PDA

View Full Version : A Game of Chess: Cautiously Optimistic From Here On

georgyjoon
01-29-2008, 11:20 PM
You didn't expect him to beat poor Giuliani in this one too did you?
But anyways, its bad he hasn't come somewhere in the top but if
i were to pick any one else in #1 right now, it'd have to be McCain
- wouldn't you?. If not, please read on:

Besides Ron Paul, right now the last person you should want as #1
is Huckabee. Not so much Mitt Romney. And having Guiliani rise again
would have 1 more candidate still in...But McCain is the best choice
right now and thats because he is the direct Antagonist to Ron Paul's
message.

Setting the stage for McCain as the Antagonist now will help.
Its because, better than any other candidate, he gives substance
and sets a real example of things to come without a Ron Paul America.
Because where McCain's ideologies fail to grasp a voter, Ron Paul's
views will Shine as the only other real alternative. He can Capitalize on
this in the coming Debates and so forth where he will be hard to ignore.
Also, as McCain's momentum continues to build following Florida,
Romney now has a clear focus of his real Competitor, and so
inevitably the Negative ads will debute. Perfect; Romney will broadcast
all the dirt he can gather about McCain - everything we've known forever.
Besides, keep in mind that this would not happen if things were the other
way around. McCain doesn't really have the money. A Mitt Romney win
would be more likely to move on unhindered...so that would be bad news.

.....Result? Polarization! Not in Vote numbers, but in the Agendas
of the remaining 3 Candidates (McCain, Romney, Paul) the way
America would now see it (hopefully).

Huckabee was a thorn to the Ron Paul campaign exactly because
of this. He Adopted Ron Paul's ideas because he didn't have the
money and needed a cheap effective 'edge' over the other candidates,
so he transitioned into Ron Paul's 'niche' to take advantage of the
appeal for Ron Paul's message. His hope then was that his loyal
followers would give him the upper hand over Ron Paul himself. Lets
just say that even the Evangelicals couldn't save him.

But anyway, I wish Dr. Paul's numbers were better in Florida...but a
McCains win happens to be the best alternative right now.

Primbs
01-30-2008, 03:24 AM
Interesting points.

ralucelom
01-30-2008, 03:43 AM
You make some points i need to reflect on, however at this point the general public seems to see it as romney, mccain.
Media outlets are everything save journalism. They all have their own agendas and interests. That said, they seem to
acknowladge any fault of paul and feign to notice any accomplishment as of late.

Of course one could argue that not in the eyes of the media, but in the eyes of the voters this vision would occur.
I must say however, that it is an unfortunate state that most voters get their ideas of main stream media outlets
and do not delve deeper into their candidates actual stances. It's quite apalling that people who voted for mccain thought he was anti-war.

nevertheless, huckabee winning would have had many dire effects, and romney and mccain being the leftover candidates may act as foils that will magnify pauls traits.

good post george

Dave Pedersen
01-30-2008, 03:58 AM
The sow's ear remains 3%.

We are in danger of becoming totally marginalized just as Kucinich and all those truly alsorans. We have to establish our cut of the pie at some point and waiting for the voters to spontaneously "get it" is a hollow dream.

Oh for the days of 10% in Iowa..

We need what only the HQ campaign can deliver. The message of freedom presented in a way which is fresh. Ron Paul should never use any of the old statements again. He is sounding like a broken record which even he is getting tired of hearing. He has to recreate the message.

Same message, expanded and using totally different words and phrases making fresh points and bringing new perspectives to what freedom promises for we the people. I look at some of the old speeches and debates and find myself wishing he would use some of those killer arguments he used to say so easily. Ron has been forced to repeat himself so often he has taken shortcuts and reduced the text to dry wood sound bites.

The message of freedom is as broad and deep as the Mississippi River and there is much which can and should be said which has not been said about what it means to be FREE. We the people need a visionary. Ron Paul has been that and must continue to be that visionary. Only by drawing fresh images and describing new results can we see the people awaken to boldly claim their rightful heritage.

Conza88
01-30-2008, 04:14 AM
Negative McCain is the worst nightmare.
He takes VOTES AWAY FROM RON PAUL..

People think he is INDEPENDENT, (Ran against Bush in 2000) - they think he is anti-neo con.
They think he's a WAR HERO, but the dude spits on veterans graves.
They think he's AGAINST THE WAR (Yea thats right.. and the other % know he is not and love the war, cus they are neoconised still)
They think he's a STRAIGHT talker.. when in fact his 'straightness' is a facade.. he talks HARD line BULLSHIT, offensive retarded points and he gets BOOED for it.. (He actually goes LOOKING for it) and then goes yea, I tell the truth..
He's ANTI-torture (cus he's a pow)... if he wasn;t he WOULD be.. no way he could get away with a pro torture message. But the thing is, it makes people think he's AGAINST the war... when he's not..

McCain has NO real positons... he flips every second day..

which is making my video on him.. that much harder... such an asshole.

I'd prefer Huckabee.. the guy is 1000% easier to shoot down. And even with Romney.