PDA

View Full Version : ABC Debate?

Johnnybags
08-04-2007, 05:06 PM
Anyone think Ron is going to be off camera most of the time and asked stupid questions only, like gays in the military. My fear is the three pretenders are going to get all the time, what should the others do about it during the debate, complain? I think they should demand equal time. I cannot believe I am looking forward to raising my blood pressure above humanly acceptable levels but..............

mconder
08-04-2007, 05:07 PM
What time is this debate?

LibertyEagle
08-04-2007, 05:08 PM
Think positively. Hey, people say it works. Ommmmmm........ Ommmmm.... :D

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-04-2007, 05:55 PM
Oh man, I was going to take a break and relax tonight. Now my blood pressure is back up. Thanks for the preemptive strike, JohnnyBags.

Repeat: nothing we can do, nothing we can do.

Just get ready to send in your post-debate-spike contribution tomorrow, get your pro-Paul blog posting prepared, and if they stiff the good doctor, take it out by wearing your best Ron Paul tshirt to church, and the mall, and the office, and by handing out lit. Better yet, spend the afternoon making calls and writing letters to Iowans.

Quantumystic
08-04-2007, 06:13 PM
What time is this debate?

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Decision2008/story?id=3437758&page=1

It appears to be a special edition of "This Week", which normally airs Sunday mornings at 11am/Eastern.

"DailyPaul" is also suggesting it'll be Sunday morning.

Wait! Here it is:

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/states/states/iowa/abc-iowa-debate-affiliate-schedule/

jorger
08-04-2007, 06:17 PM
how i wish this video would make it in...

http://ugv.abcnews.go.com/player.aspx?id=562420

the question was: from an Air Force Officer:

"A simple two-part question: has Rudy Giuliani completed the foreign policy reading assignment Ron Paul gave him; and how does he reconcile his lack of foreign policy experience as a candidate for Chief Diplomat?"

the abc site is currently down....

wecandoit
08-04-2007, 07:16 PM
Well, I'm confused as heck.

I just followed this link:
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/states/states/iowa/abc-iowa-debate-affiliate-schedule/

And it showed which TV stations will be airing it and at what time, it listed each as it's LOCAL time.

There are many various times listed, so it appears some will see it live, some tape delayed. But the confusing part is the "local" times they have listed.

I'm in Little Rock, and they say it will be on at 9 AM here, same time zone as Des Moines, which is getting it live at 8 AM, ok, I guess we get an hour delay. But look at the time for Los Angeles, it shows 8 AM too, that's 6 AM in Des Moines and Little Rock. So I guess they are getting it two hours before it happens????

Anyway, my biggest fear is almost no one will see it live, or taped delayed for that matter, and instead most everyone will hear about what happened in this debate after it has been edited and cut up to show the "chosen" candidates. All the talking heads and news shows will probably show clips of Rudy McRomney later in the day and throughout the week and leave Paul out completely after he owns the rest in the actual debate.

This will end up being a clip show of the globalist candidates.

We need to be ready to youtube the crap out of this thing.

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-04-2007, 07:23 PM
Hmmm. Ron Paul's flight doesn't arrive until 10 pm tonight. I sure hope they aren't debating at 6 am. He needs his rest! Naw, I know the Iowa folks are planning on being outside the debate studio around 6:30 to give RP a boost going in.

No idea how LA is getting it early. I suppose just the thought of RP lifting onerous regulations is enough to advance technology preemptively, allowing footage to be broadcast before it happens.

rockfree33
08-04-2007, 07:31 PM
Of course Ron Paul isn't going to get that much airtime in the debate. Snuffles already admitted on national TV that he has a bias toward him.

Sean
08-04-2007, 08:33 PM
The smug Stepinonallofus is hosting this debate.

LibertyEagle
08-04-2007, 09:24 PM
We need to be ready to youtube the crap out of this thing.

Agreed, but one of our biggest obstacles that we have to overcome as supporters is to think we can win this thing by the internet alone. There are a ton of people who either don't have the internet at all, or if they do, do not have high-speed access so they can't watch videos, or listen to radio interviews. We're going to have to get out there, pound the streets and do some of this the old-fashioned way, IMO.

Perry
08-04-2007, 09:35 PM
I don't think people give George stephanopoulos enough credit. Remember what he did to Clinton? He is harsh but i believe he is fair. I think he will surprise people.

jj111
08-04-2007, 09:38 PM
What the heck did he do to Clinton? And which Clinton?

Duckman
08-04-2007, 09:39 PM
I am optimistic. I think Stephanopolous realizes that Paul is taken very seriously, and that's why he did a feature story about him. He can't do such a feature story and then not ask a good question to him in the debate. It probably won't be a softball, but the answer might be newsworthy. I agree Ron Paul is still going to get less time to speak than other candidates, but I think it will be interesting. Too bad it will be at a time when nobody will watch it.

