PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Article About The Effects Of A Paul Presidency On The Dollar And Foreign

inibo
08-04-2007, 07:10 PM
As a rule I find discussions of economics and monetary policy to be, frankly, boring. I have not let that stand in my way of trying to grasp at least the core principles of Dr. Paul's arguments in support of Austrian economics, commodity based currency and the elimination of the Fed. I want to be able to at least address those issues should they come up in my proselytizing... er, ah... campaigning for him.

All that being said, I found an interesting article following a link from an article on the ever entertaining Wonkette Ron Paul RSS feed (http://wonkette.com/politics/ron-paul/index.xml)

This is from currencytrading.net

How Ron Paul as President Would Affect the US Dollar
August 1st, 2007
By Jessica Hupp

Ron Paul has over the past few months emerged as the dark horse US Presidential candidate. With a small but growing cadre of devoted supporters, Paul is gaining political traction by campaigning on ideas about financial reform which would dramatically affect the global currency and forex markets.

A staunch supporter of lower taxes, a dramatically smaller government, and long-term conservative monetary policy, a Ron Paul presidency could mean big changes for the US Dollar and its relationship to other currencies. In this article we investigate the specific affects of a Ron Paul presidency on the US Dollar and on the global forex markets.

Read the rest here: http://www.currencytrading.net/2007/how-ron-paul-as-president-would-affect-the-us-dollar/

I don't know enough to know if they know what they're talking about, but it certainily seems to be a positive analysis of Dr. Paul's positions.

johnrocks
08-04-2007, 07:46 PM
I have a degree in economics and that was a great piece. I would not think a great economist like Walter Williams would support him if he thought that him being POTUS would harm our economy and I just know that the great Milton Friedman is smiling down on him!