PDA

View Full Version : Get ready for the independent campaign

Badger Paul
01-29-2008, 08:52 PM
A lot will depend on what happens between Obama and Clinton, but I see McCain sweeping all before him now on Feb.5 (unless we can take a few caucuses) Republicans are going to want to settle up and watch Clinton and Obama tear each other apart. After Feb. 5, Ron should suspend his campaign, tell his supporters to get what deleagtes they can in the remaining states, win re-election to his Congressional district, then get ready for a fall campaign.

McCain means war. It's that simple. We have to stop him.

WarningSLO
01-29-2008, 08:58 PM
I'm not so sure about McCain dominating yet. The establishment GOP hates him. They'll be working hard to push Mitt. But since Feb. 5th is so soon, I can also see how the general public will react by voting for a "winner" candidate.

AlexMerced
01-29-2008, 08:59 PM
table it till after feb 5th

Ronin
01-29-2008, 09:01 PM
McCain has been given the nod by the higher ups. The GOP may hate it, but it's a done deal. We just have to keep fighting and hope for the best.

ronpaul_prophet
01-29-2008, 09:04 PM
Do we really want Dr. Paul to be the spoiler who puts HILLARY in office?? I mean McCain is bad, but she is much worse..... I don't want Dr. Paul to be the Ross Perot of this election.

derekjohnson
01-29-2008, 09:06 PM
Right now,Rasmussen has Paul at 15% against McCain and Hillary and 12% against McCain and Obama. If he stays in the republican fight until May with Mitt and McCain, his name recognition will improve and he will likely poll higher than the 15% he is getting today. 15% in National polls gets him into debates in September and October...from there, who knows what could happen. He has to poll ate greater than 15% by September though, or their is no chance.

derekjohnson
01-29-2008, 09:08 PM
Do we really want Dr. Paul to be the spoiler who puts HILLARY in office?? I mean McCain is bad, but she is much worse..... I don't want Dr. Paul to be the Ross Perot of this election.

Yes, we do. At the very least, Perot caused Bush to run on a true conservative platform. he didn't act on it, but he at least ran and won on it. If it takes Paul handing the presidency to Hillary, to change the republican party, or give real legitimacy to the libertarians, I will take it in the name of change.

dante
01-29-2008, 09:10 PM
I think Paul will sit back and let the economy fall apart over the next 4 years and then run again in 2012... and this time with all the organization in place... and all the lessons we have learned since then... we will be ready and funded from the get go.
And in the meantime he and we will focus on running Ron Paul Republicans and Ron Paul Democrats in every single federal election in 2010 when turnout will be much lower.

MadViking10
01-29-2008, 09:11 PM
I disagree, Paul should stay in for all 50 states. Never quit....then run 3rd party....to WIN !!

MadViking10
01-29-2008, 09:12 PM

This is a BS !! Vote for who you want to win. :mad:

JAlli41
01-29-2008, 09:13 PM

This isnt 1992, Ross Perot at the end of the day was all about Ross Perot, the guy could give a crap about the creation and efforts of building a 3rd party and if I remember correctly was really only a 1 issue candidates, Nafta. Also, if you remember correctly, Perot dropped out right before jumping back in, had he not dropped out he would have carried states and sent the election process into disaray. There is no doubt in my mind, that Ron Paul at full strength with full participation in the debates could win states and throw the system into flux with no clear majority, then the election would go to the Legislature where deals can be made. No one should ever feel guilt about not participating in the systems game, where you feel bad about not voting strategically, eventually if enough people decide to waste their vote on a third party candidate because the other two parties stink, he will get a ton of votes. BTW do any older folk remember a time in history where the people have been so angered and frustrated with the system itself as they are now? I have never seen both sides getting such an angry response from people.

Fields
01-29-2008, 09:14 PM
Ron Paul is still in this til the end!

wfd40
01-29-2008, 09:21 PM
good luck funding an independent run.. we cant muster shit right now in terms of dollars.. because we cant win shit.. so the sheeple wont donate.

