PDA

View Full Version : Worst possible thing about a Ron Paul Presidency?

Workguy23
01-29-2008, 11:01 PM
Hey all, I've been an avid reader of these forums since around the Ames Straw Poll. I migrated over here from DailyPaul, and I spend hours at work during slow time just browsing the forums. I don't post very much, but I was thinking about something that I wish more Americans would think about

What is the WORST possible thing that could come of a Dr. Ron Paul presidency? I can think of SO many worse case scenarios most of the other candidates like Hillary, McCain, Huckabee, Romney, etc.

Before anyone calls me a troll, my wife and co-workers would beg to differ, seeing as how Dr. Paul is all I ever talk about. But I'm really trying to contemplate, what is the worse thing that could come of Dr. Paul being our President? Stepping back from my "supporter" self, I still can't think of anything, except maybe the welfare-dependant will suffer at first, until the economy picks up and more jobs are created. Many government employees would lose their jobs due to the cutting of departments, but that's about all I can think of, honestly!

I believe that IF there were another attack on our country that Dr. Paul's approach of Letters of Marque and Reprisal is the most logical and toughest on terror. Rather than involve us in more wars, like other candidates. Dr. Paul has all the right ideas, and he gets them directly from the Constitution. When I watch Dr. Paul speak, it nearly brings tears to my eyes, because I see a man, almost to the point of desperation, saying "I care so much for this country. I'm terrified of where we are headed, this isn't how America is suppose to be, PLEASE LISTEN to me!" And yet, the voice of liberty and reason, is drowned out by cheers of Americans marching, unknowingly, to the drums of war saying "Take everything from us, just give us a sense of protection."

Sorry to go on like that, it's just SO FRUSTRATING! But back to my original question. Taking a step back from a completely un-bias prospective, what, if anything, would be the worst possible thing that could come of a Ron Paul presidency?

cien750hp
01-29-2008, 11:02 PM
worst thing? it not happening.

edit: maybe people hitting financial hardships or other hardships because of their newfound freedom and welfare. people would have to learn that they have to be responsible for themselves again.

Myerz
01-29-2008, 11:02 PM
I hear ya.....it pisses me off to no end. I have to stop now.....I have already been warned by the moderators......they keep me out of trouble.

CaliforniaGold
01-29-2008, 11:03 PM
There is no down side that I can think of that would in any way outweigh the good he would do.

Can you imagine what the first State of the Union would be like with Dr. Paul there in OUR corner and speaking to and for us for a change?

Cinderella
01-29-2008, 11:03 PM
+1!!! i cant think of what would be wrong...some people just cant see it...msm doesnt help...people are lazy too, and they dont research who theyre going to vote for....

integrity
01-29-2008, 11:06 PM
RP Presidency would be a nightmare come true for many evil people....

Trigonx
01-29-2008, 11:07 PM
A much smarter population????? thats not bad in our eyes, but in some people's eyes its THE worst thing that could happen with a Ron Paul Presidency.

Opulen
01-29-2008, 11:07 PM
HOnestly I cant think of anything. Maybe the transition period from BUSH administration to PAUL Presidency is a little tough because of War.

Ron2Win
01-29-2008, 11:11 PM
The mentality of the country will have to change. People will actually have to make choices and take care of their kids for example, instead of letting an underpaid teacher do it.

robert4rp08
01-29-2008, 11:13 PM
The only bad thing that I can think of is the loss of government jobs... but that isn't necessarily a bad thing :D

RSLudlum
01-29-2008, 11:13 PM
People would go nutz finding out what our gov't has been up to for the past 100years due to transparency in a Ron Paul presidency!

RSLudlum
01-29-2008, 11:14 PM
The only bad thing that I can think of is the loss of government jobs... but that isn't necessarily a bad thing :D

some of those would transfer to State positions.

kyleAF
The first assassination in decades?

