PDA

View Full Version : Help! Some of my converts are waining...

TNFreedom
01-29-2008, 10:27 PM
A couple of people that I have brought on board with RP (or at least onto the fence) are saying that after tonight they feel like that have to vote for Romney just so their vote goes AGAINST McCain. I'm trying to use the "vote your conscience" strategy but its hard to sell considering the general abhorrence for McCain. Anybody got any thoughts?

derdy
01-29-2008, 10:28 PM
A couple of people that I have brought on board with RP (or at least onto the fence) are saying that after tonight they feel like that have to vote for Romney just so their vote goes AGAINST McCain. I'm trying to use the "vote your conscience" strategy but its hard to sell considering the general abhorrence for McCain. Anybody got any thoughts?

I'm confused. Romney isn't abhorrent? They seem equally crappy to me.

newmedia4ron
01-29-2008, 10:29 PM
Remind them that Romney would have no chance in the general election because of the antiwar sentiment.

bcreps85
01-29-2008, 10:30 PM
Explain to them that Florida was all or nothing, and we saved the resources for battles that we can actually win.

jabrownie
01-29-2008, 10:30 PM
Less then 10% of delegates have been contested yet.....what's the problem exactly?

ForrestLayne
01-29-2008, 10:32 PM
Remember - Florida is a WINNER TAKE ALL
Anything less than winning = same number of delegates

Ron Paul spent little money compared to the other four..the ghoul went all in remember?

Florida cost the others SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS of campaign cash - they are going to be really hurting and only the winner gets delegates.

No real difference between 2nd and last except MILLIONS OF DOLLARS WASTED.

Ron Paul is in excellent shape to continue... think about the others.

Ron Paul is playing chess the others are playing checkers!!!!!!!

krott5333
01-29-2008, 10:32 PM
play this for them: http://youtube.com/watch?v=6lAFfLy05_Y

Eponym_mi
01-29-2008, 10:33 PM
Less then 10% of delegates have been contested yet.....what's the problem exactly?

RP is going to have to deliver pretty soon. He needs 100 delegates or more by Feb 5 or this campaign is toast. There is no getting around it.

WilliamC
01-29-2008, 10:33 PM
Just tell them that Romney coming in 2nd with 31% of the vote hurt him far worse than Paul coming in 5th with ~5% of the vote.

How much longer is Romney willing to fund a losing campaign?

bbachtung
01-29-2008, 10:34 PM
So your friends are in favor of a ban on "assault weapons"? Because that is Mitt Romney's stance. Are your friends also in favor of keeping the IRS and the income tax around for all but the top 1% of Americans? Because that's Mitt Romney's stance.

spudea
exactly. Tell them hillary wins with either Romney or McCain.

InLoveWithRon
show them this

http://ronpaul.clanjyd.com/files/2008%20Presidentail%20Comparison%20Chart.pdf

frasu
play this for them: http://youtube.com/watch?v=6lAFfLy05_Y

excellent suggestion

gracebkr
01-29-2008, 10:35 PM
Exactly, tell them we didn't want to do what Guliani did. We are focusing on many other states, not just one and Florida is difficult because of the variety of people so lots of funding for a state like that. Remind them we were in second for the 2 states prior to this and Ron Paul had 70,000 votes. Imagine all the voters who are voting like they want to, how many then could he have had. If we show consistency, people will listen.

ronpaulyourmom
01-29-2008, 10:37 PM
Show them this link... Tell them that Romney and McCain are both horrible and that real conservativism will only return with an Independent bid. A real shakeup is more likely to occur with McCain as the nominee. Neither one of them would win against the Dem if Paul didn't run anyways.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/2008_presidential_election/will_michael_bloomberg_ron_paul_run_third_party_ca mpaigns_in_2008

davidkachel
01-29-2008, 10:37 PM
Tell them they are opting for the evil they know rather than the evil they don't know. Why opt for evil at all? (Besides, not knowing Romney's evil index doesn't mean he isn't WORSE than McCain!