PDA

View Full Version : A Ron Paul Tale For The Ages

kywhitne
01-29-2008, 09:50 PM
So, I absolutely had to tell this story to someone.

I live in a small town in Michigan's Upper Peninsula. A friend's truck (Ron Paul sticker and all) had died in the middle of a blizzard and at the top of a hill. We were unable to determine what the problem with the truck was, but somehow convinced ourselves that if we pushed it back down the hill, we may be able to pop the clutch and drive the truck away.

This failed.

Now (10 p.m.) at the bottom of the hill, we decided that it would be best to push the truck through traffic across the highway and into an empty parking lot. This almost worked. What we actually ended up doing is stranding the truck on an incline, half in the driveway and half in the highway.

As the three of us inched the busted truck into the driveway, hope faded fast. Just then, a middle-aged couple in a Jeep pulled up in the road.

"Hey!" the guy hollered. "Let us pull in front of you and we'll pull you up!"

Gratefully, we stepped aside and waited for the pair to line the vehicles up. The guy stepped out and began searching for a tow rope. As he opened the back door of the Jeep, he turned to us.

"You guys know why I stopped?" he asked. "I saw the Ron Paul sticker!"

With a grin on his face, the guy used his hand to scrape the ice from his back window and began motioning feverishly at his own Ron Paul sticker.

Moments later, the broken truck was nestled safely into the random parking lot and we said our goodbyes, turning to go our separate ways. But before we left, the stranger hollered out a few parting words.

"If Ron Paul doesn't win, we're all in trouble. The dollar is crumbling, the empire is gone and this war is fucking bogus! I'm a vet of the Army and the Navy and this is wrong. We've got to get out of there. Now!"

And with that, the random heroes drove off into the night, Ron Paul bumper sticker and all.

Nyte
01-29-2008, 09:56 PM
I think we're seeing the birth of our own secret society ;)

kyleAF
01-29-2008, 10:02 PM
Ha! You're right of course.

-lotus-
01-29-2008, 10:04 PM
that was very cool

cheese
01-29-2008, 10:13 PM
I love posts like these :) and welcome to the forum!

Ron2Win
01-29-2008, 10:24 PM
Huckabee supporters would have stopped and prayed for your truck to restart.

Romney supporters would just call their friends on a limo to pick them up.

Rudy supporters would say that your car broke because your mechanic is a Muslim Extremist.

McCain supporters wouldn't understand the problem and would just start babbling about the car they had in 1982.