Fact

affa
01-29-2008, 09:23 PM
what's everyone talking about? we're taking the nomination and the presidency. read your memos, please.

kyleAF
01-29-2008, 09:24 PM
He's gonna have a lot of bargaining power with us behind him to the end.

But watch 5 Feb, and the other 25 or so states (and GET OUT THE F***ING VOTE!) before you "decide" how he should best switch gears!

Jeremy
01-29-2008, 09:25 PM

The GOP doesn't need a spoiler to loose if someone else besides Paul wins the nomination.

familydog
01-29-2008, 09:25 PM
Can't this talk wait until we see what happens with the Republican nomination? As far as I know, Ron Paul has not dropped out.

DahuiHeeNalu
01-29-2008, 09:26 PM
Im a republican but i will not vote for McCain = Bush Jr. and Hillary is on the same level! why do people get all independent and give up posts it's BS!

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
01-29-2008, 09:27 PM
Bloomberg will enter the race in March/April if this goes brokered.

It would be fun to see a 4 party race if Ron doesn't get the Republican nom...

johnpp2
01-29-2008, 09:28 PM
Hillary would win against any GOP candidate--especially if they end up pairing her up with Obama. Ron Paul as an independent is the only hope this country has to avoid electing the CFR President.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-29-2008, 09:30 PM
It's pretty clear that McWarmonger will get the nomination now.

McWarmonger will lead us into war with Iran, and so he MUST be stopped. If Ron is at 15% right now against Hillary and McWarmonger, that number couple easily be doubled over the coming year, which would put Ron within striking distance of actually winning the White House.

After Feb 5, we need to GET OUT of the crumbling GOP, and run independent.

driller80545
01-29-2008, 09:33 PM
Why are so many people talking about RP as an independent candidate? Didn't he make it pretty clear that he wouldn't do that. Like 99.9% sure. I think we had better just keep working and get the tide turned and the wave going.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-29-2008, 09:35 PM
Why are so many people talking about RP as an independent candidate? Didn't he make it pretty clear that he wouldn't do that. Like 99.9% sure. I think we had better just keep working and get the tide turned and the wave going.

No, over the last week or so he has dropped two very strong hints that he is considering an independent run. One at the debate, and the other in his "Progress" video.

fj45lvr
01-29-2008, 09:36 PM
our real enemy is the democratic nominee, forget about the GOP candidate because they have no chance to win the election without something happening between now and november.

Freemason
01-29-2008, 09:36 PM
I am voting Ron Paul no matter what he does. I am not going to tell my kids that I sat by while their freedoms were being taken away.

angrydragon
01-29-2008, 09:43 PM
No, over the last week or so he has dropped two very strong hints that he is considering an independent run. One at the debate, and the other in his "Progress" video.

No, he said no...

"No, I have no intention of going into another party. I've been elected 10 times as a Republican. I was from a Republican family. And no, I don't have -- I don't plan to do that. I wish they would worry about it, you know, just in case. But no, I have no intention of doing that, but it might keep them on their toes."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVnOMMnMQSw

Plus, Dr. Paul won't be a spoiler, the Republicans will lose easy if Dr. Paul isn't the nominee for the GOP. The dems outnumber the reps by 3 to 1.

davidfarrar
01-29-2008, 09:58 PM
For two reason:

One, you forget, he is also running for re-election for his Texas Congressional seat. What's he going to do, run as an Independent for President and as a Republican for his Congressional seat? Come on! Get real!

Secondly, he has signed a "Loyalty Oath", as all candidates running under a Party banner do, stating he will support the Party's nominee.

So guys...Ron Paul may stay until the Convention to see if the big boys will throw him any crumbs, but I can guarantee you when the balloons start falling, Ron Paul will be on that stage with the rest of them throwing his support to the Republican Party's nominee

SovereignMN
01-29-2008, 10:03 PM
For two reason:
Secondly, he has signed a "Loyalty Oath", as all candidates running under a Party banner do, stating he will support the Party's nominee.