Horrible, but he'd be rocking a LOT of really big boats.

rollingpig
assassination?

btwilli1
01-29-2008, 11:16 PM
Well the obvious thing McCain supporters (neocons) war supporters/bush supporters will think is

They think we will get attacked. Maybe we will get attacked. Initially the radical muslims might not believe us, maybe they won't. their recruiting ability will drop off. I think no matter who we elect there is that possibility. Less if we pull out now though.

A lot of government workers will be wondering about their jobs. CPA's will be happy because they can get more money back for their clients, at least initially.

Hopefully no one takes out Paul, like Martin Luther King some people just don't want change and will do whatever they can to stop it.

A lot of bickering in congress, a lot of filibusters. A lot of vetoing. Capitol Hill might sit at a standstill, or gang up on Paul. It will be a lame duck congress until we can get more revolutionaries in there.

A lot of our welfare nations will be pissed.

angrydragon
01-29-2008, 11:20 PM
It would have to be the government will be gridlocked on what to do, and not do much of anything. It'll be Dr. Veto.

kyleAF
01-29-2008, 11:21 PM
assassination?

Yep. That's (IMO) the WORST thing that could happen during his Presidency.

dkim68
01-29-2008, 11:21 PM
except maybe the welfare-dependant will suffer at first, until the economy picks up and more jobs are created. Many government employees would lose their jobs due to the cutting of departments, but that's about all I can think of, honestly!
Growing pains on the road to prosperity. State and local goverment as well as non-profit organizations should be able to provide some kind of welfare support to get them through tough times. Federal gov't employees can fall back to state and local gov't positions. No pain, no gain.

btwilli1
01-29-2008, 11:23 PM
What do you guys tell CPA's? My future brother-in-law was like hell no I won't support Paul.

angrydragon
01-29-2008, 11:27 PM
Why not? CPA's will still have to handle state taxes and sales taxes with some states, and they'll probably handle the influx of money that people will get without the income tax.

integrity
01-30-2008, 12:48 PM
What do you guys tell CPA's? My future brother-in-law was like hell no I won't support Paul.

I tell CPa's they are selfishly putting their own $$$ before country. Thats (in my book) being un-american. I would rather be broke and free than rich and enslaved.

CPAs can still do my business accounting. Personal Tax preparers can mow my lawn, with the illegals gone we will need that service.

RonPaulVolunteer
01-30-2008, 12:54 PM
Well, there is one negative thing. If he wins, the economy will crash, fast and hard. It will be short-lived, and we will recover and end up with an economy vastly better than what we have now, but because of the lack of confidence, and the uncertainty, the massive changes that will take place like the destruction of the military industrial complex, the markets WILL crash. I expect it will take about 12 months to recover, and from then, the recovery should be beautiful and lead us to the strongest period of prosperity this nation will have had in a long time if not ever.

Starks
01-30-2008, 01:00 PM
Wouldn't letters of of M&R entail the deployment of at least a few hundred troops?

maghi85
01-30-2008, 01:44 PM
CIA will do everything possible to cause havoc all over the world before it gets shut down...
so that when RP gets off presidency the next president will have a thousand reasons to bring CIA back in to power

virgil47
01-30-2008, 01:59 PM
I would hope he would be smart enough to keep the CIA around. Perhaps a bit more controled but still available to be the eyes and ears overseas for America. Without information of the doings of other countries the U.S. could easily be blind sided. Hopefully he will bring the military home from their overseas deployments. I also believe it would be in Americas' best interests to keep the active duty troops and release the guardsmen and reserves back into the economy. If we dismantle the dep. of Defense as some on these boards so gleefully advocate it will cause alot more than financial grief down the road. What say you?

bcreps85
01-30-2008, 02:02 PM
The downside would likely be the transition period to true freedom. Welfare kings/queens would probably be starving on the streets asking for handouts for a while before they realized that our money isn't going to bail them out and get themselves a job.

