PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Radio in Mississippi

brandonb959
01-29-2008, 10:33 PM
Hi, I'm Brandon Blakeney from Laurel/Hattiesburg. My family owns and operates Blakeney Communications which owns B95, Rock104, Kz94, and gospel 96.5. I have witnessed first hand how important radio advertising can be in a political campaign. Lets face it, most people in Mississippi have never heard of Ron Paul. However, we can change that! It is illegal for a radio station to "give" political advertising to a certain candidate, however special political rates are available. I doubt Romney, McCain, or Brokeabee will be doing any of this. I'm plan to check with national headquarters after supertuesday to see if they plan on doing any radio advertising here or can afford it. If not it will be up to us.....I'm willing to put up some money but it will take a good bit. Our spots typically run $30 on B95 because it is the most listened too, other stations have cheaper rates....If you are on board with this idea or hate it let me know your opinion! :)

WilliamC
01-29-2008, 10:35 PM
Contact Mike Cory, the State Coordinator for Ron Paul, ASAP. He will be all over this.

I will PM you his phone number.

Matt Collins
01-29-2008, 11:22 PM
I work at a major conservative talk radio station in Nashville and already have conservative issue ads produced and ready to go