Source please? In every interview I've seen and read Paul has never said he would automatically endorse the GOP candidate.

angrydragon
01-29-2008, 10:18 PM
I think dems only have that loyalty oath.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-29-2008, 10:19 PM

That's a lie.

Akus
01-29-2008, 10:20 PM

shut up:mad:

this is why we keep getting crooks election after election. Lesser of the evil is still evil. I am shocked that some one who supports Ron Paul doesn't understand this. This is the CORE of his message.

spudea
01-29-2008, 10:21 PM
McCain cannot win against hillary.

filmmaker58
01-29-2008, 10:24 PM
The only chance the Republicans have of beating the democrats is either with Ron Paul as the candidate, or if there is another terrorist incident (actual or created). Hillary or either republican, it makes no difference. She is lying when she says she'll stop the war, and the NAU is inevitable with any of them.

virginiakid
01-29-2008, 10:29 PM
All I got to say is that if RP doesn't win the nomination, Hilary or Obama will win the white house.

sharkcity
01-29-2008, 10:41 PM
The Repubs need us more than we need them. We stay strong and united and there will be goodies doled out to us. The third party threat is bigtime and don't think thay don't know it. Be smart!! We are in the drivers seat!!

hellsingfan
01-29-2008, 10:52 PM
whoever is spouting independent, wth is the problem, concentrate on the current task!!! Anything else is distraction. Or are you guys democrats trying to split the vote.

Enough of independent, that'll happen when we have no hope, but get you head out of the sand bag and do something productive than to post this f'king posts which is psychologically effecting some people who won't do what they possibly could. WE STILL HAVE A CONVENTION TO WIN!!!! Get busy

armand61685
01-29-2008, 10:57 PM
Yes, we do. At the very least, Perot caused Bush to run on a true conservative platform. he didn't act on it, but he at least ran and won on it. If it takes Paul handing the presidency to Hillary, to change the republican party, or give real legitimacy to the libertarians, I will take it in the name of change.

+1

LukeNM
No thanks...

davidfarrar
Source please? In every interview I've seen and read Paul has never said he would automatically endorse the GOP candidate.

Call up your local Republican Party or your local Democratic Party. Believe me...it's standard practice. Every Party does it. A simple phone call that's all it would take if you question this point.

But think about it. Do you think any Party would allow someone to run under their Party banner and not endorse their Party's nominee? It doesn't make sense otherwise.

True, he can ignore his oath and bolt from the Party, but he would kiss his Texas Congressional seat good by as well, a race in which he has a Republican opponent.

By the way, I am beginning to think right now there might be the possibility of a Romney/Paul ticker

robert4rp08
01-29-2008, 10:58 PM
Never quit. Never run 3rd party. Don't vote for the lesser of two evils.

Vote for who you want. Write them in!

Ronin
01-29-2008, 10:59 PM

He also said as long as we continue to fund him he will continue to spread the message.

davidfarrar
01-29-2008, 11:01 PM
Never quit. Never run 3rd party. Don't vote for the lesser of two evils.

Vote for who you want. Write them in!

Don't forget to do that as well!

If you don't know what I am talking about, you had better ask before it is too late.

grizzums
01-29-2008, 11:02 PM

+1

crazyfingers
01-29-2008, 11:02 PM
How many times does RP need to deny that he is going to run third party before people start to believe him?

nbhadja
01-29-2008, 11:06 PM
How many times does RP need to deny that he is going to run third party before people start to believe him?

He is gonna run for 3rd party. He has hinted it a few times in the past week.

free.alive
01-29-2008, 11:09 PM
If it were to happen, it probably wouldn't begin until after the convention. That is, unless someone jumps out in front and is clearly going to go to the convention carrying 1191 delegates.

