PDA

View Full Version : What Ron said about Florida

Exarel
01-29-2008, 07:45 PM
So, while the media will focus on the results from Florida, and probably take down the campaign of my friend Rudy in the process, those results are less important to you and me. Let them fight in Florida while we bring our message to Americans in other areas, like the economically hard-hit state of Maine.

Our results in Florida should come as no surprise to anyone. It is important that we don't lose motivation and not get Ron Paul the money he asked for.

i think it was extremely smart to let grassroots handle florida while the campaign and our $$$ went after states that we have a shot at instead. good move

+1

SRRP77
01-29-2008, 07:48 PM
i want all the people that are whining about florida to stfu.

whether we spent 20m, 2m or 200k- it doesnt matter. rudy spent all of his time and money in florida and isn't going to win and guess what...

winner takes all...so whether u are in 2nd or 5th it doesn't matter!!!

senior citizens are not effected by anti-war or pro-life...they are vets and support mccain

rich people who are all over florida vote romney

look at the results, it's pretty easy to figure out- everyone who is whining just stop.

GoDrNo
01-29-2008, 07:50 PM

whether we spent 20m, 2m or 200k- it doesnt matter. rudy spent all of his time and money in florida and isn't going to win and guess what...

senior citizens are not effected by anti-war or pro-life...they are vets and support mccain

look at the results, it's pretty easy to figure out- everyone who is whining just stop.

QFT

SRRP77
01-29-2008, 07:53 PM
QFT

haha what's qft mean?

steph3n
01-29-2008, 07:54 PM
haha what's qft mean?

quote for truth

Exarel
01-29-2008, 07:54 PM
Quoted For Truth

sidster
01-29-2008, 07:57 PM
haha what's qft mean?

quote for truth.

But i disagree with your one point that you say it doesn't
matter. It does matter that we come in last. It means
other States that are watching get the impression that
RP really doesn't have a chance coming in dead last, so
why "throw" their votes away?

It is psychological ... a solid 3rd would've done us much
good for Super-Tuesday.

AlexMerced
01-29-2008, 08:02 PM
yeah, honestly to think we we had over 36,000 patriots vote for our man today is heartwarming, that's a lot of people and you know every single one of them are in it for the long haul.

SRRP77
01-29-2008, 08:02 PM
yeah but no matter where we place it seems the media doesn't cover it...so who's to believe the media would have cared about second in florida. we placed second in nevada despite the media and i believe we will continue to do it where we can.

UK4Paul
01-29-2008, 08:03 PM
Precisely. Florida is Winner Takes All, so unless you're 1st there, you're nobody :)

dirka
01-29-2008, 08:05 PM

I agree 100% with you. But the thing that makes me worried are the chicken shit sheep that don't want to "waste" their vote. If everyone thinks mccain will win, then thats that, so even though it doesn't matter that he lost, I would have liked to see a little more support so its easier to make the arguement that he can win.

sharpsteve2003
01-29-2008, 08:05 PM
It just means we need to help Super Tuesday states big time. One week to get it done.

surf
01-29-2008, 08:06 PM
while we're educating - what is pwn or pwnd?
i figured the f in qft must have stood for a different word...

sidster
01-29-2008, 08:07 PM
yeah but no matter where we place it seems the media doesn't cover it...so who's to believe the media would have cared about second in florida. we placed second in nevada despite the media and i believe we will continue to do it where we can.

I can tell you from person experience the 2nd place in Nevada
was very helpful to get people I speak with motivated and assured
that RP has a very good chance. That an reported 2nd in LA.

I've had these same people and others I'm trying to convince that
RP is a viable candidate ask me "How do you think he'll do in Florida?"
My answer has been, that I think he will at least be Giuliani, hoping
that we would place in solid 3rd or our usual 4th.

These people I speak with will be voting 7 days from now. I got
one guy who has never ever registered to vote to register. He
has never thought his vote matters and that the candidates don't
seem all that different. Nevada 2nd was a great help in getting
him to think that there is a realistic chance to do well...

You see where I'm going... no?

-lotus-
01-29-2008, 08:08 PM
i think it was extremely smart to let grassroots handle florida while the campaign and our $$$ went after states that we have a shot at instead. good move

Exarel
It is important that we don't lose motivation and not get Ron Paul the money he asked for.

