Critiques?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5xBuy6zC66M

coffeewithchess
01-30-2008, 03:00 AM
bump

coffeewithchess
01-30-2008, 04:16 AM
bump...updated video ending.

Also, around 17 seconds into the video...does the screen go blank, audio playing but the picture isn't showing right away?

LibertyEagle
01-30-2008, 04:18 AM
Not sure. I like the premise, but I'm not sure if it will have the desired affect. When people are insulted, a lot of times they close off and don't let anything else in.

coffeewithchess
01-30-2008, 04:20 AM
Not sure. I like the premise, but I'm not sure if it will have the desired affect. When people are insulted, a lot of times they close off and don't let anything else in.

Do you have suggestions of making a good video...I can't really record audio, but I can take almost any YouTube videos and edit them together and/or add text to them.

coffeewithchess
01-30-2008, 12:49 PM
bump

KewlRonduderules
01-30-2008, 12:53 PM
I like the concept. Perhaps though you might want to suggest this maybe in a question format, e.g., are we like sheep? Calling people sheep can be viewed in a negative light.

coffeewithchess
01-30-2008, 01:02 PM
I like the concept. Perhaps though you might want to suggest this maybe in a question format, e.g., are we like sheep? Calling people sheep can be viewed in a negative light.

Yea, I didn't do the audio of it...I don't have a good audio software kit. The audio was from another YouTube video.

KewlRonduderules
01-30-2008, 01:04 PM
there might be some freeware or shareware programs that you could find on the internet. They usually have a 30 day trial period before purchasing.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-30-2008, 01:06 PM
Critiques?

I hate to say it, but I like them.

Here's what I don't like. People might view it as an attack on them, and I don't blame them. I get a little aggravated when I see people in here saying "How can we convert the sheep?" For starters, you (everybody, I mean) have to show people a little respect. You have to make an honest attempt at understanding someone if you'd also like them to come around to your views. Some people can fake insincerity. (politicians, for instance.) Some people can pick up insinceity better than others. People should understand that most of the people they call "sheep" are people who are busy with their lives, and many dropped out of politics because they saw themselves as having no measurable effect.

Also, think about this...

Mitt Romney: "Why would you vote for Paul, when he's running around calling you sheep because he doesn't think you're smart enough to make your own decisions. I have news for him. Americans are smart, we do make our own decisions, and together we can turn these things around instead of calling Americans stupid."

Here's what I do like about it. It's nice and simple. You see that ad a few times, and you know what it is. You know what words are coming. It would stick in people's heads. People would start repeating it.

I think an ad in that format could be very effective. But, I'd choose another topic or another way of approaching that topic.

I have a friend who's an amazing sales pro. He says people want to be treated like geniuses. I believe him. Think about these two opening statements...

"You're stupid. Here's why..."
"I think you're right about most of that, but let me add some pieces of the puzzle..."

I do love the simplicty and the format.

Rob
01-30-2008, 01:10 PM
Horrible....awful...as Shaq once said Horriawful.

You don't convince idiots and sheep to come to your side by calling them that!!!!!!

You may find 1 out of a 100 or so with whom these ads will work, but these will do MUCH MUCH more damage than good.

You need to appeal to idiot sensibilities in order to bring them on board. One major selling point is that you expect Ron Paul to win whatever state you're in. You can cite 2nd place finishes in NV and LA to support your "argument." Tell them he's best qualified to beat the Democrats. If they're liberal talk about he's the only candidate left who opposed the War in Iraq and the Patriot Act. I've actually gotten quite a few sheep to consider Ron Paul this way, it's surprising and disturbingly effective.

Never, ever, ever, ever call them idiots or sheep. All you will do is piss them off, and piss them off a lot!

coffeewithchess
01-30-2008, 01:18 PM
Good critiques...does anybody have a suggestion for making a video like this, but with RP repeating the same thing 3 times?

JS4Pat
01-30-2008, 01:25 PM

I agree - but I LOVE the idea of the sheep theme. It is powerful.

Maybe the voice should ASK- Are We a Nation of Sheep?

That gives the viewer the opportunity to think "I don't want to be a sheep" rather than "Who are you calling a Sheep?"

I would also use a more uplifting/soothing voice to ask the question.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-30-2008, 01:31 PM
Good critiques...does anybody have a suggestion for making a video like this, but with RP repeating the same thing 3 times?

Format-wise, I think you're really onto something.

Possibly, you could use some founding father type quotes... ones that are acceptable to everyone, not just the hardcore libertarian types.

Or maybe something focused on the ecomomy? Paul is extremely stong there, and all of us here know it.

I love the format/layout. Absolutely, I think it's a winner.

Neomatrix
01-30-2008, 01:36 PM
Maybe you should put a photoshop of Britney Spears eating a Big Mac, drinking a pepsi, while playing a video game on a sheep, with some bling around her neck, singing Eminem's you don't know on American Idol. Maybe drop in a few explosives for the neocons.

coffeewithchess
01-30-2008, 01:45 PM
Maybe you should put a photoshop of Britney Spears eating a Big Mac, drinking a pepsi, while playing a video game on a sheep, with some bling around her neck, singing Eminem's you don't know on American Idol. Maybe drop in a few explosives for the neocons.
LOL, sad but true to an extent...also, if somebody can help with scripting, I can work on putting together a 30second to 1minute YouTube video...

Rob
01-30-2008, 01:49 PM
Good Lord, this is a delusional thread.

Have any of you actually convinced any sheep to check out or promise to vote for Ron Paul?

coffeewithchess
01-30-2008, 01:54 PM
Good Lord, this is a delusional thread.

Have any of you actually convinced any sheep to check out or promise to vote for Ron Paul?

The answer is yes I have had people check out RP, but they are VERY VERY skeptical of him because they RARELY/NEVER hear the media talk about him.

Rob
01-30-2008, 02:21 PM
The answer is yes I have had people check out RP, but they are VERY VERY skeptical of him because they RARELY/NEVER hear the media talk about him.

Then why not attack the media instead of your intended audience?