This we can't allow.

free.alive
01-29-2008, 11:10 PM
We literally need to be campaigning for the hearts and minds of elected delegates all the way up until September. If no one hits 1191, and they can vote their conscience, if we've communicated the message of freedom properly and shown ourselves as good examples of it, we will win them over.

literatim
01-29-2008, 11:13 PM
Ron Paul is not going to leave the Republican Party and give up his House seat to run 3rd party. It isn't ever going to happen, so give it up.

crazyfingers
01-29-2008, 11:14 PM
He is gonna run for 3rd party. He has hinted it a few times in the past week.

The progress video was in reference to the campaign for the nomination and the debate response was "I'm glad you're concerned". not "I'm going to do it." These supposed hints have no basis in reality.

He has said "it's not gonna happen" and "I'm ruling it out". Asked, "So if you don't get the Republican nomination you're out?" he said "That's right."

This is from an interview conducted about 2 weeks ago (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6hZfxsJ4lQ) If you continue to insist he is running third party you are basically calling him a liar. You can believe what you want but it's nothing more than a stupid distraction.

Peace&Freedom
01-29-2008, 11:23 PM
Ron Paul is not going to leave the Republican Party and give up his House seat to run 3rd party. It isn't ever going to happen, so give it up.

There is a third option: Paul stays in the Republican Party WHILE also accepting a third party line. He uses the latter to make the GOP opponent unelectable, making Paul the only viable option at the Republican convention. This will be rough, but doable because of the widescale opposition to McCain by many factions of the GOP. The 'sour grapes' laws apply to Presidential candidates only in TX, OH, SD, and WY, making it a surmountable obstacle (LRC has theorized his son Ron Paul JR could be put on the ballot in those states, then the electors could choose to cast their votes for Paul SR later).

Calvin
01-29-2008, 11:46 PM
our real enemy is the democratic nominee, forget about the GOP candidate because they have no chance to win the election without something happening between now and november.

Don't be a sheep. Vote for who best represents your views, not who the media pitches as the winner.

davidfarrar
01-30-2008, 12:03 AM
That's a lie....as a Republican?

Are you even a Republican?

davidfarrar
01-30-2008, 12:05 AM
There is a third option: Paul stays in the Republican Party WHILE also accepting a third party line. He uses the latter to make the GOP opponent unelectable, making Paul the only viable option at the Republican convention. This will be rough, but doable because of the widescale opposition to McCain by many factions of the GOP. The 'sour grapes' laws apply to Presidential candidates only in TX, OH, SD, and WY, making it a surmountable obstacle (LRC has theorized his son Ron Paul JR could be put on the ballot in those states, then the electors could choose to cast their votes for Paul SR later).

And run as an Independent 3rd Party candidate.

RevolutionSD
01-30-2008, 12:11 AM

Dude, they're both horrendous.

There are no parties. It's all the same, the media plays a shell game.
McCain would have us in Iraq 100 years, but guess what, so would Hillary.

Hillary would keep our taxes high, but guess what, so would Mccain the brilliant economist.

We CANNOT fall into the lesser of 2 evils trap.

Evil is evil is evil!

We are Ron Paul. We vote Ron Paul until the death. WE DO NOT COMPROMISE. If he drops out we can all make a decision. Until then, IT'S NOT FUCKING OVER, NEVER GIVE UP!

Crickett
01-30-2008, 12:13 AM

Me too.. and the vote in congress today had 35 against it--not just ONE so we can maybe neutralize any ass that gets in as president.

virginiakid
01-30-2008, 12:16 AM
There are two choices and they have both been discussed here on the board. Run as an Independent Candidate or don't run and take over the Republican party and win the nomination in 2012.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-30-2008, 12:16 AM
...as a Republican?

Are you even a Republican?

Yes I am. Show us proof of that stupid lie you posted.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-30-2008, 12:17 AM
There are two choices and they have both been discussed here on the board. Run as an Independent Candidate or don't run and take over the Republican party and win the nomination in 2012.

