PDA

View Full Version : Results??

Nic4Truth
01-29-2008, 08:05 PM
Where are they reporting Oklahomas results? Anywhere yet?

ashlux
01-29-2008, 08:24 PM
Where are they reporting Oklahomas results? Anywhere yet?

The precinct meetings are about an informal straw poll, electing delegates to the county convention, and some other random precinct-level issues (submitting county platform proposals, etc).

I just posted a thread on how all the precincts in District 94 went.

acptulsa
01-30-2008, 08:04 AM
The precinct meetings are about an informal straw poll, electing delegates to the county convention, and some other random precinct-level issues (submitting county platform proposals, etc).

I just posted a thread on how all the precincts in District 94 went.

We got a lot of our delegates in place so we can trust them at the county and state conventions. Now comes the hard part--changing minds in time for Super Tuesday, when the actual primary (a normal poll, not a caucus) happens.

acroso
01-30-2008, 10:28 AM
IDK understand...are the delegates bound in Oklahoma?

acptulsa
01-30-2008, 01:03 PM
IDK understand...are the delegates bound in Oklahoma?

They are--unless and until the leading candidate Tuesday drops out of the race. We're next door to Arkansas and Huckabee is big here. If he wins then drops out before the convention, all delegates are unbound from convention day one.

ashlux
01-30-2008, 04:03 PM
They are--unless and until the leading candidate Tuesday drops out of the race. We're next door to Arkansas and Huckabee is big here. If he wins then drops out before the convention, all delegates are unbound from convention day one.

I'm not sure that is right. But I hope it is!

Here is what I do know:

Oklahoma has 41 delegates for the National Republican Convention:

* 15 district delegates, three for each of Oklahoma's five US Congressional districts. Each district delegate is pledged to the Presidential candidate who receives the most primary votes in their district.
* 10 at-large delegates. At-large delegates are awarded to each state regardless of its size. At-large delegates are pledged to the Presidential candidate who receives the most primary votes statewide.
* 13 bonus delegates. Bonus delegates are awarded to states for having US Senator and governors from the Republican party as well as sending a a Republican majority to the House. Like at-large delegates, bonus delegates are pledged to the Presidential candidate who receives the most primary votes statewide.
* 3 party delegates. The party delegates are the National Committeeman, the National Committeewoman, and the chairman of the Oklahoma Republican Party. The three party delegates are not pledged to any Presidential candidate.