PDA

View Full Version : Paul-Buchanan 08?

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-29-2008, 10:55 PM
http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/470/paulpatcr1.jpg

Now that it looks like McAmnesty and Clinton in the general, this leaves a huge opening for a ticket like Paul-Buchanan. Ron & Pat would have the illegal immigration issue all to themselves, they would own the economy issue, and own the antiwar vote, including many of Obama's people. There are tens of millions of anti-illegal voters alone we could pick up. With Pat on the ticket, I bet we could even pick up huge numbers of Limbaugh and Hannity listeners, who will simply never vote for McCain.

JimInNY
01-29-2008, 10:56 PM
Buchanan is an asshole. I would not vote for that ticket.

matratzac
01-29-2008, 10:56 PM
i get the feeling buchanan kinda thinks paul is a joke

garyallen59
01-29-2008, 10:57 PM
gross!

Paul/Goldwater

robert4rp08
I'm sick of hearing the 3rd party question in MSM, let alone on these supposed Ron Paul Supporter forums. Focus on the Republican nomination. Crikey.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
i get the feeling buchanan kinda thinks paul is a joke

More likely, he probably thinks the GOP is a joke.

newmedia4ron
stfu

Gadsden Flag
Pat Buchanan provides a familiar face to a lot of people. He isn't very well liked by a lot of Republicans, but maybe they'd still pick him over somebody like McCain.

He has said that he is done running for president--This probably means vice president as well. Plus he wouldn't run against Romney, who his sister works for.

I'd vote for that ticket in a heartbeat, though.

Edit: Buchanan's magazine, 'American Conservative' publishes positive articles about RP in virtually every issue. Every time I've heard him speak about RP, he says positive things.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-29-2008, 10:58 PM
I'm sick of hearing the 3rd party question in MSM, let alone on these supposed Ron Paul Supporter forums. Focus on the Republican nomination. Crikey.

Yeah, and how's that working out? :rolleyes:

DDMX
Paul needs a very well known/popular person to be his running mate, to bring in more voters.

Chernitsky
no

Kilrain
01-29-2008, 10:59 PM
Buchanan has health issues (IIRC) and won't run for office.

RonPaulFanInGA
01-29-2008, 10:59 PM
Paul-Goldwater, Jr. 2008!

Jodi
01-29-2008, 11:02 PM
http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/470/paulpatcr1.jpg

Now that it looks like McAmnesty and Clinton in the general, this leaves a huge opening for a ticket like Paul-Buchanan. Ron & Pat would have the illegal immigration issue all to themselves, they would own the economy issue, and own the antiwar vote, including many of Obama's people. There are tens of millions of anti-illegal voters alone we could pick up. With Pat on the ticket, I bet we could even pick up huge numbers of Limbaugh and Hannity listeners, who will simply never vote for McCain.

Lord I hope not. Buchanan is a back stabbing shill. He has sold out!

Gadsden Flag
01-29-2008, 11:03 PM
^^^ How so? He works for MSNBC, yes. But whenever he voices his own opinion--Especially on wasting zillions of dollars overseas--he says the same thing as RP. Almost using the exact same words and phrases, no less.

Tidewise
01-29-2008, 11:05 PM
Paul-Goldwater, Jr. 2008!

FTW!

Drknows
01-29-2008, 11:08 PM
buchanan is a great guy! He does have the name recognition. But the more i think about it I'm afraid when people fling shit at him it sticks. He would definitely be Ron Pauls Achilles' heel.

But of course this all a dream.

Ron Paul would definitely choose Barry Goldwater Jr no doubt in my mind after seeing him stump for RP in NH.

FSP-Rebel
01-29-2008, 11:09 PM
Yeah, Buchanan is a bitch and follows his sisters advice. I would not at this point trust Patty. I'm quite interested in an Independent campaign or whatever it takes to secure liberty in this country. We all want to focus on the GOP nod, but we need to keep this in the back of our minds for the future, if need be. Buchanan likes his MSNBC spot more than he loves the Constitution. If not, he'd be leading the charge for us. He's got plenty of money so it's not like he keeps his job to save for retirement. The man, in my opinion, is walking a fine line from being forever forsaken by whatever support he thought he had. I think he's chosen his side.

garyallen59
01-29-2008, 11:26 PM
http://a791.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/111/l_930d9c0a1bf076d859e3f79f5425b7f6.jpg

PAUL/GOLDWATER 08

only

Victrix
01-29-2008, 11:44 PM
While I value elements of Buchanan political philosophy and political commentary as a person Buchanan is an egotistical A-hole.

He was very much responsible for splitting, raping, and destroying the Reform Party as a national third party organization. The sole reason Buchanan joined the Reform Party in 2000 was to opportunistically seek and take advantage of the Federal Matching Funds ($12mil) the party was entitled to in 2000 because of Perot's 8% showing in the previous national election.

Buchanan split the party using dirty strong arm tactics trying to secure the nomination and in the end was only able to secure the nomination and funds after a court ruling.

End result: Buchanan blows through the money and the election taking only 0.4% of the popular vote and leaves what was once a glimmering growing third party in shambles to re-register as a Republican and go back to his cozy job as a political news commentator for major news networks.

nyjohn
01-29-2008, 11:51 PM
Didn't Pat get buried by the media because of ties to racism? With the whole newsletter debacle the media would bury us if we ran on this ticket.

Shaun
01-29-2008, 11:58 PM
This thread is a joke...
NEITHER OF THESE GUYS IS RUNNING 3RD PARTY.
GET USED TO IT.
They are done.

chelu
01-29-2008, 11:59 PM
If the goal is to win, why all the useless talk about running third party? Republican nomination > Re-elected Congressman (TX-14) > 3rd Party. No other order.

Unless there is a huge awakening in the American electorate, a third-party run is futile.

nate895
01-30-2008, 12:11 AM
If the goal is to win, why all the useless talk about running third party? Republican nomination > Re-elected Congressman (TX-14) > 3rd Party. No other order.

Unless there is a huge awakening in the American electorate, a third-party run is futile.

According to Rasmussen, we already have 7-11% of the vote depending on the match up. If only they were all voting in the primaries, then we'd kick serious arse.

BreakYourChains
01-30-2008, 12:16 AM
No way for Buchanan. He panders to whomever is paying his paycheck. He has no guts. He is not our friend. NO WAY!!

majinkoola
01-30-2008, 12:34 AM
There's a reason Buchanan got black-balled when he ran for President. Same reason Ron is. He would make a hell of a lot of changes that would not benefit the bureaucrats/lobbyists. Period.
I've gone over this before many times. There's several reasons why he might not be promoting Paul all the time (although he has done it a hell of a lot). One of which would be that the media would have a lot more ammo with which to call Paul a racist. Another being that he might not think Paul has a chance and is backing the candidate with a chance to win who is the strongest on immigration.
I want to see someone who has read his books to call him some of these names on this thread. I bet they wouldn't. The man has done a hell of a lot to help the conservative movement.