Perry
08-04-2007, 09:40 PM
What the heck did he do to Clinton? And which Clinton?

He quit the Clinton administration. (Because he has a conscience)

jj111
08-04-2007, 09:52 PM
He quit the Clinton administration. (Because he has a conscience)

Is that true??????? How do you know that is the reason he quit? How do you know it wasn't for other reasons?

LibertyEagle
08-04-2007, 09:53 PM
Snuffles is a member of the CFR. Nuff said.

jj111
08-04-2007, 09:54 PM
It is really unbelievable that they hold a presidential debate a 6am Pacific Time....

jj111
08-04-2007, 09:55 PM
I just checked CFR list and didn't see Snuffles on it... where is the confirmation that he is CFR?

http://www.stopthenorthamericanunion.com/CFRMembers.html#S

jj111
08-04-2007, 09:57 PM
I'll tell you though, Snuffles laid that out with premeditated planning:

Snuffles: What do you consider success for this campaign?
RP: Well, to win, would be one goal (duh... what else is a candidate going to say?)
Snuffles: That'll never happen.

Perry
08-04-2007, 10:01 PM
Is that true??????? How do you know that is the reason he quit? How do you know it wasn't for other reasons?

Well i don't know that i could prove it. I remember at the time he quit I was cheering George on and I at least believed it was because he was sick of Clintons games.
Specifically i think it was the monica scandal that did it but i can't remember.

Roxi
08-04-2007, 10:07 PM
did you guys see the last democratic debate? Gravel kept making humorous quips about unfair airtime and eventually the moderator and even other candidates were doing the same it ended up in a positive light and was taken well by everyone...
this is what i think RP should do... during the debate just keep making jokes about getting "his time"

stevedasbach
08-04-2007, 10:08 PM
At least ABC had him on their Sunday show, which is more than NBC or CBS have done.

Roxi
08-04-2007, 10:12 PM
oh and i dont know why you guys keep saying no one will see it

remember a lot of us grassrooters are young, and being a sat night most young people are not going to get up at 7 or 8 and watch it because they are out having fun the night before (yes I am at home posting about ron paul :D)

but A LOT of older people (especially the ones without internet that we NEED to see some of RP) ARE up at 8 am on a sunday, i am related to lots of old people and ALL of them get up around 7 on sundays... also this is right before people go to church for the 10 o clock service so the TV's will be on before church as well...

I bet in the crowd over 50 this debate has more viewers than the ones on at 8 at night

UtahApocalypse
08-04-2007, 10:18 PM
The Sunday morning news shows get a large audience. It might not be as big as a primetime debate, but it covers a different time.

Slugg
08-04-2007, 10:18 PM
oh and i dont know why you guys keep saying no one will see it

remember a lot of us grassrooters are young, and being a sat night most young people are not going to get up at 7 or 8 and watch it because they are out having fun the night before (yes I am at home posting about ron paul :D)

but A LOT of older people (especially the ones without internet that we NEED to see some of RP) ARE up at 8 am on a sunday, i am related to lots of old people and ALL of them get up around 7 on sundays... also this is right before people go to church for the 10 o clock service so the TV's will be on before church as well...

I bet in the crowd over 50 this debate has more viewers than the ones on at 8 at night

Isn't "This Week" pretty well watched? Plus, isn't it going to be on broadcast t.v.? I imagine it will have A TON of people watching.

LibertyEagle
08-04-2007, 10:21 PM
I just checked CFR list and didn't see Snuffles on it... where is the confirmation that he is CFR?

http://www.stopthenorthamericanunion.com/CFRMembers.html#S

I read it several years ago. I thought I read it in a JBS magazine, but who knows now. I also just did a search on their website and nothing with his name comes up at all. Kind of strange, because they talked about him a lot when Clinton was in office.

Without spending a lot more time looking right now, this is what I found:
http://www.jeremiahproject.com/newworldorder/nworder06.html

If I find something else, I'll post it.

james1906
08-04-2007, 10:21 PM
Here's a question that should be posed: The only people up right now are either puking from drinking last night or getting ready for church. Name something about yourself that will appeal to both groups.

BizmanUSA
08-05-2007, 07:42 AM
From TK's email this morning at Pittsburgh/western PA Meetup

In case anyone was awake and unaware, ABC locaal affiliate WTAE is going to be showing the Iowa debate at 10:30 AM today. Make sure you watch and vote afterward. If we don't "spam" them, they'll think something is wrong!