VoluntaryMan
01-30-2008, 02:04 PM
Worst possible thing about a Ron Paul Presidency?

Only 8 years.

nikolai
01-30-2008, 02:04 PM
Why not? CPA's will still have to handle state taxes and sales taxes with some states, and they'll probably handle the influx of money that people will get without the income tax.

The vast majority of any CPA's work is on federal and state income taxes. There will be alot of CPA's (and the unlicensed accountants that work for them) out of work without the IRS. The workload would fall through the floor.

I personally think that the worst thing would be all of the people in government jobs that would be out of work. Private businesses won't be immediately booming as a result of our new sound fiscal policy and these people will have a hard time finding new work. I think this is especially true for those that have job experience that is specialized in the government service they used to provide....like the FBI and CIA. The only way to counter this would be to try to transfer these people into parallel/similar government jobs, like moving CIA employees into contract civilian positions with the military, who would then be managing intelligence.

In fact, in terms of intelligence, I think this would be critical. You can't just put all the people in the CIA on the street and expect the military to accumulate all of that experience and knowledge overnight. I think this would be something that needs to be handled very carefully to prevent this gap in intelligence.

bcreps85
01-30-2008, 02:05 PM
I would hope he would be smart enough to keep the CIA around. Perhaps a bit more controled but still available to be the eyes and ears overseas for America. Without information of the doings of other countries the U.S. could easily be blind sided. Hopefully he will bring the military home from their overseas deployments. I also believe it would be in Americas' best interests to keep the active duty troops and release the guardsmen and reserves back into the economy. If we dismantle the dep. of Defense as some on these boards so gleefully advocate it will cause alot more than financial grief down the road. What say you?

He has said that some of what they do is necessary, but they are out of control before. I think he wants to get rid of the CIA because they are essentially MIA, but agrees with gathering necessary intel and whatnot.

nate895
01-30-2008, 02:08 PM
Hey all, I've been an avid reader of these forums since around the Ames Straw Poll. I migrated over here from DailyPaul, and I spend hours at work during slow time just browsing the forums. I don't post very much, but I was thinking about something that I wish more Americans would think about

What is the WORST possible thing that could come of a Dr. Ron Paul presidency? I can think of SO many worse case scenarios most of the other candidates like Hillary, McCain, Huckabee, Romney, etc.

Before anyone calls me a troll, my wife and co-workers would beg to differ, seeing as how Dr. Paul is all I ever talk about. But I'm really trying to contemplate, what is the worse thing that could come of Dr. Paul being our President? Stepping back from my "supporter" self, I still can't think of anything, except maybe the welfare-dependant will suffer at first, until the economy picks up and more jobs are created. Many government employees would lose their jobs due to the cutting of departments, but that's about all I can think of, honestly!

I believe that IF there were another attack on our country that Dr. Paul's approach of Letters of Marque and Reprisal is the most logical and toughest on terror. Rather than involve us in more wars, like other candidates. Dr. Paul has all the right ideas, and he gets them directly from the Constitution. When I watch Dr. Paul speak, it nearly brings tears to my eyes, because I see a man, almost to the point of desperation, saying "I care so much for this country. I'm terrified of where we are headed, this isn't how America is suppose to be, PLEASE LISTEN to me!" And yet, the voice of liberty and reason, is drowned out by cheers of Americans marching, unknowingly, to the drums of war saying "Take everything from us, just give us a sense of protection."

Sorry to go on like that, it's just SO FRUSTRATING! But back to my original question. Taking a step back from a completely un-bias prospective, what, if anything, would be the worst possible thing that could come of a Ron Paul presidency?

Worst possible thing: the neocons were right about the Middle East and thousands of Americans will die after we withdraw, but we'll go and kick their arses if they really are out to conquer the World with no good reason.

mconder
01-30-2008, 02:13 PM
The day someone from the ruling global elite has him assassinated.

