PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else going to California Debate?

dan barry
01-29-2008, 08:11 PM
I live in Burbank California. I've never been to any debate, fundraising gala, protest, or a march in my life. I'm a huge Ron Paul supporter, and I was wondering if I was even allowed to go to Simi Valley. I'm envisioning thousands of Ron Paul supporters swarming the Ronald Reagan Library. But there is no such talk of this that I'm aware of.

I'm currently unemployed, because there is no incentive for me to work(they'll take out 35% of my paycheck otherwise), so I have all day long available to support Ron in Simi Valley. I'd rather go to Simi Valley than stay at home endlessly clicking the refresh button on my computer to see the latest rigged poll results.

What should I bring?, and what should i Expect? Thanks.

patriotic_dad
01-29-2008, 08:18 PM
Hey! This is patriotic dad wife. The two of us are going w/our 2 yr old. And a couple from our meetup group. We also donated w/the special code to go to the hotel so we can watch the debate, Ron Paul post debate speech and meet him! We are SO STOKED!

Lord Xar
01-29-2008, 08:20 PM
wait. You guys are GOING INTO THE DEBATE or meeting afterewards for the rally?
I thought the debate was closed for invite only.

Ronin
01-29-2008, 08:21 PM
Edit: misunderstanding

Krunko
01-29-2008, 08:22 PM
I'll be at the rally afterwards.

http://people.ronpaul2008.com/california/2008/01/27/ron-paul-in-simi-valley/

You should come! It's a $100 donation, and Ron Paul will be there and there's a good chance you'd get to meet him.

Yipee.

patriotic_dad
01-29-2008, 08:28 PM
No... There is a hotel nearby that the local meetup group selected to watch the debate (I believe)... This hotel has been reserved for this. And after the debate Ron Paul will be coming in to give a speech and we get to meet and greet. We had to donate $100 per person. It starts at 6:30 and ends at 10PM

Ibgamer
01-29-2008, 08:28 PM
I would love to go, but I have to work :(

Hopefully he stays in cali for a while!

patriotic_dad
01-29-2008, 08:34 PM
Hey Dan Barry... We dont know what to expect either. We are bringing our signs camera and video camera...

Now, how will I prevent ppl from making noise during his speech?? :) I assume there will be a ton of excitement.. Especially if he wipes the floor up w/the jokers in the debate...

angrydragon
01-29-2008, 08:39 PM
Dr. Paul should make a short speech and have a Q&A session.

dan barry
01-29-2008, 09:00 PM
So for the people that cant attend the debate or the post-debate rally, is there any place for Ron Paul supporters to hang out or show some love? thanks.

Fields
01-29-2008, 09:22 PM
I'll be at the debate reporting for Moorpark College.