PDA

View Full Version : Okay, I found it. My 7 minute Paul defense against biggest NeoCon AM Shill in SoCal.

Malum Prohibitum
01-30-2008, 12:56 AM
Finally, I found it. This call was placed today to the Roger Hedgecock show on KOGO in San Diego . I think I could have done ALOT better, share your thoughts please.

http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/18227/1h/cchannel.download.akamai.com/18227/podcast/SANDIEGO-CA/RHSD-IP/1%2029%2008%204pm.mp3?CPROG=PCAST&MARKET=SANDIEGO-CA&NG_FORMAT=personality&SITE_ID=4235&STATION_ID=RHSD-IP&PCAST_AUTHOR=Roger_Hedgecock&PCAST_CAT=Talk&PCAST_TITLE=Roger_Hedgecock_Podcast

My call begins at 23:58 into the segment.

ghemminger
01-30-2008, 12:59 AM
thks

luvthedoc08
01-30-2008, 01:01 AM
has no times on it for me, how far into the bar are you?

for example: ---------+------------------------

ghemminger
01-30-2008, 01:13 AM
NICE JOB MANN

ths dj is thick - a total ignorant fool - full of horse an cow manure

Malum Prohibitum
01-30-2008, 01:17 AM
has no times on it for me, how far into the bar are you?

for example: ---------+------------------------

Its roughly 2/3 of the way through.

firebirdnation
01-30-2008, 01:33 AM
You did an excellent job Duane, you should continue to call these shows!

BreakYourChains
01-30-2008, 01:37 AM
Good try. Now, since you have the recording, you can actually prepare answers to these questions. Sounds like all of the talk show hosts have the same talking points, so you did good. Now, you can perfect it, and shoot them down, instead of them shooting you down or trying.

Ex Post Facto
01-30-2008, 01:52 AM
Nice you stayed professional. You also made some very good points this DJ tried to spin.

Broadlighter
01-30-2008, 01:55 AM
I listened to the call. Hedgecock's main rationale for not believing in Ron Paul's monetary plank is that it was 'nutty' idea. One thing you failed to mention was that Reagan held a commission to look into the possibility of re-circulating gold as money. The commission went nowhere, but Reagan, at one time, considered it, so Hedgecock was wrong about that. He gave no reference to the gold as 'nutty' idea.

He basically just shouted you down, further painting Ron Paul as a marginal candidate. What's wrong with carrying Gold and Silver coins in your pocket? What's wrong with money that has value? The case for the failure of fiat currency is overwhelming.

The other argument about Congress regulating the value of money is that Congress is directly accountable to the people through the election process. The Federal Reserve is not accountable to anyone. This is a foundational concept for America. The Fed and its apologists will say that we shouldn't trust monetary policy to politicians. On the surface that sounds like a good idea, but what it's really saying is that we shouldn't trust monetary policy to the people.

Hedgecock is dead wrong on this.

zbus12
01-30-2008, 02:00 AM
You needed to tell him that Ron Paul wants to LEGALIZE the constitution which says only gold and silver is to be legal tender NOT PAPER! But what Ron advocates is legalizing competing currencies, like silver certificates. Ron Paul does NOT believe that we should carry around satchels of Gold coins or something. This is where is misunderstands his position and you need to set the record straight on this. Further, if there were a competing currency, it would eventually phase the FED out because people's money would have value once again and it would be represented by the market showing favor to the asset backed currency, and people would stop using federal reserve notes in favor of a money with value. Why do you think that the Feds seized the Liberty Dollar establishment? BECAUSE THEY KNOW THE FED WOULD GO UNDER IF PEOPLE USED ASSET BACKED CURRENCY! This guy did not have a proper view of Ron Paul's platform whatsoever. But what he did was capitalize on your weaker points of argument by attacking you, and then turned it into why Ron Paul was a whacko bull crap!

1. You need to set this dude straight on what Ron Paul will do in detail about monetary policy, about legalizing the constitution, the competing currencies, and the raid on the liberty dollar as an example of why the fed is spooked about people issuing currencies that are worth more than just paper.

2. Let him know that it was Kennedy that signed Executive Order 11110 that made silver certificate issuance as legal tender, then got shot 5 months after....coincidence??? I think not.

3. Read him this quote by Thomas Jefferson...

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their money, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them (around the banks), will deprive the people of their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."

then ask who controls everything these days?... Oh yeah, corporations and banks!

and this one by Ben Franklin...

"The refusal of King George III to allow the colonies to operate an honest money system, which freed the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators was probably the prime cause of the REVOLUTION."

Then ask this question, "How many credit cards do you own?... or should I say... How many credit cards own you?"

I would definatly call this sucker back and be firm and be ready to explain your points clearly...you can do it!

zbus12
01-30-2008, 02:12 AM
Oh and another thing....

what we have today is a fractional reserve banking system, that prints dollars, backed by nothing.

What we would have with Ron Paul is still a fractional reserve banking system, but the dollar would be fixed to a % of gold so it would restrict the amount of money that we could print, thus, maintaining the value of the dollar and limiting the government to spend within it's means and restoring the consumer's purchasing power.

zbus12
01-30-2008, 02:20 AM
On June 4, 1963 President John F. Kennedy signed Executive Order 11110 providing him with the authority "to issue silver certificates against all silver bullion, silver, or standard silver dollars in the Treasury not then held for redemption of any outstanding silver certificates, and to coin standard silver dollars and subsidiary silver currency for their redemption…" This seems like an attempt to bypass the Federal Reserve System by issuing real, silver-backed money to replace counterfeit Federal Reserve Notes. Kennedy was assassinated on November 22, 1963.

zakkubin
01-30-2008, 02:26 AM
Good job. It was annoying how he kept talking about the gold standard as being some out of this world idea and referred to Paul speaking about it in the 70's. When in reality if my memory serves me correct we had a gold standard until 1973. So Paul was likely warning this was a bad move.

Oh well these guys are so hard to talk to. They pick 1 topic they don't understand and just yell at people then hang up and rant about how crazy you are...

I

Malum Prohibitum
01-30-2008, 11:22 AM
Good job. It was annoying how he kept talking about the gold standard as being some out of this world idea and referred to Paul speaking about it in the 70's. When in reality if my memory serves me correct we had a gold standard until 1973. So Paul was likely warning this was a bad move.

Oh well these guys are so hard to talk to. They pick 1 topic they don't understand and just yell at people then hang up and rant about how crazy you are...

I

Yeah, its like they all went to the O'Reilly school of interviewing...