Yeah, because we're SO CLOSE to that happening. :rolleyes:

Wake up. The GOP is dying.

qh4dotcom
01-30-2008, 02:03 AM
I think Paul will sit back and let the economy fall apart over the next 4 years and then run again in 2012... and this time with all the organization in place... and all the lessons we have learned since then... we will be ready and funded from the get go.
And in the meantime he and we will focus on running Ron Paul Republicans and Ron Paul Democrats in every single federal election in 2010 when turnout will be much lower.

Are you sure? If he does, he'll break a record...start the term at age 76 and finish 80...and if McCain wins maybe he'll want re-election and Dr. Paul won't get another chance

moonshine5757
01-30-2008, 02:16 AM
would you vote for an Independent Obama/Ron Paul vp ticket?

tsetsefly
01-30-2008, 02:18 AM

I think mccain is worse than hillary, how many more wars do you want?

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-30-2008, 02:19 AM
I think mccain is worse than hillary, how many more wars do you want?

Exactly. McCain has basically guaranteed that he will attack Iran. I will take ANY democrat over him. I would vote for K-Fed or Pee Wee Herman before that psychopathic McWarmonger.

libertarian4321
01-30-2008, 02:22 AM
I've been a Republican most of my life.

I'm also a soldier.

Not a chance in HELL I'll vote for Mr. John "we need 100 years in Iraq" and "bomb bomb bomb Iran" McCain.

literatim
01-30-2008, 02:22 AM
MayTheRonBeWithYou, do something productive and become a precinct leader. You have almost 2,000 posts and you only registered in December. If you don't, you are just a hindrance to the campaign so please leave.

Shaun
01-30-2008, 02:24 AM
This thread is a joke...
RON PAUL IS NOT RUNNING 3RD PARTY.
GET USED TO IT.
NO CHANCE.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-30-2008, 02:25 AM
This thread is a joke...
RON PAUL IS NOT RUNNING 3RD PARTY.
GET USED TO IT.
NO CHANCE.

Wanna bet?

Primbs
01-30-2008, 02:31 AM
Talk radio is about to try to destroy McCain.

Rush really went after McCain in 2000.

Today on the Rush Limbaugh show, he played fifteen minutes of anti McCain songs.

zakkubin
01-30-2008, 02:31 AM
Erm... I don't think Paul would run 3rd party if Hillary is the nomination. He certainly disagrees with Republicans on Foreign policy but he disagrees with Hillary on almost everything.

could be wrong though. I know I'd vote for him then probably pack my bags to study abroad for a year or so...

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-30-2008, 02:32 AM
Talk radio is about to try to destroy McCain.

Rush really went after McCain in 2000.

Today on the Rush Limbaugh show, he played fifteen minutes of anti McCain songs.

I'm thinking we could actually pick up some Rush and Hannity and other talk radio listeners with an independent run. Ron would be the only answer to stopping Amnesty, for one thing.

Highstreet
01-30-2008, 02:36 AM
A lot will depend on what happens between Obama and Clinton, but I see McCain sweeping all before him now on Feb.5 (unless we can take a few caucuses) Republicans are going to want to settle up and watch Clinton and Obama tear each other apart. After Feb. 5, Ron should suspend his campaign, tell his supporters to get what deleagtes they can in the remaining states, win re-election to his Congressional district, then get ready for a fall campaign.

McCain means war. It's that simple. We have to stop him.

He won't do it. You can mark my words.

McCain will not sweep. He is the Media darling and Conservatives are starting to see that. We need to spread the message that he is being set up just like Huckabee to be an EASY mark for Dems in the General.

He is a KOOK who says things like "Bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb, Iran" and "we should stay in Iraq for 100 years". The Dems will crucify him. This is the message that will destroy his campaign.

That and the Vets who are swiftboating him on the POW issue:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=vFM1xqqTX_g