PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about joining! is it too late for super tues?

Nic4Truth
01-29-2008, 07:33 PM
I am rather shy, my husband is much more outgoing. We work together (very well) and I live in a large condo complex.

So, what does this entail? Is there a way to do it that wont drain my finances? We work on commissions here, lol. Will i be answering a ton of calls? Or having to attend meetings or anything? I have time mostly during the day, oddly enough, since i have part time hours from home.

Can i hang stuff on door knobs? thats cheaper then mailings. Put signs around town.. what else can a passive girl do who cant simply sit and do nothing? (my guilt is getting the best of me).

And, another issue - my state votes super tuesday, is it too late for me to sign up? I will be away this weekend sat-sun, but i still have some of this week, and Mon/tue - should i do it?

angelatc
01-29-2008, 07:35 PM
I am very shy. It takes every ounce of courage I have to do this. But I do it for Ron Paul.

I do not go door to door. I am phoning.

It is not too late. It will be too late on Feb 6.

The phone calls are free unless you have a cell phone, because you're calling your neighbors.

Nic4Truth
01-29-2008, 07:40 PM
I have an idea! This Thursday is the only good weather day coming up around me. It happens to also be the day a neighboring town (over the border) is having a large open free Ron Paul forum. Im thinking of inviting people to the forum, or making a flyer. I think that would work well around here!!!

Nic4Truth
01-29-2008, 10:26 PM
I was just about to sign up, but I have to pledge that i will be at the voting location, and help voters get to the location. Is this an absolute must? OR, can i just do what i can at this point of the game?

thanks!

terlinguatx
01-29-2008, 10:26 PM

krott5333
01-29-2008, 10:34 PM
just do it! if you dont, you will regret not doing everything in your power to change this country.

I hate the feeling of regret. :(

jrich4rpaul
01-29-2008, 11:59 PM
"Let it not be said that we did nothing."

-Ron Paul

bg1654
01-30-2008, 11:59 AM
I waffled for a good couple of weeks, perhaps even a month, on becoming a precinct leader. After reviewing the training videos I have come to realize that is much easier than I thought it would be. For shy people, like myself, the worst part is canvassing. If you can get past the first 5 houses you are golden! It gets so much easier after that. The good thing about the the lack of media exposure for Ron Paul is that people tend to be genuinely interested in learning more because they basically know nothing about him. If you still have trouble getting started canvassing then go with another person in another precinct in a secondary role. This will help you get acclimated to the heat before throwing you in the fire so to speak. :)

My advice is to go for it! You will not regret it and you will perhaps break your shyness.

Nic4Truth
01-30-2008, 02:46 PM
I did it! :D I picked up some slim jims and lit for a mass mailing and canvassing (if i can) but at least i will be mailing. This is not nearly as hard as I thought. I guess "Precinct leader" seems much more intimidating a title then it really is.

But i have to say- there are VERY FEW Precinct leaders in my county. Just a handful, and there are sooo many precincts (i was really surprised how small they are). People we need many more of you to sign up today! Dont wait!!!!

WilliamC
01-30-2008, 02:48 PM
My slim jims just got delivered today, so I'll be canvassing this weekend!

paulite2008
01-30-2008, 06:03 PM
Not even 15k leaders yet!!! where is everyone? we need you now!