PDA

View Full Version : Did Ron Paul wake you up?

icon124
01-29-2008, 09:47 PM
The question of the night is: Did RP wake you up? OR have you been awake for sometime now?

Me personally I can say that RP woke me up, and when I look back I will credit this man for me being prepared. I know a lot of you were already awake before RP came about, but I just wanted to let you guys know RP did accomplish what he wanted so far.

Another question: If you've been awake to this corrupt GOV'T before RP came along, how long have you? And how do you manage lol

thechitowncubs
01-29-2008, 09:47 PM
I woke up thanks to Ron Paul.

fuzzybekool
01-29-2008, 09:53 PM
I awoke from my deep freeze of political apathy on November 5th, 2007 after seeing numerous posts on youtube videos talking about something called a money bomb for Ron Paul who I never even knew existed until that day.

yongrel
01-29-2008, 10:00 PM
I was very politically driven and conscious, but before Ron Paul I didn't think that the system could be changed from within. He inspired me to become politically active, and not just politically bitter.

pinkmandy
01-29-2008, 10:07 PM
I was very politically driven and conscious, but before Ron Paul I didn't think that the system could be changed from within. He inspired me to become politically active, and not just politically bitter.

Same here. I was awake but felt powerless. Dr. Paul gave me the belief that we CAN change things and he did that by validating what I know and bringing all of US together. I had resigned myself to retiring from society. Now that we are all in contact, though, we are a force. We are no longer just a few dissenting people here and there throughout the country. We have strength and will continue to get stronger. There's no going back, kwim?

affa
01-29-2008, 10:10 PM
this is year 20 or so for me.
it gets easier.

and honestly, this year has been amazing! you guys just waking up might think it's tough, but imagine not having a support group like this! not to mention knowing thousands of others are too.

i had to wait years and years for this. hope i'm not dreaming.

eckstein88
01-29-2008, 10:16 PM
I wasn't quite awake yet, I thought I was just crazy :o

Sometimes I still wonder....can the entire country really be THAT ignorant, or am I just delusional and alt-brainwashed :eek:

RPinSEAZ
01-29-2008, 10:17 PM

Giant QFT!

Paulfan05
01-29-2008, 10:17 PM
I woke up Ron Paul

jk

Mandrik
01-29-2008, 10:37 PM
I wasn't sleeping, but I wasn't fully awake either. I knew what I saw was wrong, but I didn't have the answer. RP's message showed me the way.

PimpBlimp
01-29-2008, 10:41 PM
I woke up around 2004 and the increasing loss of our civil liberties (unjust war and patriot act)

Ron Paul has given me hope that we can elect a non-elitist bastard and restore America to its former glory

gracebkr
01-29-2008, 10:43 PM
I was living a nightmare. I knew everything was screwed up and our constitutional rights were thrown out the window a long time ago. But Ron Paul opened my eyes to the machine. I always wondered if the media was in on it, I know they are now. I am ready to fight for my rights, your rights,our children's rights and I am ready to die for it too. I felt like everyone else was sleeping and I used to sit around and rather unhealthily daydream about a time when there was freedom in this land and imagine what it was like. I actually started considering going away to the middle of nowhere and just living, then I would remember Ruby Ridge. I knew I was trapped. Once I heard Ron Paul I knew he had to be the next president and I checked his record and everything matched up and I was on board. So many people I know lost hope, I am trying to show them the way now. There is hope because of Ron Paul and because of us.

gracebkr
01-29-2008, 10:46 PM
this is year 20 or so for me.
it gets easier.

and honestly, this year has been amazing! you guys just waking up might think it's tough, but imagine not having a support group like this! not to mention knowing thousands of others are too.

i had to wait years and years for this. hope i'm not dreaming.

Hopefully it won't take 20 more. I hope we can stop this now so we don't have to watch 20 years go by. I have a feeling we won't. I know this movement is not going to end here.

Gertie
01-29-2008, 11:42 PM
I was already awake and seeing the sad state of US affairs before Ron came across my radar. Still, I was rather passive about my own libertarian political beliefs until I started college at an ultra liberal women's college, where for many students, the greatest political hero(ine) was Hillary. So I was pretty off the general track already as a gal who grew up seeing John Calhoun and Thomas Jefferson as heros... the contrasts definitely showed me the hypocrisy of the majority of "liberals" while cementing the absurdity of the "[neo]conservative" emphasis on regulating and legislating social relationships.

However, Ron Paul DID show me that it was possible to make a difference and not just vote third party in disgust or with resignation- and that I was not the only young voter who was in favor of strict constitutionally guided and limited government! If anyone had told me a year ago that I'd be voting Republican in 2008 AND taking an active part in canvassing, I would no doubt have laughed in disbelief. But Ron Paul has made me believe.

Ex Post Facto
01-29-2008, 11:43 PM
I've been awake. I was a lonely voice in the forest. At least until RP arrived. I saw someone to stand behind.

Spideynw
01-29-2008, 11:44 PM

+1

Kotin
01-29-2008, 11:57 PM
ron paul woke me up.

i always searched for him and found imperfection, and it just so happened that on the year i can vote, is the year of the Ron Paul Revolution!

Roadrcr
01-30-2008, 12:02 AM
Mike Gravel woke me up to honesty in politics again. He led me to Find Ron Paul then I REALLY woke up.

dt_
01-30-2008, 12:02 AM
I woke up because my alarm clock went off.

all J's in IL for RP
01-30-2008, 12:09 AM
Woke up under Bush 41.

chelu
01-30-2008, 12:19 AM
Second on the Gravel. He called out Obama in the first debate. "Who you planning to nuke?" I wouldn't say Gravel awakened me, but brought to my attention that the presidential primaries and debates had begun. Was awake on the foreign policy, which drew me, at first, to the guy (Gravel) who had the balls to actually utter the words, military-industrial complex. Checked out the rest, found Ron Paul, explained the war and lots of other things, through the Constitution. Then Ron Paul woke me up on economics, and economic liberty. If not for that, I'd probably be checking out the "Welcome Kucinich supporters" forum. Going with that same premise, had Ron Paul not been in this race, I probably would be the same place where the rest of our potential supporters are right now, fooled by the "fairy tale".

VoteForRonPaul
01-30-2008, 12:37 AM
Actually Ron Paul helped me answering a very confusing question which for a long time interrupted the process of my life and I kept asking it to my self.
The question was: What to do? What to do with all that you know about corruption and violation of law?
The answer finally was very simple more than I have ever thought it would be, the answer was: Vote for Ron Paul and if you cannot vote then support Ron Paul with all that you can. Ron Paul was the hope! And to find this huge number of people who believe in the message of freedom and to be able to cooperate with them, is the greatest accomplishment. Thanks to all of you guys (from the deep of my heart). We are doing something great guys. We are all together writing a history but not any history, it is a history which we all should be so proud of.