-lotus-

pwn = own
pwnd = owned

Exarel
01-29-2008, 08:09 PM

Yep :)

-lotus-
01-29-2008, 08:09 PM
It is important that we don't lose motivation and not get Ron Paul the money he asked for.

if guilianna drops out before super tuesday, that will be enough of a reason to celebrate another 50 bucks to the campaign =)

zach
01-29-2008, 08:11 PM

pwnd:
past tense of pwn;

An internet chat language variety/version of the word "owned", used in the sense of beating/defeating/outclassing someone. Usually used in games such as Counter-strike or on messageboards when a user posts arguments or insults that can't possibly be counter-argued.

Arguably considered so-called "l33t-speak"

"I am going to pwn you like I did your mother last night"

from urban dictionary :D

ForrestLayne
01-29-2008, 08:12 PM
Remember - Florida is a WINNER TAKE ALL
Anything less than winning = same number of delegates

Ron Paul spent little money compared to the other four..the ghoul went all in remember?

Florida cost the others SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS of campaign cash - they are going to be really hurting and only the winner gets delegates.

No real difference between 2nd and last except MILLIONS OF DOLLARS WASTED.

Ron Paul is in excellent shape to continue... think about the others.

Ron Paul is playing chess the others are playing checkers!!!!!!!

Phantom
01-29-2008, 08:12 PM
Thanks for posting that quote Exarel. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/gfx_RedWhiteBlue/icons/icon14.gif

Exarel
01-29-2008, 08:13 PM

haha

zach
01-29-2008, 08:17 PM
don't you get it?

ron paul is playing stratego while the others are playing strategery, lol

cheese
01-29-2008, 08:26 PM
bump

mcgraw_wv
01-29-2008, 08:33 PM
Grassroots is like home field advantage in betting...

When 2 teams facing each other are equally as good, then Vegas puts the betting line at 3 points for the home team.

When we the grassroots are left to a state, all we can do is get 3%... It does require the campaign to make an effort... and then the grassroots adds in 3% on top of the offical effort.

In Florida, it's ok, we got what we could as a purely grassroots effort... That's ok... We needed to have Ron focus else where, and thats fine...

We did well, sleep well, adn lets get the focus on Super Tuesday.

dante
01-29-2008, 08:36 PM
Donate Donate Donate Donate!

VoteForRonPaul
01-29-2008, 09:36 PM
Glad we did not spend much!

Sey.Naci
01-29-2008, 09:51 PM
http://ronpaulgraphs.com/rp_vs_huck_today.png

Coola
01-29-2008, 09:51 PM
Remember - Florida is a WINNER TAKE ALL
Anything less than winning = same number of delegates

Ron Paul spent little money compared to the other four..the ghoul went all in remember?

Florida cost the others SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS of campaign cash - they are going to be really hurting and only the winner gets delegates.

No real difference between 2nd and last except MILLIONS OF DOLLARS WASTED.

Ron Paul is in excellent shape to continue... think about the others.

:D

justatrey
01-29-2008, 10:19 PM
bump

InLoveWithRon
01-29-2008, 10:20 PM
So, while the media will focus on the results from Florida, and probably take down the campaign of my friend Rudy in the process, those results are less important to you and me. Let them fight in Florida while we bring our message to Americans in other areas, like the economically hard-hit state of Maine

Ron is a genius. He saw all of this coming yet why are we panicking?

Trust in the good doctor and do all he says.

Exarel
01-29-2008, 10:21 PM
Bump

Exarel
01-30-2008, 07:34 AM
Bump.. i hope people don't lose hope! Also, read the new email he sent out. The campaign is going in a positive direction.

yongrel
01-30-2008, 07:39 AM
http://ronpaulgraphs.com/rp_vs_huck_today.png

Noice!

cayton
01-30-2008, 07:47 AM
Ignoring FLA was a good move. Personally, if I were running the campaign, I doubt I'd spend a dime on states that were winner take all. Thats not a fight that Paul is going to win

Patriot0811
01-30-2008, 07:48 AM
DELEGATES people DELEGATES