Caravello
01-30-2008, 02:13 PM
EDITED by Caravello

UK4Paul
01-30-2008, 02:18 PM
Simply that... according to the (soon-to-be-defunct) mainstream media, the U.S.A will not have a President for those 4 years.

:)

zackmario
01-30-2008, 02:20 PM
EGAD! No one will watch fox news anymore!! but..but.. where we get our fair and balanced news then!

acptulsa
01-30-2008, 02:31 PM
Daily Radio News Transcript March 27, 2009

Former President Bush and former Vice President Cheney appeared in court today, where they were bound over for trial. The prosecutor denounced their administration as the greatest single example of treason the nation had ever witnessed. The trial is set to begin July 4th.

Home prices from Fredrick, Maryland to Fredricksburg, Virginia continued to fall unabated as another round of layoff notices plauged the federal bureaucrats. Meanwhile, the latest tax cuts announced by President Paul led all fifty states to raise their taxes. The total income tax savings to the citizens ranged from three percent in New York State to forty-five percent in Wyoming. Governor Brad Henry of Oklahoma gleefully announced that in addition to saving the citizens of his state twelve percent, on average, in income taxes, the state would "...get our schools in such good shape that we expect to rise thirty-six places in national rankings on education by the end of the current school year just by diverting the money that the federal government used to keep and the money that we used to spend meeting federal paperwork requirements to computers and textbooks."

In other news, the prices of Ferraris and Lamborghinis were reduced again as the used car market was flooded with exotics. The president of Kraft Brands was overheard telling a friend, "We are having to pay the fruit and vegetable pickers more than minimum wage, and it has eaten my bonus alive. I won't be able to clear more than two million this year!" Crocodile tears were shed far and wide...

affa
01-30-2008, 02:40 PM
The downside would likely be the transition period to true freedom. Welfare kings/queens would probably be starving on the streets asking for handouts for a while before they realized that our money isn't going to bail them out and get themselves a job.

a) he's clearly stated on multiple occasions that he would not dismantle any program that would leave people on the streets, and would rather keep them on their programs and work towards transition programs. So you score +1 for misinformation.

b) the welfare king/queen is by and large a myth. yes, some people abuse the system. the majority don't. this idea that poverty stricken people are somehow magically living the lives of royalty is a big fat lie pushed by big fat radio personalities with agendas.

affa
01-30-2008, 02:43 PM
Worst possible thing: the neocons were right about the Middle East and thousands of Americans will die after we withdraw, but we'll go and kick their arses if they really are out to conquer the World with no good reason.

This makes no sense. The only reason any Americans have died in the War on Terror since 9/11 is because they died while in Iraq or Afghanistan.

If there is another 'terror strike', it could happen whether or not we are in those countries. But by leaving, we certainly take away many of their reasons for caring about us and they can go back to figuring their own sovereignty out.

Goldwater Conservative
01-30-2008, 02:59 PM
The 22nd Amendment?

Tell him to stop being selfish and think of the over 100 million taxpayers who get screwed year after year. As long as that's the case, there's nothing wrong with making a living off it, but don't justify opposition to such a positive change because you're selfish.

acptulsa
01-30-2008, 03:00 PM
Tell him to stop being selfish and think of the over 100 million taxpayers who get screwed year after year. As long as that's the case, there's nothing wrong with making a living off it, but don't justify opposition to such a positive change because you're selfish.

Tell that to Cheney and the other Halliburton stockholders, and Bush and the other Carlisle Group stockholders!

robert4rp08
01-30-2008, 03:27 PM
some of those would transfer to State positions.

True, true. Plus, a lot of jobs would open up in the free market.

j0ew00ds
01-30-2008, 03:37 PM
Well, there is one negative thing. If he wins, the economy will crash, fast and hard. It will be short-lived, and we will recover and end up with an economy vastly better than what we have now, but because of the lack of confidence, and the uncertainty, the massive changes that will take place like the destruction of the military industrial complex, the markets WILL crash. I expect it will take about 12 months to recover, and from then, the recovery should be beautiful and lead us to the strongest period of prosperity this nation will have had in a long time if not ever.