My 2 cents is turn it on at 10 AM just in case - you know ANYTHING to throw us a curve!

BizmanUSA

BizmanUSA
08-05-2007, 08:03 AM
I am optimistic. I think Stephanopolous realizes that Paul is taken very seriously, and that's why he did a feature story about him. He can't do such a feature story and then not ask a good question to him in the debate. It probably won't be a softball, but the answer might be newsworthy. I agree Ron Paul is still going to get less time to speak than other candidates, but I think it will be interesting. Too bad it will be at a time when nobody will watch it.

What?

Ya I know, there are issues about what time and we ALL want to see it live BUT Hasn't Anyone heard of REPLAY?

Call one person you know and tell them it is coming on in 5 minutes (or soon) tell them to call one person and so on . . . then tell them to record it on their DVD recorder / VCR or whatever but do it NOW

How much time do we have to cast our SPAM . . . I mean VOTE after the broadcast for whatever time the debate airs?

Do you think the multiple air times may have somrthing to do with MSM trying to prove that the RP votes cast are coming from the non-existant SPAM central? SORRY just a bit of paranoid seeping out! :D

Johnnybags
08-05-2007, 08:38 AM
Ron would have drubbed them on healthcare and taxes so just do not let him speak, it was blatently obvious, they are scared as heck to give equal time.

lapi7
08-05-2007, 09:51 AM
I watched the ABC Republician debate today and found myself somewhat disheartened...

As much as I dearly love and admire Dr. Paul, I am shocked with his usual brilliant answers to debate questions!

As usual, I was very angry at the limited time he was given as well as the horrible selection of questions he received.

As usual, being voted “The Taxpayers Best Friend” by the NTU year after year, and his adamant stand to abolish the IRS, when it came to the tax issue he was left out!

As usual, being the only medical doctor on stage, when it came to health care he was left out!

But, at the end, when they gave all the candidates the opportunity to answer the question “If elected what would you restore to the Oval office?” I almost came out of my skin waiting and anticipating Ron’s turn knowing he would hit a Grand Slam!

Here is something along the lines that I believed he might have said:
“I would restore the Constitution to the Oval Office.”
“I would restore the original vision of our Founding Fathers.”
“I would restore the Constitution by abolishing the IRS.”
“I would restore the Constitution by bringing all our troops from around the globe.”
“I would restore the Constitution by not policing the world and forcing our democracy on others at the point of a gun.”
“I would restore the Constitution by not starting needless pre-emptive wars.”
“ I would restore the Constitution by securing our own borders first.”
“I would restore the Constitution by abolishing the Federal Reserve.”
“I would restore the Constitution by abolishing the Patriot Act and any other laws that allow any branch of government powers not allowed them by the Constitution.”
“I would restore the Constitution by not allowing the government to snoop in on every Americans personal information and intrude on their privacy.”
“I would restore the Constitution by not allowing National ID Cards.”

The list is endless…but what I wrote as an example above could have been spoken in 30 seconds or less.

But he did not mention almost any of these things.
His somewhat obscure answer was to mention that he would restore openness and stop government secrecy. Allow privacy for the people and not allow executive privelage to deny information to the congress. Also transparency in government...I'm sorry to say that I personally do not think that this was the Grand Slam he could have hit with this very open question...and I'm also very sorry to say that I believe that this has cost him some points in Iowa.

Also, after the question was posed Ron was almost at the very far end, giving him plenty of time to think of those brilliant, awe provoking answers he usually provides.

Dr. Paul also seemed a bit tense and spoke quite rapidly when answering questions.

As I mentioned before, as much as I dearly love and admire Dr. Paul, I am disappointed in how he handled himself in this debate…but he’s still my hero.

BizmanUSA
08-05-2007, 02:49 PM
Surprised but please to see many of the Republican candidates adopting more than a few of the major platform issues that presidential candidate Ron Paul has brought to the table.

At least 4 of the candidates that appeared today in the ABC Republican Debate held in Iowa today brought up and/or mentioned America's tax system, the illegal immigration issue, the lack of protection of our borders.

These are only a few of the important issues that Ron Paul the 10 Term Congressman from Texas has been continually trying to make all aware in the Legislative and Executive Branch of the U.S. Government that were headed for trouble.

Well guess what?

The Bad Ship Lollipop is docking and before it drops anchor we as U.S. citizens need to turn it around and we need not only do this for ourselves and our children but our grand children and all the future generations to come!

The most direct route is to ELECT Ron Paul.

BizmanUSA

Liberty
08-05-2007, 06:31 PM
Did anyone else think many of the questions asked at the debate were totally asinine? How about a question about the subprime fiasco and what caused it? I would love to see other candidates squirm on questions regarding economics.