP.

I don't care what you are. Go crawl back into the hole you came from.

josh24601
01-30-2008, 02:34 AM

It's hard to tell, and I'm glad I'm wrong, and while I share in your disdain for what the GOP has become, you need to see what I see and more importantly, what Ron Paul sees (listen to him when he talks about it). And that is that the GOP is in a moment of crisis, there is a very real battle about what its identity is going to be for the next few decades. Listen to any conservative (real or imagined) talk show... Hell, the GOP paragon himself Rush Limbaugh has said flat out that if McCain gets the nomination the GOP will be forever destroyed. That is not insignificant. Rush freakin' Limbaugh is calling the current GOP front runner a threat to the GOP itself.

We aren't making this up... Ron has been a Republican nearly all of his life because he sees something that you don't. I'm glad you support him and that you believe in the philosophies of government that he does. But there's never been a better opportunity to take this message to the mainstream, and it's baffling how some people want to retreat back to the fringe at this moment, when the opportunity to take the GOP back (over a solid amount of time with continued organization and dedication) is at hand in a way it has never been in a very long time.

A large part of the GOP is horrified of John McCain being the Republican nominee. All of the remaining candidates are suddenly riveted with talking about "inflation" (as if they have a clue what it means). That should tell you all that you need to know.

To go back to the fringe now would be to throw away everything that is being gained.

Perry
01-30-2008, 02:37 AM

I sense some individuals here not basing their decisions on reality.
Ron will run where he has the greatest chance to succeed. It's how he was elected to congress for ten terms and it's how he chooses to run now.
I think Ron Paul knows a little something about getting elected.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-30-2008, 02:38 AM
It's hard to tell, and I'm glad I'm wrong, and while I share in your disdain for what the GOP has become, you need to see what I see and more importantly, what Ron Paul sees (listen to him when he talks about it). And that is that the GOP is in a moment of crisis, there is a very real battle about what its identity is going to be for the next few decades. Listen to any conservative (real or imagined) talk show... Hell, the GOP paragon himself Rush Limbaugh has said flat out that if McCain gets the nomination the GOP will be forever destroyed. That is not insignificant. Rush freakin' Limbaugh is calling the current GOP front runner a threat to the GOP itself.

We aren't making this up... Ron has been a Republican nearly all of his life because he sees something that you don't. I'm glad you support him and that you believe in the philosophies of government that he does. But there's never been a better opportunity to take this message to the mainstream, and it's baffling how some people want to retreat back to the fringe at this moment, when the opportunity to take the GOP back (over a solid amount of time with continued organization and dedication) is at hand in a way it has never been in a very long time.

A large part of the GOP is horrified of John McCain being the Republican nominee. All of the remaining candidates are suddenly riveted with talking about "inflation" (as if they have a clue what it means). That should tell you all that you need to know.

To go back to the fringe now would be to throw away everything that is being gained.

Dude, again, you don't seem to understand the realities of the GOP. The party is infested and controlled by warmongers and Christians. The warmongers will never accept Ron message of non-interventionism, and the Christians will NEVER, EVER, EVER accept his plans to legalize drugs and prostitution.

The problem is not Ron. The problem is the GOP.

all J's in IL for RP
01-30-2008, 03:07 AM
Dude, again, you don't seem to understand the realities of the GOP. The party is infested and controlled by warmongers and Christians. The warmongers will never accept Ron message of non-interventionism, and the Christians will NEVER, EVER, EVER accept his plans to legalize drugs and prostitution.

The problem is not Ron. The problem is the GOP.

Care to crosspost and see what these people have to say?

http://www.christiansforronpaul.com/

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-30-2008, 03:34 AM
Care to crosspost and see what these people have to say?

http://www.christiansforronpaul.com/

Uh, yeah... I will ask all three members. :rolleyes:

If you think the "Christian conservatives" or the "Evangelical" base of the GOP will support a person who wants to legalize heroin, cocaine, weed and prostitution, you are delusional.

Conza88
01-30-2008, 03:37 AM
What part of: "When you are running against the system, sometimes you have to play it..." don't you understand?

What part of: "If he was to give even an inclining that he would run 3rd party or independent, his Credibility as a Republican would PLUMMET..." don't you understand?

What part of: "Thinking that Ron Paul's potential run as 3rd party or Independent is NOT synonymous with a decreased canvassing & successful other candidate supporter conversion rate..." don't you understand?

What part of: "IF you think Ron Paul is GOING TO TURN HIS BACK ON THE REVOLUTION, YOU"RE A FUCKEN IDIOT..." don't you understand?

If you want to spread lies, i.e RP ain't running independent or 3rd party, you ain't helping. It kills morale asshole. If it gets more ppl to digg in harder and canvass more, all for the best. But there is such a thing as blowback.. Right?

RP WILL run as Independent or 3rd party. I BET MY FUCKEN LIFE ON IT.

Come on, bet yours that he won't. I fken dare you. I'll subscribe to this and we'll be back in a few months. Then I'll say, I told you so. OR I won't have too.. cus RON PAUL has the GOP nomination. You bloody know it!

all J's in IL for RP
01-30-2008, 03:45 AM
If you think a third party run will be anything but a waste of everyone's time and money, right back at 'ya.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-30-2008, 03:46 AM
You must not have gotten the letter from Ron Paul wherein he states:

"For one thing, for the first time since 1952, we are headed towards a brokered convention. Instead of a coronation of one of the establishment candidates, the delegates, influenced by the people, will decide. And I am afraid that this will take place in a time of heightened economic crisis. That means even more Americans will be ready to hear our message. But it also means I am really going to need your help."

Here's the link to the entire letter. Please read it, it will get you fired up. And, be sure to become a precinct leader.

http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/RonPaul2008/~3/224891304/message-from--2.html

I already read the message. Ron does not have a crystal ball any more than others do. He has no way of knowing whether the convention will be brokered, or if McCain will wrap it up rather quickly. If Romney drops out, it's all over. There will be no brokered convention. Even if Romney stays in, McCain could still get all the delegates he needs. A brokered convention looks far less likely today than it did yesterday, and again, even if the convention is brokered, how does that really benefit Ron Paul?????

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-30-2008, 03:48 AM
If you think a third party run will be anything but a waste of everyone's time and money, right back at 'ya.

If you don't support Ron outside of the GOP nomination, you should just leave now and spare yourself the heartbreak, because it aint gonna happen. Ron has already said that. The next step is an independent run. So get onboard, or get the fuck off the bus.

Conza88
01-30-2008, 03:54 AM
No dope... is a fken dope.

Obviously needs to look up what the word "intent" means in the dictionary.

Rp has no intentions of running third party "AT THIS TIME"..

Go watch EVERY SINGLE time he's been asked it.. HE LEAVES AN ESCAPE CLAUSE..

You're a deadshit, if you don't understand that if he admitted to it, or gave even a LITTLE inkling that he would run - that his CREDIBILITY would VANISH.. and the MSM would have a VALID reason to keep him out of the GOP DEBATES>...

FFS have you been drinking fluoride by the gallon? get some brain cells, or USE them...

All I've seen you do is spam he ain't running 3rd party. It's retarded. He will, and he'll win. (Independent)

all J's in IL for RP
01-30-2008, 04:05 AM
I travel 62 miles a day and spend practically every waking moment working to get the delegates Paul needs for this movement to be anything more than a fart in the wind. You sit on these f'ing boards all day posting crap about 3rd party runs. I don't think I can respond any further without using an ad hominem to that last one, Mr 2001 posts since December. I'll leave it at that.