+1... And the influx of responsibility to stupid people would cause his approval rating to drop since they need to be coddled.

ladyliberty
01-30-2008, 03:49 PM
The worst possible thing that would happen if Ron Paul is president is that the Bilderbergers will not have their puppet dictatorship - they will have to put their plans for a North American Union on HOLD, they will not be able to continue devaluing the dollar, so the Amero plans will have to be put on HOLD, and the jobs lost in foriegn countries, because of Americans going back to only buying American made products will cause a shift in the global economy for a while, then things will right themselves again. Americans will stop spending like madmen, and credit card companies will go belly-up because people will learn to only spend money that they actually have. Banks are going to fold because they will no longer be allowed to print money out of thin air, and the ones that are left will be able to back their money with gold and silver.

I generally see everything turned upside down for a awhile, but then like a river after a storm, everything will return to normal once more, and life will be better for us all.

This I believe with all my heart, and this is why I will vote for Ron Paul - even if I have to write him in in November!!!!

alieas007
01-30-2008, 04:42 PM
false flag attack on u.s. soil, imho

Voluntaryist
01-30-2008, 04:51 PM
What is the WORST possible thing that could come of a Dr. Ron Paul presidency?

1. Millions of government stooges will have to find honest work, and probably fail at it
2. Insurance companies wont be able to ripoff their customers anymore, and thus lose millions in revenues
3. Defense contractors will lose billions in precious war-spending bills
4. Our dollar will increase in value, thus reducing the # of products we sell overseas
5. Gun control advocates will be totally rendered inept, damaging their self-esteem
6. Dictators worldwide will lose billions in foreign aid
7. Terrorists will no longer have any reason to attack us, and instead will have to waste precious tiem searching for new enemies

OH, THE HORROR!!!!! :D

Neomatrix
01-30-2008, 04:51 PM

Another elephant in the room.:D

Dave Pedersen
01-30-2008, 04:56 PM
The competing currency could render the fed notes totally unwanted in a matter of months. This could cause considerable instability especially with a fomenting congress and media. The congress and the media working in tandem to totally wreck his credibility. Lack of confidence in the Paul administration will be the biggest challenge we the people must handle and handle well.

luvthedoc08
01-30-2008, 04:59 PM
Assassination of Dr. Paul.

B964
01-30-2008, 05:03 PM
8 years will go by to fast.

Ixzion
01-30-2008, 05:03 PM
I would have too much freedom. Oh wait...

RonPaulwillWin
01-30-2008, 05:07 PM
N. Korea invades S. Korea? Oh well...sucks to be them. Seriously.

austin356
01-30-2008, 05:07 PM
Nope, the worse thing that could possibly happen is Dr. Paul get elected and the economy goes into a Depression and has to liquidate decades of bad debt. Dr. Paul and the ideas of liberty will be blamed for the problems that proponents of liberty have been warning about for decades.

Mini-Me
01-30-2008, 05:10 PM
The absolute worst thing that could happen is the following scenario:

Congress will be a roadblock against all of Ron Paul's plans.
The establishment will do everything they can to sabotage the country and keep Paul from getting anything accomplished.
The economy will crash, and due to the sabotage and the fact that Paul wasn't able to get enough crucial policies through Congress, we'll go into a long depression.
The mainstream media will gleefully convince the brainwashed populace that everything was Ron Paul's fault and that his "crazy libertarian policies" didn't work.
Then, the people will collectively beg the establishment for more socialism, nannyism, and big brother policies.

That is the absolute worst thing that can happen, because it would be such a huge blow to the cause of freedom that it could potentially set us back for an entire generation or more.

