PDA

View Full Version : Could it play out like this after super tuesday?

Grandson of Liberty
01-29-2008, 07:34 PM
McCain gains momentum,

Giuliani drops,

Huck runs out of money and calls it a day.

Romney gets tired of spending his own money and hangs it up

And then there were two vastly different candidates on stage. Ron Paul and John McAmnesty, at which point RP wipes the floor with the guy who is obviously out of his league when it comes to intelligence, record, and conservatism.

Could it happen? A guy can dream can't he?

Jeremy
01-29-2008, 07:39 PM
Romney and Huck probably won't drop.

But by stage I'm guessing you mean debate... are there any planned after Tuesday?

dircha
01-29-2008, 07:42 PM
Seriously. No.

We've raised only a little more than $3 million in about a month.

Romney can easily match that. Do you really think Romney is going to throw in the tower rather than stay in for another $3 mil/month of his own money?

Grandson of Liberty
01-29-2008, 07:47 PM
Seriously. No.

We've raised only a little more than $3 million in about a month.

Romney can easily match that. Do you really think Romney is going to throw in the tower rather than stay in for another $3 mil/month of his own money?

Granted, you are probably right, but if it's looking like he's not going to win it all, would he really want to spend millions on losing? Supposedly he's smart with money (even though it looks like he just flushed a bunch down the florida toilet)

But like I said, it's a dream scenario. :) It would just be nice to be able to see RP go up against a frontrunner mano-a-mano, and the current situation just isn't allowing it.

LibertyForever
01-29-2008, 07:48 PM
No im starting to lean towards the idea that Ron Paul will get between 3 and 12% in every state on super tuesday and that we will continue what we've been doing unfortunately i dont think we will get a surge.

Seadeus
02-01-2008, 04:49 PM
Romney does not need to drop out because of money but Romney may drop out if the GOP gives him an incentive to clear the way for McCain. However, I am afraid just the opposite is the case. That is that the GOP wants him in it with McCain to keep Ron Paul out of the spotlight.

kirkblitz
02-01-2008, 04:57 PM
cnn debate on
CNN Republican Debate From Ohio Sponsored by the Ohio Republican Party February 28

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/01/31/more-cnn-debates-on-the-horizon/

Naraku
02-02-2008, 01:52 PM
If Huckabee can't carry any state on Tuesday he'd probably drop. Otherwise I think he'll stay in.

nate895
02-02-2008, 02:47 PM
Win in one Southern state, and win the caucus states. This kills both Huckabee and Romney, they drop (Romney doesn't want to spend much more of his cash) and it's Paul v. McCain, we win.

angelatc
02-02-2008, 03:12 PM
ROmney isn't going to drop. Why would he?

nate895
02-02-2008, 03:15 PM
ROmney isn't going to drop. Why would he?

He doesn't want to spend more of his money, plus he lost to Paul in a lost of states.

Naraku
02-02-2008, 07:03 PM
What? He beat him in Louisiana. Other than Louisiana and South Carolina Romney's gotten second or first and in those other two states he got third. We've beaten him in Louisiana and that's it. The guy is spending money to just cart people to the caucus or primary. It's where so much of his vote goes and comes from.

Romney's treating this election like a business operation.

nate895
02-02-2008, 08:32 PM
What? He beat him in Louisiana. Other than Louisiana and South Carolina Romney's gotten second or first and in those other two states he got third. We've beaten him in Louisiana and that's it. The guy is spending money to just cart people to the caucus or primary. It's where so much of his vote goes and comes from.

Romney's treating this election like a business operation.

I was saying on Super Tuesday, possibly.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
02-03-2008, 05:50 AM
McCain gains momentum,

Giuliani drops,

Rudy already dropped at this point.

Huck runs out of money and calls it a day.

He may stay in just to muck things up. He's looking for a job in the administration at this point.

Romney gets tired of spending his own money and hangs it up

35 million and counting. Coming in 2nd does him no good at all, since McCain doesn't like him. At some point, he's going to have to deal with the fact that he already blew all of that money and should be throwing good money after bad.

And then there were two vastly different candidates on stage. Ron Paul and John McAmnesty, at which point RP wipes the floor with the guy who is obviously out of his league when it comes to intelligence, record, and conservatism.

But Rudy, Romney, and Huckabee will still get more media coverage than Paul. So, it's really still up to us to get the word out.

nate895
02-03-2008, 11:58 AM
But Rudy, Romney, and Huckabee will still get more media coverage than Paul. So, it's really still up to us to get the word out.

No, because talk radio will cover the anti-McCain candidate, and most of Republican Primary voters listen to talk radio.

dt_
02-03-2008, 06:03 PM
even if the others drop out, and its just mccain and paul, the msm will ignore paul's candidacy and say mccain is the only candidate left standing. which means that the GOP will probably just have to accept mccain as the nominee even though a lot of conservatives dislike mccain.

KevinR
02-03-2008, 08:42 PM
Should we be hoping for a brokered convention or a 1v1 vs McCain? In a 1v1 Paul would obviously destroy him in a debate, but it seems McCain's pure momentum will get him the majority :/

jasonuher
02-03-2008, 11:59 PM
Should we be hoping for a brokered convention or a 1v1 vs McCain? In a 1v1 Paul would obviously destroy him in a debate, but it seems McCain's pure momentum will get him the majority :/

I'm 98% sure there is no 'debating' at a brokered convention.

With that said, if Huck and Mitt drop out, the MSM will completely ignore Ron and start focusing on how McCain will battle the dems. Why would McCain even agree to a debate if it was just him and Paul? Ron would wipe the god damned floor with him, and mac has the illusion of electability.

I'm about 103% sure that if it was down to McCain VS Paul we would be just as ignored as we are now.

pacelli
02-04-2008, 12:42 AM
cnn debate on
CNN Republican Debate From Ohio Sponsored by the Ohio Republican Party February 28

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/01/31/more-cnn-debates-on-the-horizon/

Assuming Paul gets in, we'll see the same treatment as the previous CNN debate.

pacelli
02-04-2008, 01:37 AM
He doesn't want to spend more of his money, plus he lost to Paul in a lost of states.

He can probably fund his campaign from the interest alone off of his $350 million (plus however much he has stashed away in gold, silver, and overseas accounts).

He lost to Paul in Louisiana at best. That's 1 state. Paul has lost to Romney in every other state so far.

It makes no sense for Romney to drop out (even though I wish he would).