PDA

View Full Version : Would You sign the Constitution Today? - Vote Ron Paul.

2BFree
01-30-2008, 12:49 AM
Would You sign the Constitution Today? - Vote Ron Paul.

Arlo Guthrie'e endorsement of Ron Paul makes an excellent point...of all the candidates running, only Ron Paul could or would sign the constitution today

I would love to hear the other candidates, Republican, Democratic or Independent, take a pledge, that if elected, they would literally follow the mandates and dictum's of the constitution and would follow the constitutionally prescribed method to amend the constitution before passing any laws which might serve to alter, expand, restrict or abridge the plain language of the constitution.

I don't think any, except Paul could do it, although they all would have to.

2BFree
01-30-2008, 01:38 AM
Sorry, my first post is a little obtuse - specifically I would like Dr. Paul, in a public forum, to ask the other candidates to take the following pledge.

I, ____________________, pledge that if elected, I will literally follow the mandates and dictum's of the constitution and will follow the constitutionally prescribed methods to amend the constitution before signing into law, any legislation which might serve to alter, expand restrict or abridge the plain language of the constitution.

I think:
1. They would have to take the pledge, it would be political suicide not to. If they won't take the pledge - then how can they take the oath of office?
2. If they took the pledge, their positions, and voting records would be impossible to defend as every candidate except Paul, can readily be shown to have broken the pledge before they took it.
3. They will have to dance like the two-faced, double talking politicians they are. Most of us still understand "plain" language.
4. It would force at least some portion of the debate, and post-debate commentary to focus on Ron Pauls strengths.