So long as President Ron Paul picks his Vice President wisely, we won't have to worry about assassination: The establishment would be stupid to think it could get away with assassinating both of them, and such a move would have such tremendous blowback that even they probably wouldn't be bold enough to risk it...instead, I think they'll do everything in their power to make the above scenario happen...we'll have to be quite vigilant throughout a Ron Paul Presidency, because our fight is not over even after we get him elected.

mysticgeek
01-30-2008, 05:13 PM
Absolutely Nothing!

Broadlighter
01-30-2008, 05:44 PM
I think the first thing that would happen is we would pull out the Iraq war and close most if not all of our military bases all over the world. This is not the worst thing, but what would follow is there would be a void left in these places and there may be some short term strife as people would vent their rage and frustration for our troops having been there for so long. We might even see something akin to the Berlin Wall falling down, which isn't really a bad thing either.

However, there would be a lot of saber rattling coming from the traitors in the Neo-con think tanks and heaps of criticism from the MSM on how Ron Paul handles the job of President. The Congress would appear somewhat beleagured by Paul's refusal to support warfare/welfare initiatives. He may even have vetoes overriden.

He's going to need a lot of continued public support that comes out spontaneously. The MSM will not treat him kindly. They will want a kick-ass president, but not the kind Ron Paul will deliver.

maghi85
01-30-2008, 05:45 PM

if there is a false flag attack... it won't be in America..
most likely in Canada... to prove that they hate us cause of our freedom and not cause we're there...
i think i saw it in a dream too :(

painter4Ron Paul
01-30-2008, 05:48 PM
The worst thing would be trying to figure out how to spend all the money we are rolling in after the IRS is eliminated.

zakkubin
01-30-2008, 05:56 PM
Ok with Paul most issues would be decided by states. Take education for example. For a few years every state would be trying out different programs some would work and some wouldn't.
Just like the free market and competition works with products it will work with policy. So the states that use things that work will be copied and innovated by other states. So for a few years every state is going to be forced to pick up the slack and things may appear to be in chaos.

Just like congress transfered their most important power of declaring war to the president we the people have transfered our power to Washington. Some people truly do not want freedom, they are perfectly fine with Washington deciding on issues for everyone. We feel differently. We want that initial chaos where the citizens in each state participate in passing all the laws or policies that will come when states are released from the grasp of the federal government.

So this weakness is necessary in order to truly bring back our nation to greatness.

Mystile
01-30-2008, 06:06 PM
if there is a false flag attack... it won't be in America..
most likely in Canada... to prove that they hate us cause of our freedom and not cause we're there...
i think i saw it in a dream too :(

Funny....I saw in a dream where we get "liberated" by China...and the neocons leave earth and go to the moon.

tamor
01-30-2008, 06:14 PM
Remember, Dr. Paul has an incremental plan for each of his propositions -- things will not happen like BOOM --He has stated he will need to work with the Congress on many of his ideas. He has also said he will bring troops home (used to be "now") but more recently he has said "as soon as possible". President Paul will probably be like all our presidents -- will want to do much more than the Congress will let him. It is a process and a revolution - takes time

RobotJaxxon
01-30-2008, 06:16 PM
There will be 4 years missing from the historical record of the Presidency because the media will refuse to cover President Paul.

spudea
01-30-2008, 06:26 PM
Tyranny is gonna have a hard time...

Liberty4life
01-30-2008, 06:28 PM
Worst possible thing?
1) People who are employed at agencies that will be eliminated will be
out of work for a while, but the creation of new jobs because of no taxation
(private businesses will spring up everywhere) these people will soon be needed
for their clerical skills.
2) Governments who depend on the US welfare check will have problems,
and they might get pissed.
3) Arab governments that depend on US money, will surely get pissed.
4) Israel will get pissed at first until they discover were not standing in their way anymore.
I can't really see these things as having a long term affect, its like going to the doctor and
getting a shot to prevent getting sick it hurts at first, but after that you'll be fine.