PDA

View Full Version : abc reports ron paul supports fair tax in profile

cien750hp
01-29-2008, 08:21 PM
they just did a candidate profile of ron paul
said he supports fair tax, meaning get rid of the IRS but have a national 23% sales tax

it sounded like a national piece, but was aired on ABC 7 in colorado

pressure them into retracting it?

(303) 832-0200
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/contact7/index.html

Steele
01-29-2008, 08:26 PM
they just did a candidate profile of ron paul
said he supports fair tax, meaning get rid of the IRS but have a national 23% sales tax

it sounded like a national piece, but was aired on ABC 7 in colorado

pressure them into retracting it?

(303) 832-0200
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/contact7/index.html

Ron Paul is on record (CSPAN) as saying he would vote for the Fairtax--as a step in the right direction. Obviously, he doesn't support it as a part of his platform. ABC probably got the info from Fairtax.org

paulgeek
01-29-2008, 08:36 PM
Paul supports the NoTax (TM) plan. I used to be for the Fairtax until I realized the only difference between the Fairtax and income tax is whether the government kisses you before or after they rape ya.

ItsTime
01-29-2008, 08:38 PM
the only fair tax is NO TAX

rdenner
01-29-2008, 08:39 PM
he supports the FAIR tax as an imperfect step..

Exarel
01-29-2008, 08:39 PM
As flat as ZERO :)

kirkblitz
01-29-2008, 08:50 PM
i have seen this reported in my local paper and a paper in the state capital. It seems like they are all using the AP as the source for the info. at least for those 2 papers

driller80545
01-29-2008, 08:53 PM
How can we be this far into an election and the media still not know a candidates platform? Who's fault is that?

Taco John
01-29-2008, 08:54 PM
you should listen to Ron Paul talk about the issue before knee jerking.

Ron Paul does support the fair tax as an imperfect step in the right direction.`

trout007
01-29-2008, 08:55 PM
The reason the Fair Tax is better then the current system is as follows.

With the IRS you are guilty until proven innocent.

Big invasion into privacy having to turn over all of your financial information every year.

The Fair Tax as written is revenue neutral. As we scale down the government it is easy to lower that one rate.

cien750hp
01-29-2008, 08:57 PM
you should listen to Ron Paul talk about the issue before knee jerking.

Ron Paul does support the fair tax as an imperfect step in the right direction.`

however the way the reports are worded no one who isn't a ron paul supporter would know that. people may think he's in support of this crazy high sales tax and be turned off of him. he has made it clear his goal is to abolish the irs and replace it with nothing, thats what they should report.

Steele
01-29-2008, 09:03 PM
however the way the reports are worded no one who isn't a ron paul supporter would know that. people may think he's in support of this crazy high sales tax and be turned off of him. he has made it clear his goal is to abolish the irs and replace it with nothing, thats what they should report.

Well, the good side of that argument is, Huckabee supporters who are with him strictly for the Fairtax (believe me there are a lot) will have a place to go when he drops out, Ron Paul.

kyleAF
01-29-2008, 09:31 PM
Well, the good side of that argument is, Huckabee supporters who are with him strictly for the Fairtax (believe me there are a lot) will have a place to go when he drops out, Ron Paul.

Yep. Anyone who is not yet aware of just how friggin' HUGE the FairTax movement is nationwide, needs to do some research. Huckabee isn't just getting evangelical support... In fact, I would bet that his "grassroots" Huck's Army ilk, are none other than a redirected FairTax grassroots movement (at least the majority of the leaders).

Which, again, is HUGE.

Seriously.

The FairTax is nothing more than a step, though, as it doesn't solve the underlying problem of way too much deficit spending...

RSLudlum
01-29-2008, 09:35 PM
The reason the Fair Tax is better then the current system is as follows.

With the IRS you are guilty until proven innocent.

Big invasion into privacy having to turn over all of your financial information every year.

The Fair Tax as written is revenue neutral. As we scale down the government it is easy to lower that one rate.

but you cannot guarantee a lowering of the rate, are we suppose to trust the congress with this call?...also as we all know it's still feeding the beast....i say we starve the beast